Walmart gives in to Bloomberg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walmart gives in to Bloomberg

Thumbs down Walmart gives in to Bloomberg

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Apr...nSales,00.html

WASHINGTON Wal-Mart, the nation's largest seller of firearms, announced Monday it will toughen rules for gun sales, from storing video of purchases to creating an internal log of which guns they sell that are later used in crimes.

J.P. Suarez, the chief compliance officer for Wal-Mart Stores Inc., appeared with outspoken gun control advocate Mayor Michael Bloomberg of New York to announce the changes at a gathering of Bloomberg's group Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

Changes to come at about 1,100 Wal-Mart stores selling guns include:

_Creating a record and alert system to record when a gun sold at Wal-Mart is later used in a crime. If the purchaser of that gun later tries to buy another gun at Wal-Mart, the system would alert the sales clerk of the prior buy and could refuse to make the sale.

_Retaining the recorded images of gun sales in case law enforcement wants to view them later as part of an investigation.

_Expanding background checks of employees who handle guns and expanding inventory controls.

Suarez said the tougher standards will come with some additional cost to the company.

"The costs are, we think, part of what it takes to be responsible. Everything is not pain-free," he said, adding that small sellers can implement many of the same rules. He did not say how long it would take to implement all the changes, but noted that software must still be created for an internal log of guns later used in crimes.

I don't think so! If they forward any records to Bloomberg then that is a violation of our rights. Again idiots like Bloomberg going after Law abiding Citizens instead of Crooks! If Wal-mart does this then they may as well give in all together and do away with their rifles and shotguns. Wal-mart doesn't sell handguns so this shows what Bloomberg is really wanting to do...get rid of all guns!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

yeah that really doesn't make sense does it? if a gun is used in a crime it is almost always a hand gun. wal mart sells ammo for hand guns.. are they going to start doing the same crap with people who buy the ammo? what an idiot!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

4. Thumbs down Wally World

Yes this will cost them. I for one will not buy any more ammo from Wally World. Lets all do this and let them set on it. as a matter of fact I may stop shopping there all together. Target looking better all the time.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

You know if they spent as much time and money going after guns on the black market and violent criminals as they do creating logs of what I buy it would make much more of an impact on crime.

but then again that not what they are really after.......
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Another example of reasoning logically to the wrong conclusion.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

The Wal-Mart in my town stopped selling guns months ago. They said all stores are slowly phasing out gun sales.

This is just another reason to hate Wal-Mart even more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

8. Well I'm phasing out Wally World. Just another reason to not spend one red cent in their stores. I do not have to support their idiotic policies with my hard earned cash. I think more Americans ought to think about doing this.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

I will be sending Wal Mart an email explaining my opinion to them. It will probably do no good, but if enough people voice their opinion, who knows. I do know they will do about anything not to lose customers

http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

10. No More

I already emailed their corporate office saying I will no longer purchase firearms from them.

11. They are building a new super wallmart here and because of it's location (in a black area ) no guns or ammo will be sold.Why are they not screaming for their rights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast