Bill Forces States to Accept Concealed Gun Permits - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Forces States to Accept Concealed Gun Permits

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    Me too, but as a fan of State's rights, I'm a little "concerned" (not my choice word, but the only thing I could think of for the time being). At the same time, it's a Federal mandate for all states to at least start re-recognizing the 2A as an individual right, guranteed at the federal level.
    That was the first thought that came to mind.
    I am all for states rights, but the 2A is not a state right, it is a GOD GIVEN right. It is in our countries constitution, and therefore, should not be infringed by states at all. It is wrong for states to say we can't CC. So this bill would rectify past infringment.
    I am all for it. :duim: Statistics show CC is a crime deterent, the anti's cannot deny that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

The State's Rights angle bothered me a bit at first as well, but the more I thought about it, this is a little different than a normal law - it's the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. Would we allow, say, Wisconsin to suddenly no longer recognize Freedom of Speech or Freedom of Religion?

I'd actually like to see this passed as it would put tremendous pressure on states where you cannot get a carry permit or where it is virtually impossible to do so.
    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin
    (1706 - 1790)

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I'd like to find the bill # so that I can figure out which house members are supporting it. If my representatives aren't on the list, they'll be hearing from me soon.
    The bill is HR 5782. Here's a little more info on it.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-5782

I'll believe it when I see it.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Thanks for the bill number. It looks like another similar bill has now been introduced by a politician from Utah.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12