Bill Forces States to Accept Concealed Gun Permits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Forces States to Accept Concealed Gun Permits

Bill Forces States to Accept Concealed Gun Permits

Found a link to this over on the NRA site. Looks awesome to me, but I'm sure it will be a difficult journey to get it through.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/20...dcgunrecip.txt

Here's hoping. :duim:

We can sure hope, but sadly I'm not going to hold my breath.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Chl

:icon_rolleyes:
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    We can sure hope, but sadly I'm not going to hold my breath.
    +1 for me DrDavidM. It would be nice to see but I will believe it when I see it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    :icon_rolleyes:

+1 for me DrDavidM. It would be nice to see but I will believe it when I see it.
    Me too, but as a fan of State's rights, I'm a little "concerned" (not my choice word, but the only thing I could think of for the time being). At the same time, it's a Federal mandate for all states to at least start re-recognizing the 2A as an individual right, guranteed at the federal level.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Several attempts have been made for national reciprocity with no success. If this goes through it will be a pleasant surprise. I believe CCW should be accepted just like drivers licenses.

When did the Brady bunch become a States Rights group and I Pro-Gun Group???

“Peter Hamm, a spokesman for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence said his organization is not anti-gun, but it opposes the bill because of its impact on states.”

Doesn’t “death row” require the commitment of a rather “nasty” felony conviction? And doesn’t a felony conviction disqualify from getting a permit, even in Florida??

“For instance, Florida's standards are so low that some death-row inmates there have permits, he said.”

Does Peter Hamm live in the same world as the rest of us or is he off in some fantasy land all his own?

Personally I would love to see it happen and with

“A bipartisan group of 33 House members are co-sponsors of the bill, Boozman said.”

Maybe it might stand a chance, hope so but I’m not holding my breath.

wow was that a flying pig that by? Makes to much sense for it to pass.

I'd like to find the bill # so that I can figure out which house members are supporting it. If my representatives aren't on the list, they'll be hearing from me soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    Me too, but as a fan of State's rights, I'm a little "concerned" (not my choice word, but the only thing I could think of for the time being). At the same time, it's a Federal mandate for all states to at least start re-recognizing the 2A as an individual right, guranteed at the federal level.
    I know that many conservatives have reservations about incorporation of the Bill of Rights on the state level, but without it, the BoR is essentially meaningless. Most things occur at the state level, not the federal. Incorporation is essential to the Constitution being practically applied.

I don't think it's too much to ask of states to respect basic human dignity. Carrying a weapon for self-defense should be right up there with freedom of speech and non-discrimination. After I preserve my life, then I'll worry about voting rights and where I can eat! :duim:
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

The only bills I know of are,

S. 388 A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a national standard in accordance with which nonresidents of a State may carry concealed firearms in the State

H.R. 861, The National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2007

H.R. 226, To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a national standard in accordance with which nonresidents of a State may carry concealed firearms in the State
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast