If Trayvon Martin had a firearm would he be alive today?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Trayvon Martin had a firearm would he be alive today?

If Trayvon Martin had a firearm would he be alive today?

Unfortunately he was not old enough to carry concealed, but what if he was legally armed that night?

Do you think the stand your ground law in Florida would have protected him from arrest if he shot Zimmerman believing that Zimmerman was threatening serious bodily harm to him?

In this hypothetical situation, did he shoot Zimmerman in the front or back? Before or after he was on top of Zimmerman? Before or after he beat Zimmerman's head into the ground?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I know you're just trying to stir the **** as usual. But here's a relevant response:

If (as Zimmerman claims) he was following Martin, and confronted him verbally - then NO.

If Zimmerman was chasing Martin, running him down, with verbal threats of violence or physical acts of violence - then YES.

I've said it 1000 times on here - and YOU KNOW THE ANSWER, even though you continue to post dumb crap like this: "A person is justified in using deadly force only when he reasonably believes himself to be in imminent danger of bodily harm or death."

Incidentally - the big questions in this case, are "Did Zimmerman put Martin in imminent danger of bodily harm or death?" Or "Did Zimmerman escalate the encounter to physical violence?" An affirmative answer to either question negates his claim of self-defense, since either a) Martin would then become the one defending himself or b) if both parties escalated the situation, then it becomes an "encounter between two willing combatants." Either scenario leaves Zimmerman open for criminal charges.

So far, the answer to those questions is: "The eyewitness accounts, recorded 911 calls, and physical evidence do not support either assertion." That is why Zimmerman was not arrested.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

As noted, he wasn't old enough. That said, I do think Zimmerman, at least from currently released 911 tapes and reports, put himself in a dangerous position without cause. I get that he was protecting his neighborhood, but did he [I]have to[I] follow the kid and get out of the car? Be in the kids' sneakers, you're walking back to your friends' and this older guy is following you in a car, then gets out and approaches; now, it all goes to what was said and how, but this was a nightmare waiting to happen. I have no doubt that Zimmerman is kicking himself for getting out of his car, now in hiding in fear for his life. I did bring up the same question to my wife though, what if this kid was armed? Would he have been so hopped up by this guy following him would he have fired first? Would we have even heard about this if Trevyon was armed? Would we have heard that a young kid killed a neighborhood watchman? Was Zimmerman truly "standing his ground"? I don't envy the work left to the investigators in this case, the frenzy being worked up is almost assured to mask the truth.
    In Peace, Tom
    "Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor." 1 Peter 2:17

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Unfortunately he was not old enough to carry concealed
    "Unfortunately", eh? So you've already arrested, tried and convicted Zimmerman based on media frenzy. Nice. Maybe we should just get rid of the justice system and do trial by media in all cases.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

7. That poor little 13 tear old boy was getting the best of a grown man. He was already on his way to a life of being a criminal. 13 years old getting busted for drugs.. ha.. Zimmerman saved the entire state of Florida whole lot of tax dollars by stopping the kid early. Seems that bad things always only happen to the good kids. Thats all you hear is how good the kid was in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Unfortunately he was not old enough to carry concealed, but what if he was legally armed that night?

Do you think the stand your ground law in Florida would have protected him from arrest if he shot Zimmerman believing that Zimmerman was threatening serious bodily harm to him?

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

The police report from the first on the scene cop.

No political frenzy.

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress....olicreport.pdf

-Doc

Nogods has nobrains.

Trayvon broke Zimmerman's nose and was smashing his head on the sidewalk when he was shot.

That is why he wasn't arrested.

Now it is trial by news media lynch mob!

-Doc

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast