Just saw a gun buy back commercial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just saw a gun buy back commercial

Thumbs down Just saw a gun buy back commercial

This is the verbage that scrolled during the commercial. What a load of crap. I am too disgusted to type!!!:respirar:

Please contact Eddies wholesale and the Mobile County sheriff to gripe.

Eddies wholesale wants to get guns off the streets
    In accordance with Mobile county Sheriffs dept. and Mobile Police Dept law!

Eddies pays a minimum of $100.00 cash and up to $1000.00 for any gun!

Make your home safe!
    :Image15:
    Eddies Wholesale
    Highway 90 West
    Theodore Al.

Eddie's Wholesale Jewelry
    5641 Highway 90, Theodore, AL 36582
    (251) 653-1019

Channel 5 WKRG MOBILE

Mobile County Sheriff's Office
    PO Box: 113
    Mobile, AL - 36601

Sheriff Sam Cochran (251) 574-STAR
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Is it a pawn shop, or just a jewelry store? Could be just a hype to try to get people to sell them thier guns cheap.

On a related note:
    I've decided to clean up the country from firearms too. Thier destructive reign of evil has come to an end thanks to me, (hold the applause.) If you own any firearms, please bring them to my house, so I can...uh...dispose of them properly. Thank you for your cooperation. :icon_cheesygrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Cooter that is great of you,I know you will do the write thing.:sly:
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

It's an advertising scam. I, however, would never buy anything from them again

http://www.al.com/news/press-registe...7140.xml&coll=
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Talking buy back

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Is it a pawn shop, or just a jewelry store? Could be just a hype to try to get people to sell them their guns cheap.

On a related note:
    I've decided to clean up the country from firearms too. Their destructive reign of evil has come to an end thanks to me, (hold the applause.) If you own any firearms, please bring them to my house, so I can...uh...dispose of them properly. Thank you for your cooperation. :icon_cheesy grin:

I have thought about doing the same. I have always been civic minded.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Guns for sex would go farther.

The Article

Police: Guns for cash ad causing confusion

Law enforcement agencies say they're not involved in Eddie's Wholesale pawnshop effort Wednesday, March 12, 2008By KATHERINE SAYREStaff Reporter

Eddie's Wholesale in Theodore wants your guns.

The pawnshop's owner has created a 30-second TV and radio advertisement that invokes the names of local law enforcement agencies to get the attention of viewers.
    "Eddie's Wholesale wants to get guns off the street in accordance with the Mobile Police Department and Mobile County Sheriff's Office law," the commercial states, adding that the shop will pay $100 to $1,000 for each gun.
    Mobile Police Department officials said Tuesday that the ad has created some confusion, causing some people to think the police are involved with the shop's efforts. The pawnshop plans to resell the guns, but police destroy any firearms recovered through Police Department buybacks, officials said .
    "We are not associated with this gun buyback," said Nancy Johnson, Mobile police spokeswoman.
    With police gun buybacks, "We're not reselling them or returning them into the circulation of owners or buyers of guns," Johnson added.
    Eddie's Wholesale Jewelry, Pawn and Gun Shop owner Randy Collins said his ad is a "play on words" because the shop will be following all laws enforced by police and sheriff's deputies.
    "There's no false advertisement in it anywhere," Collins said.
    Mobile police last year confiscated hundreds of pistols, rifles and sawed-off shotguns in its own Operation Safe Gun buyback.
    People turned in guns for $100 gift cards to Wal-Mart, and police did not ask people to identify themselves.
    Collins said he's doing the community a favor: Any stolen guns he buys will be turned over to local police. And those bringing in the guns will have to leave their names, addresses and other identifying information.
    When guns are resold, the shop will request federally required background checks, meaning the weapons won't be sold to convicted felons or anyone facing domestic violence charges, Collins said.
    Alabama state law does not require firearms to be registered or the sale of guns to be reported to local or state authorities.
    Collins said Tuesday afternoon at the shop on Highway 90 that the ad has gotten more response than any of his previous grabs for customers -- mostly because people have hit hard times.
    His shop has bought more than 20 guns since the ad first aired on Friday, he said.
    "I'm not doing this to make money," Collins said. "I'm doing this to maybe save a life."
    Maj. Chad Tucker, Mobile County Sheriff's Office spokesman, said the Sheriff's Office is not involved with the shop buying guns, and his office hasn't received any calls from the public concerning the ad.
    "One could say the positive is those they resell them to are subjected to a national background check, which is something that a drug dealer on the street is not going to do," Tucker said.
    Connie Reeves of Mobile ventured into Eddie's Wholesale on Tuesday afternoon to sell a .30-30 rifle he inherited from his father. The shop paid him $100.
    Reeves said he needed the cash because of slow business as an audio-electronics repairman. The ad inspired him to go to Eddie's, he said.
    "It gets your attention," Reeves said.

????????:confused22:
    Jim
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."
    Yoshimi Ishikawa

I saw an article the other day about a city-wide household hazardous waste cleanup day (in conjunction with earth day of course) to help people get rid of hazardous items properly. According to the article one item people don't know how to dispose of is ammunition, so since I am so civic minded I've decided to help folks out by disposing of their unwanted ammunition for them. I am currently accepting donations of .223, .357Mag, .38, and 9mm. As I told my wife, I may find it necessary to purchase further ammunition disposal devices, but such is the price of saving the earth!

You got it. save the earth.Buy a gun

Cash, eh.

Now if I could a new pair of Nikes, we'd be talkin!
    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin
    (1706 - 1790)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast