If the assault weapon ban returned, what would you buy? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the assault weapon ban returned, what would you buy?

I'd nave to go with Ammo also. I have enough firearms but they are useless without ammo. Also I'd buy up powder, primers and brass. I can cast hard lead bullets for anything I shoot.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I was checking out the Sig 556 in Reno yesterday. Wow, that's a nice gun. They had them in stock at Cabelas and Sportsmans Warehouse. Cabelas only had one but Sportsmans had about a half dozen. None of them were the SWAT model. One of Sportsmans had the folding stock and another one had a really nice optical sight made by Sig (at least their name is on it ). I'm thinking about one but it's difficult to justify when my Rock River Entry Tac AR-15 works so well.

I think ammo and reloading supplies is a very good choice as well.

Talking If they are banned again...

Any HK91, CETME, or HK clone (PTR 91 preferred) It must have an evil bayonet lug, evil hi-cap mag, be BLACK, oh and have an evil pistol grip:icon_evil:
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

For me:
    Stocking up on ammo and reloading components is a constant and no sale gets by me.
    I like having more than 1 gun for every caliber that I shoot. If a gun takes a turn for the worse--I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of ammo that I can't shoot. The old addage--2 is 1 and 1 is none.
    I need a couple more guns that shoot 7.62 x 39 and .223/5.56.

Doesn't matter in NYS

Wouldn't matter for me. My right to buy has already been taken anyway.

Smile right to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger Lady View Post
    Wouldn't matter for me. My right to buy has already been taken anyway.
    If you ever have the opportunity move down here to Texas and we will fix you up with your choice.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

8. Ruger Lady - You can still purchase an AR-15 or an AK-47 (and others) in NYS as long as the rifle doesn't have certain "evil" characteristics. Also, you can buy a full-blown "evil" rifle that was manufactured before September 1994 for a considerable premium. Check this out:

Firearm Laws for New York

An "assault weapon" means (a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; (iii) a bayonet mount; (iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; (v) a grenade launcher

Just make sure you get a rifle without a telescoping or folding stock, no bayonet lug and no flash suppressor. Then you can get a rifle with a pistol grip (like most "assault weapons"), a detatchable mag (like ALL "assault weapons") and a muzzle brake (instead of an evil flash suppressor).

The retards that wrote this law have no clue. I can't wait for someone to kill someone else with a dreaded telescoping stock!

EDIT: THESE RULES DO NOT APPLY TO THE 5 BOROUGHS OF NEW YORK CITY. THERE ARE ONLY A HANDFUL OF SEMI-AUTO RIFLES THAT ARE LEGAL IN NEW YORK CITY SUCH AS THE RUGER 10/22, RUGER MINI-14 AND MINI-30.
    Last edited by jaymoe; 05-15-2008 at 12:52 PM.

I would buy an Ar-15, and AK-47, an Intratec 9, and a Mac 10. While I'm at it, I would also buy 20 and 30 round magazines for all of them.

10. Go girl get the latest nonassualt weapon.

You can get a Romanian Dragunov for about $700. It's not the special "pure" Russian one,but it is a Dragunov.I have fired one.It feels pretty good...but I couldn't figure the scope out.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast