If the assault weapon ban returned, what would you buy? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the assault weapon ban returned, what would you buy?

Barrels!

Ar barrels, and lowers, I would max out my credit cards! oh and ammo ammo ammo. Dont worry guys Since Billary is out, I dont think they'll be coming for us since the report from the previous ban shows no progress made during those years.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by createdeemcee View Post
    Ar barrels, and lowers, I would max out my credit cards! oh and ammo ammo ammo. Dont worry guys Since Billary is out, I dont think they'll be coming for us since the report from the previous ban shows no progress made during those years.

Dont worry guys Since Billary is out, I dont think they'll be coming for us since the report from the previous ban shows no progress made during those years

Sounds like you are putting to much confidence in Obama as he is still in it. For that matter I am not feeling that good about McCane either.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. How about a passport.

Why barrels? Are they affected by a ban as well?

Just wondering.

AR Barrels!!

It's Just that if a ban goes into effect I would like some pre threaded Barrels for a few registered lowers. That way I can Have complete rifles with pre ban Barrels and furniture.

:smurfmuyloco[1]:
    Just putthe smurf there for *****'s and Giggles

Quote Originally Posted by jaymoe View Post
    Ruger Lady - You can still purchase an AR-15 or an AK-47 (and others) in NYS as long as the rifle doesn't have certain "evil" characteristics. Also, you can buy a full-blown "evil" rifle that was manufactured before September 1994 for a considerable premium. Check this out:

Firearm Laws for New York

An "assault weapon" means (a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; (iii) a bayonet mount; (iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; (v) a grenade launcher

Just make sure you get a rifle without a telescoping or folding stock, no bayonet lug and no flash suppressor. Then you can get a rifle with a pistol grip (like most "assault weapons"), a detatchable mag (like ALL "assault weapons") and a muzzle brake (instead of an evil flash suppressor).

The retards that wrote this law have no clue. I can't wait for someone to kill someone else with a dreaded telescoping stock!

EDIT: THESE RULES DO NOT APPLY TO THE 5 BOROUGHS OF NEW YORK CITY. THERE ARE ONLY A HANDFUL OF SEMI-AUTO RIFLES THAT ARE LEGAL IN NEW YORK CITY SUCH AS THE RUGER 10/22, RUGER MINI-14 AND MINI-30.
    (v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm; or (d) any of the weapons, or functioning frames or receivers of such weapons, or copies or duplicates of such weapons, in any caliber, known as (i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (All Models); (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (iii) Beretta Ar70 (Sc-70); (iv) Colt Ar-15;(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC; (vi) SWD M 10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12; (vii) Steyr Aug; (viii) Intratec TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and (ix) Revolving Cylinder Shotguns, such as (or Similar to) the Streetsweeper and Striker 12; (e) provided, however, that such term does not include: (i) any rifle, shotgun or pistol that (a) is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide-action; (b) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or (c) is an antique firearm as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(16);

jaymoe,you missed this little fine print. I'd love to have a Ar-15 but I couldn't afford a pre-ban weapon. I tell you, I'm really thinking about moving to Florida. I have a lot of family there and the politicians seem to respect the 2nd amendment, unlike New York State. But I want to stay and fight for the rights of gun owners in this state because there doesn't seem to be many of us.
    Maybe someone could tell me of a "legal" weapon I could buy that is similar to an Ar-15?:icon_question:
    New York State Consolidated Laws, Civil Rights, Article 2-Bill of Rights, Section 4

S 4. Right to keep and bear arms. A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.

Red face You forgot about the bayonet lug

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger Lady View Post
    (v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm; or (d) any of the weapons, or functioning frames or receivers of such weapons, or copies or duplicates of such weapons, in any caliber, known as (i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (All Models); (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (iii) Beretta Ar70 (Sc-70); (iv) Colt Ar-15;(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC; (vi) SWD M 10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12; (vii) Steyr Aug; (viii) Intratec TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and (ix) Revolving Cylinder Shotguns, such as (or Similar to) the Streetsweeper and Striker 12; (e) provided, however, that such term does not include: (i) any rifle, shotgun or pistol that (a) is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide-action; (b) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or (c) is an antique firearm as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(16);

jaymoe,you missed this little fine print. I'd love to have a Ar-15 but I couldn't afford a pre-ban weapon. I tell you, I'm really thinking about moving to Florida. I have a lot of family there and the politicians seem to respect the 2nd amendment, unlike New York State. But I want to stay and fight for the rights of gun owners in this state because there doesn't seem to be many of us.
    Maybe someone could tell me of a "legal" weapon I could buy that is similar to an Ar-15?:icon_question:
    This surely put an end to all the drive-by bayonettings a few years back???????:boom04:
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

A new mill, lathe, welder and torches. A bunch of metal, and ammunition.

The problem in the future will be ammunitin and components, not the devices to initiate/direct them.

i would like a 308 semi auto custom military rife in carbine lenght w/20 rd mags.

Already have my MIL-SPEC AR-15, bought it that way on purpose, because when the balloon goes up any surplus parts will fit it. Olympic Arms made mine, and I have never regretted the purchase. Folks, get 'em now while you can, give up something you can LIVE WITHOUT to get something you CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT!!! Can you make it without Starbucks, or take out, or hell even power, for long enough to get yourself covered. CYA takes on a whole new meaning in times like these.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast