Concealed Carry Reciprocity Amendment - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Amendment

1. Quote Originally Posted by createdeemcee View Post
    Hi Tone,

I am a resident of MD , and I have both the FL, and VA non-resident permits, which in total gives me 38 states to carry in.
    Really? According to the interactive maps here, a VA non-resident permit won't give you anything that a FL non-resident permit already gets you.

BTW, how long did it take you to get your FL permit? I just mailed my application in a week ago.

My Uncle is a Circuit Court Judge in Baltimore who has a permit hence his job, He's an avid shooter like most of my dads siblings, and fully disagrees with the States stance on our gun laws. He's Baffled at what the law did for FL, and notices differences between the states that surround us (Violent Crime Wise). Things happen in those states, but not like MD. Sorry but this wont mean anything as far as reciprocity in MD, as since MD wont honor sister states, They wont honor MD's permit. Some do, but most wont. So if you and I some day want it to happen we need to get maryland onboard as soon as possible. DO you have any of our states links to or gun laws etc?

:icon_sick:
    One great link is Maryland Shall Issue

Took Me about 1 1/2 months. Delaware is added by haveing FL, and VA. Once those yellow states turn blue we will be fine, just waiting on the reciprocity agreement from WV and everything will be ok, Thanks for the link!

Ian

4. Quote Originally Posted by createdeemcee View Post
    Took Me about 1 1/2 months.
    That's not bad. I was thinking I was going to have to wait the full 3 months. Still, waiting is torture!

Delaware is added by haveing FL, and VA.
    Yeah, but if you already have Delaware by virtue of the FL permit, why would you even need a VA permit?

Once those yellow states turn blue we will be fine, just waiting on the reciprocity agreement from WV and everything will be ok, Thanks for the link!

Ian
    So if this Amendment passes, will we be able to carry in MD under the authority of our FL non-resident permits?

So if this Amendment passes, will we be able to carry in MD under the authority of our FL non-resident permits?
    Wishful Thinking Buddy, but NO!!! We are a shall issue state which means with a little effort of our citizens, we may be able to make Annapolis smarter.

Sorry for the late respose, but the VA non resi adds WV but currently the reciprocity doesnt allow since a year ago. But is in the works to be reinstated. Also VA non resi doesnt give you del.And fl does. I travel thru del at times so having bot FL and VA best suit us here in md for the time being.
    Last edited by createdeemcee; 06-14-2008 at 01:03 AM.

Vitter has not given up, he is reintroducing another version this week...

GOA Alert-- June 18, 2008

Get on your congressmen to support it, let them know you are watching, remind them that they asked you for your vote and you found them worthy...

Thanks for the link BO, I have email my local senator, who is so far left i dont even expect her to read it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12