John McCain: What 'dirty laundry' did U leave behind you in Vietnam?

Thread: John McCain: What 'dirty laundry' did U leave behind you in Vietnam?

Ancient History.

Post removed, BHO won, no need, way too long rant.

C-L
    Last edited by Canis-Lupus; 12-17-2008 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Obama Won.

I really trust Mc Cane not much more than the two traitors from the Demon crat party. He may be the lesser of three evils but that is about all I can say for him.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Better that micky mouse at 3 in the morning. Hillary with PMS might be ok the other 3 weeks no. Obama will sell the US to the higest bidder.

This sounds like a situation where any two sides will have three perspectives. Only the people involved knew what happened. At any rate, the war in Vietnam is long over.

McCain's actions during and after the war are totally consistent with that of a human being. Captured POWs often give enough information to stay alive, but try to avoid the big stuff. Regardless of his ex-wife's injuries, look at today's soldiers. How many people do we see coming home, heavily traumatized from the war, who can't go back emotionally and mentally to their old lives? They sometimes engage in a hedonistic rush of partying (or fall into a pit of despair) because of the mental health issues involved. Having the crap beaten out of them for years by enemy captors will change someone far beyond comprehension.

In any case, I think that John McCain can still do an excellent job of leading the country. I'm voting for him, I'm supporting him, and I'm working on his campaign. I have and will continue to volunteer for McCain on a local level, and will represent him at the RNC in September.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Exclamation I have met Col. Bud Day

He lives about 30 minutes south of me. Nicest guy you will ever meet. He only speaks out on the things he is passionate about. The US of A is one of those things. He cannot and will not allow our constitutional rights to slip quietly into that good night so to speak. I do not feel he has cheapened the Medal of Honor (it is not called the Congressional Medal of Honor except by the news media and uninformed). He has continued to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic (hence the swift boat vets campaign in the last election).

:23:
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

The basic criteria for awarding the Medal of Honor is apparently...

"…conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States…"

Often the really public recipients have taken some sort of action to save someone else - because the people who were saved, or witnessed it, talk about it later. Col. Day didn't take direct action to save anyone specifically, but he did endure incredible odds and (based on his word) refused to give the NVA any information, or gave false information.

I'll admit to being biased in favor of McCain. However, at least on the face of it, it sounds like to me that Day was deserving at least in his own right. Maybe he had some help in getting noticed amongst all the other veterans, but IMO that doesn't diminish his right to the Medal.

A side note is that if Day had been killed (many MoH recipients are posthumously awarded) he probably wouldn't have gotten the award, because no one would have been aware of what he had done.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics