Crackdown in Burma: It couldn't happen here, Yet. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crackdown in Burma: It couldn't happen here, Yet.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    OK, so everybody agrees that it would be unconstitutional for our government to disarm us ala UK, Canada, Austrailia or Bhurma. Most of us have taken some kind of oath for our country. I was in the Army a life-time ago, but I clearly remember the part of my oath that said something to the effect of, "I will protect the US from all enemies, both foreign and domestic." Do oaths like that expire at some point? Was I relieved of my oath when I was relieved of my rank and uniform? Questions which I suppose each individual has to answer for him/herself, but for me, the answer to both is a vehement "NO!"

Now, I want to be careful not to encourage anyone to talk about what illegal activity they might/would/have participated in, nor will I indulge in same. But I would like, since we're on the subject, to know where is the legal line for you folks when it comes to defending against domestic enemies? Or, maybe I should ask, is there a line which, if crossed, members of your government would transition from political opponents to enemies of the state?

It's a theoretical question that, if answered thoughtfully, should help us all to understand whether or not the title of this thread rings true, that it couldn't happen here....yet.

I'll get it started. The answer for me is a resounding "YES!" there is a line. But I don't believe, or at least I've seen no evidence to suggest, that there's enough Americans who have the stomach for the consequences of acting on that conclusion. But the question I'm asking is not about acting on it. I would just like to know if the line exists for y'all, and if so, would you consider those who did act on it, whether or not you were willing to, criminals or hyper-patriots?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

I have a small but pertinent point. When you have groups fighting over the control of a country, it's imperative that the whole body of the people are as well armed as those groups who are fighting over that control. That way, regardless of whomever wins that "battle", the people will remain relatively free, since no faction would be powerful enough to enslave those people.

So it is in this country, with the Republicans and Democrats, or the leftist and those on the right. As long as We the People remain as armed as any faction in power in our country (whomever is in control of Congress, the Presidency, and the Court), then we retain the power necessary to remain free, and those in positions of power will remain humble and subservient before us.

Be careful for whom you cast your votes.

Woody

"We the People are the government of this land. We decide who writes our laws, we decide who leads us, and we decide who will judge us; for as long as We the People have the arms to keep it that way." B.E.Wood

bluesstringer

makes a good point. have we /i considered " a line in the sand" which crossed,that you would take a stand for the nation? if the federal goverment outlawed privately owned firearms, would we as current or former, military and law enforcement and security personnel and freedom loving, God fearing , gun owning americans, be prepared to fire on and take action against the goverment we served, even to the point of firing upon our friends, neighbors, their kids who now wear the badge or uniform? maybe even those we trained ourselves? this is a very serious thing. decide now. i have.so stand up, speak up and get involved. write your congresspeople. it happenend in burma, the U.K., canada and australia. it can happen here. the only thing the libs need is for good people to sit on their butts and do nothing.so, whaddya waiting for? a invitation? LET'S MOVE OUT!

5. Many things are working towards this end here.
    Freedom is not free.
    To keep it one has to fight for it.
    Nuke'em til they glow then shoot them in the dark!

6. The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all.

--Thomas Jefferson

constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all.

--Thomas Jefferson
    Exactly. It is sad but there are few if any polititions like Jefferson, Washington, Adams,Jackson etc. anymore. Most of them are globalists and enemies of our Republic.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Cool well,

if and when the time comes, they will find me ready and waiting. a bit gimpy, maybe, but ready......

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Exactly. It is sad but there are few if any polititions like Jefferson, Washington, Adams,Jackson etc. anymore. Most of them are globalists and enemies of our Republic.
    +1! And sadly, a one world government is GOING to happen eventually. We can fight it, but eventually it WILL to happen, unfortunately.
    Doug - NRA, GOA, MGO, SAFE

G17, G19, G22, G23, G26, G27, SIG P229, Ruger GP100
    Bushmaster AR-15 (XM-15), Winchester 1300 Defender 12 Gauge, Ruger PC-9 (9mm Carbine)

Why do I carry a gun? Because I can't carry a cop!

+2 !!!

A Sad Day When That Eventually Happens. And I Fear Sooner, Rather Than Later.... Much Sooner

...even to the point of firing upon our friends, neighbors, their kids who now wear the badge or uniform?
    ...the definition of Civil War, neh?

A good example of what you'd be up against, both in firepower and Governmental mentality can be found in the documentary, Waco: Rules of Engagement. There are conflicting views as to its veracity, some calling the documentary a hoax, but take a look, read the blurb, and make your own evaluation. I have.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123