Al Sharpton doesn't know how close he is to being right - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Al Sharpton doesn't know how close he is to being right

1. Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    I have a couple questions for AF. Will ask them one at a time to see where the next question would fit in. Is that Felony still on your record?
    I don't think so
    I've been working on it for long time now. Got nothing but dead ends on my own

My counsel says it is supposed to be fixed now. Local PD says its no longer there. Voter registration went through, even though they run checks here and deny felons. Been on jury selection but was released because I claimed a hardship. Passed a background check for an occupational license that requires a waiver for felons and was told I do not need a waiver. I have not just walked into a gun store and tried to do an NCIC because if it isn't taken care of on all levels the last thing I need is trouble now after all these years.

It was supposed to reduce to a misdemeanor after completion of probation. The attorney told me that the no contest plea and successful probation would guaranty that it wouldn't affect my future. That was the deal I took. It was all over in minutes in court and I was on the street four hours later. I tried to follow what was going on but most of it sounded like jibberish. I only found out later when turned down for a job that something had gone wrong.

Even if I had been guilty of what I was charged there's no reason to deny rights to any man after twenty something years of a spotless record. The recidivism rate after 20 years is almost zero.

Next question.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Curious, where is it written that every american over 18 has the right to vote?
    Section 1, Amendment XXVI of the Constitution, ratified July 1, 1971.

Quote Originally Posted by accidentalfelon View Post
    I don't think so
    I've been working on it for long time now. Got nothing but dead ends on my own

My counsel says it is supposed to be fixed now. Local PD says its no longer there. Voter registration went through, even though they run checks here and deny felons. Been on jury selection but was released because I claimed a hardship. Passed a background check for an occupational license that requires a waiver for felons and was told I do not need a waiver. I have not just walked into a gun store and tried to do an NCIC because if it isn't taken care of on all levels the last thing I need is trouble now after all these years.

It was supposed to reduce to a misdemeanor after completion of probation. The attorney told me that the no contest plea and successful probation would guaranty that it wouldn't affect my future. That was the deal I took. It was all over in minutes in court and I was on the street four hours later. I tried to follow what was going on but most of it sounded like jibberish. I only found out later when turned down for a job that something had gone wrong.

Even if I had been guilty of what I was charged there's no reason to deny rights to any man after twenty something years of a spotless record. The recidivism rate after 20 years is almost zero.

Next question.

What is your state's limits on how long it has to be a clean record before you can get a CCW/CCP permit/license? And was you "crime" reported to the Feds as a felony?
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

5. Re: Al Sharpton doesn't know how close he is to being right

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    What is your state's limits on how long it has to be a clean record before you can get a CCW/CCP permit/license? And was you "crime" reported to the Feds as a felony?
    Five years.

I assume so because I was denied employment once in 1994 because they said they found a felony arrest.

I never checked after that and only ever filled out one other employment application in 1997 that did a background check. Passed that one.

Since then I have only run it locally. Asked a cop during a traffic stop if he would run a check on it. He said it doesn't show up. But I don't know what kind of check he ran. He did come up with a 2001 citation where I was the president of our homeowners association and got between two residents and took one to the ground when he tried to swing a golf club at the other lady. We all got citations but mine was dismissed.

So the answer is "I don't know" and I am not sure I want to know. I have had an attorney slowly working on it with the assumption that it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by accidentalfelon View Post
    Five years.

I assume so because I was denied employment once in 1994 because they said they found a felony arrest.

I never checked after that and only ever filled out one other employment application in 1997 that did a background check. Passed that one.

Since then I have only run it locally. Asked a cop during a traffic stop if he would run a check on it. He said it doesn't show up. But I don't know what kind of check he ran. He did come up with a 2001 citation where I was the president of our homeowners association and got between two residents and took one to the ground when he tried to swing a golf club at the other lady. We all got citations but mine was dismissed.

So the answer is "I don't know" and I am not sure I want to know. I have had an attorney slowly working on it with the assumption that it is there.

Have you tried to buy a Firearm?

I was delayed in obtaining, because the local police reported a case as a felony back in the 80's to the FBI. Did the NCIC UPIN route, took a while but got that straightened out. Other discrepencies I'm working on now. I did it myself. Hope this helps.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...mber-upin.html
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

7. Re: Al Sharpton doesn't know how close he is to being right

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    Have you tried to buy a Firearm?

I was delayed in obtaining, because the local police reported a case as a felony back in the 80's to the FBI. Did the NCIC UPIN route, took a while but got that straightened out. Other discrepencies I'm working on now. I did it myself. Hope this helps.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...mber-upin.html
    Thank you. I have never tried. Just assumed it was there and didn't want any trouble invited into my life.

Thanks for the link.

Joshuawak Guest

thailand women

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456