Al Sharpton doesn't know how close he is to being right
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Al Sharpton doesn't know how close he is to being right

1. Al Sharpton doesn't know how close he is to being right

Al Sharpton’s article in the LA Times today. – abridged and corrected for intellectual honesty .(in parenthesis)

The original article can be found here: http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...0,522757.story

The American Revolution, which created our nation, was a fight for self-governance………….

Now we face a new threat: that of an American De-volution, which could reverse nearly 50 (over 200) years of progress since the Voting Rights Act (Bill of Rights.)

Across the country, states have passed or have proposed new rules for voting (bearing a weapon), such as photo ID requirements and restrictions in early and absentee voting (on when and where we can bear arms). The laws are new, but to many of us they're just the same old tricks. I remember when tactics like these were called Jim Crow (restricted to the black community)………..

Those championing tough new voter ID (gun control laws) say they are concerned about voter fraud (crime). I've heard their arguments: "What's wrong with requiring voters (gun purchasers) to have an ID? After all, you need a state-issued ID to drive, to get on an airplane, to write a check. Why not to vote (buy a firearm)?"

Here's why. On a fundamental level, that argument confuses privileges with rights. No American has a constitutional right to drive, fly or pay by check. We do not have constitutionally protected rights to rent cars or to use credit cards. That some people think these activities are comparable to voting (bearing arms) is alarming — and revealing.

Every American 18 or older has the right to vote (bear arms). Poor Americans, black Americans, Americans who live in rural (or metropolitan areas), Americans of every background. For decades we have recognized this truth, making it easier to vote (obtain firearms,) expanding options for casting ballots and improving access to registration. (At one time you could order them all day from the Sears catalog.) These new ID laws take us backward; they truly are nothing more than modern-day poll taxes and literacy tests (and means to monitor the citizenry.)

We're watching history repeat itself………..

One observation that makes these comparisons different, the constitution recognized that every man has the right to self protection and that right comes from GOD.

Voting, on the other hand is a right solely given to CITIZENS of this country.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Curious, where is it written that every american over 18 has the right to vote?

I'm with buddy. Sharpton is just plain ignorant.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

5. I thought the voter ID was to keep dogs,cats,dead people,people voting more than one time and the people from other countries from voting.

Al Sharpton is a race hustling con man without an ounce of credibility. Should we even care what he says?

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

The media's report that you must have a driver's license has been a liberal trick in my opinion. Every area that I have heard that is requiring ID, has it stated that it must be state-issued photo ID. No where does it say that it must be a driver's license. Yet, the media is focused on it being a driver's license and has focused on numbers that a lot of people in poor areas don't have drivers licenses... and then media makes another leap and says that this is a right-winged attack on blacks... since they are poor. ***shakes head in a befuddled manner at the illogical sequence of reporting***

The state-issued ID does NOT have to be a driver's license and these laws are to keep votes from happening by persons that don't exist anymore, or entities that are not legal voters, like dogs, cats, and other pets.

If a gun store sold a gun to my dog, or to my dead uncle, I think I'd like to see a rule saying that they need to show proper state-issued ID to buy that gun...or to vote (I put this in as a mockery of your Al Sharpton article)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

You wonder why only the left wing liberals are complaining about voter ID. These guys know there policies are not popular among most legal voters. You would never know that by listening to the main stream media. They know if they had to compete in a fair and legal election democrats would loose. I have yet to be convinced that a picture ID disenfranchises a voter but doesn't disenfranchise someone that wants to get on an airplane.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by accidentalfelon View Post
    Every American 18 or older has the right to bear arms. (unless of course that person have been deprived of that right by due process of law as a result of a crime that they have committed as provided for in the Constituion)
    Abridged and corrected for intellectual honesty .(in parenthesis)
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

10. This post was meant to show the hypocrisy of the left.

It's too burdensome to show an id to vote, but gun owners are expected to jump through hoops to exercise their second amendment right.

The difference is voting was recognized as being given as a right by the framers of the constitution. Gun ownership however was recognized as a right given by God.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by accidentalfelon View Post
    Gun ownership however was recognized as a right given by God.
    Cite please? Please show me one place in our founding documents that states that God Himself (you know the same God that tells us to obey our rulers, even the unjust ones) gives people the right to own guns
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast