*** GrassRoots Action Alert *** South Carolina

Thread: *** GrassRoots Action Alert *** South Carolina

*** GrassRoots Action Alert *** South Carolina

Please read this thread in our SC forum. http://www.usacarry.com/forums/south...ion-alert.html

It is crunch time for H. 3212, the concealed weapon permit (CWP) recognition/reciprocity bill that has been awaiting Senate action since March 26, 2008, when the House refused to concur with the Senate amendment just as GrassRoots GunRights asked them to refuse to do.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Thanks for the Heads up Red Hat.........................
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Don't know if this will do any good, but...

Sent this tonight to these 3: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

------------------------------------------

RE: H. 3212

Honorable Gentlemen:

As a current landowner and future homeowner in Anderson County — my wife and I purchased 37 acres on Rte. 88 in Liberty about 20 months ago and plan to make our move in the next 12 months or so — I would ask you to consider me a constituent.

As a constituent — and a firearms owner and CCW holder eligible to carry concealed in over 30 States (EXCEPT South Carolina!) — I take the same position as that of South Carolina’s GrassRoots GunRights organization, and urge you to consider that position when this bill comes before you.

I look forward to becoming a resident of South Carolina as soon as practical for us, and of the freedom I’ll enjoy over that of my current State, New Jersey. It’s exactly because of the refreshingly intelligent laws in South Carolina (as well as the beautiful countryside and the most excellent people we’ve met!) that we chose your State as our destination.

I hope our faith in your State continues to be reinforced as the right choice, and I look forward to many happy years in your company.

Thank you for your time, for your service, and for your wonderful State.

Sincerely,

(Me)
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Ektarr...

RE: H. 3212

As a constituent — and a firearms owner and CCW holder eligible to carry concealed in over 30 States (EXCEPT South Carolina!) ]— I take the same position as that of South Carolina’s GrassRoots GunRights organization, and urge you to consider that position when this bill comes before you.

Actually, it appears that you are eligible for a SC CWP. A recent change to the law makes an allowance for a "non-resident" to obtain a CWP if the individual owns property in SC and pays taxes on it. There is a form to be filled out, and the other requirements must still be met. Go to http://www.sled.sc.gov/Reciprocity1.aspx?MenuID=CWP and you can download the form.

Howard
    Last edited by hpj3; 06-01-2008 at 01:06 AM.
    NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor, Range Safety Officer
    SC CWP Instructor
    GrassRoots GunRights SC - the only choice for SC

Howard, thanks for that information! I apprecaite it! Actually,the problem I have is not in getting the permit...I'm sure I'd be able to clear all the hurdles and I'm sure I'd qualify for the Non-Res permit as "intending" to move down. The problem is getting the TIME to go through the class! We're actually getting down to the Greenville area the week of June 21st and we'll be there for 10 days! Halleluja!! A Vacation!! Trouble is, every waking moment of our visit is already accounted for!! Between visiting Friends, checking out some future needs (builders, schools, etc), we've got a VERY full plate! I'm still eligible for another few days later this year. I may make it my business to go down strictly to take the class and put in my papers. Otherwise, I can always get it when I finally make the leap. No hurry at this time.

Maybe I'll get to meet you guys once we're settled in...!!
    Last edited by Ektarr; 06-01-2008 at 08:35 PM.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!