Fred Thompson Wows 'Em At the NRA Convention - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fred Thompson Wows 'Em At the NRA Convention

Fred Thompson has a substantial record of . . . voting anti-gun...
    As much as it would be nice that all I'd have to consider when casting my vote are 2A concerns, they are not. While Ron Paul...whom I admit is the most Libertarian of the candidates...has a refreshing perspective on the Constitution with respect to 2A, I have other issues whach are just as important to me. Paul would withdraw all troops from Iraq immediately, for example. While I want them home as badly as anyone, the Military Me sees another side of this issue and, now that we're there and have made a commitment, I would be loathe to just cut and run (for that's what it would be at this point) and leave those people hanging before they're ready [regrettable pun]. Further, I truly believe that we're not fighting The Bastids here because we're still fighting them there, and that's an acceptable tradeoff to me. Other aspects of Paul are more attractive, but this is more than I could likely overlook in him.

There are planks in the "Ektarr for President" platform that I'm sure you and Ron Paul would be on board with, but that's for another posting...
    Last edited by Ektarr; 10-05-2007 at 02:37 PM.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Thumbs up

Any anti-gun vote is a sell-out in my Opinion...
    • Fred Thompson has at least 13 (Thirteen) anti-gun votes on record...

• Mike Huckabee 0 (Zero) anti-gun votes on record...

• Ron Paul 0 (Zero) anti-gun votes on record...

Thumbs up

Ron Paul's position on the War on Terrorism and foreign policy is the reason why I am with Huckabee...

I am just letting everybody know that Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee are the ONLY candidates who have a 100% pro-gun and pro-constitution record...

And Huckabee has actually led a government and with great success at that...

Neither Fred Thompson nor Ron Paul have led a government or been the CEO of a major corporation.

Fred Thompson has been almost entirely out of politics for the last five years...

Fred Thompson has never been to Iraq or the middle-east...

Both Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul have been many times...

When it comes to the primaries...
    If you have ever voted against the constitution, including but not limited to the 2nd amendment you do not get my vote...

There is no issue more fundamental then the right to self-preservation, an in-alienable right and one further guaranteed by the 2nd amendment, et. al. ...

If you do not have a history of 100% support for the constitution and the 2nd amendment you do not get my vote in the primaries...
    YES IT IS THAT IMPORTANT...

One of the most creditable things of leadership ability a potential President can have on his/her resume is having served as a state Governor or CEO of a major international corporation…
    In alternate, being a General, Admiral etc., in one of the branches of the Military would be another good indicator of proven leadership ability…

Paul comes off a tad bit radical when he talks about sequestering the U.S. from the rest of the world...

Americans don't cut and run... Charlton Heston, et. al.
    Last edited by Bohemian; 10-05-2007 at 03:22 PM.

I am just letting everybody know that Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee are the ONLY candidates who have a 100% pro-gun and pro-constitution record...
    If my current choices were limited to Paul or Huckabee, right now I'd probably lean toward Huckabee although...truth be told...there's probably a lot of value in going overboard and plugging in someone who's extreme to the Right, if only to send a message to those who are extremely Left! I'm for Fred, for now, until someone can demonstrate to me that either Paul or Huckabee would make a better overall choice. I don't think so at this time, given ALL the issues...not just 2A. But I'm still open, and the elections are still in the future.

Thumbs up

Heres one...

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power...
    Benjamin Franklin.

Which has been paraphrased to mean...
    Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Heres one...

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power...
    Benjamin Franklin.

Which has been paraphrased to mean...
    Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither...
    Bohemian, I must apologize that your reference escapes me. Help me out, willya?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    As I have said in another thread, I was on-board with Fred when the rumors of his run first started circulating. However, since that time, I have learned of his 2A shortcomings, mostly, I'm embarrassed to admit, from that other thread. But the one thing that really concerned me about him from the beginning is that he voted in favor of McCain/Feingold. I believe strongly that the SCOTUS decided dead-wrong on the constitutionality of that political-speech-stifling bill, and Fred doesn't believe that, nor does he apologize for his support and vote in favor of it. Rather, he says that it was not implemented correctly, but that it was a good bill which he would still support given the same set of circumstances today. I guess he means by that, that if he didn't know how poorly it would be implemented today, that would be the "same set of circumstances."

In short, he's got major problems with the first two amendments of The Bill of unalienable Rights. Is the 4th or the 5th next? I can't take that chance.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

As I said in the ther topic running adjacent to this one... It all comes down to who is truely an electable GOP candidate that can beat Billary in the white house other than Rino Rudy. Our 2nd Amendment rights will go straight down the tube if Hillary ever gets to appoint Supreme Court Justices.

The Liberal Dems already know this and are basking in the severly fractured GOP... in fact they are counting on us gnikcuF this up...

READ and WEEP-

Found this article in a Liberal Dem website "The Huffington Post" (keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/martin...b_b_65770.html

Martin Lewis| BIO |

Note to liberal Hillary-bashers: It's The SCOTUS, Stupid!

Posted September 25, 2007 | 10:25 AM (EST)

1) I don't know who the Democratic Presidential candidate next year is going to be.

2) I don't know yet who I personally want it to be. I'm still considering. But my view really doesn't matter for the purpose of this column.

3) I DO know that I will support whoever the Democratic candidate is. If it's Dennis Kucinich or Hillary Clinton. Barack Obama or John Edwards. Or any of the other contenders. Over a Republican? There is NO debate. Nor should there be.

4) I do know that practically the only thing that can defeat the Democrats next year will be the selfish, self-destructive attitude of idealists on the left who are threatening sabotage if Hillary Clinton is the Democratic candidate.

5) I have heard all the arguments and self-righteous (self-lefteous?) diatribes against Hillary on any number of topics. Corporatist... DLC... Panderer... all of that. And people who have said that there would be "no difference" between Hillary and any Republican candidate.

6) Here's the thing. Even if all those accusations against Hillary ARE true (and this post is NOT the place to debate the merits of those arguments) - that would STILL not make a difference to my intent to support her if she is the candidate.

7) And it shouldn't make a difference to any other voters who are Democrats, left-leaning, liberal, progressive or independent. For one overwhelming reason. That trumps any disappointments about votes in 2002, health-care details, triangualation, corporate ties, Iraq policy, etc etc

8) IT'S THE SCOTUS, STUPID!
    The Supreme Court Of The United States.
    9) Starting January 2009 there will be a four-year period where SIX of the Supreme Court members will be in their 70s, 80s and 90s.
    10) FOUR of those six are dependable guardians of our rights. And the fifth is a swing voter.
    11) The two oldest Supreme Court Justices will be 92 and 79 respectively by the end of the next Presidential term. And those two are John Paul Stevens and Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
    12) If you want to know why you MUST support WHOEVER the Democratic candidate is - then just study the actuarial tables on life expectancy.
    13) The simple fact is that there is a very high probability that the next president may appoint at least two new Supreme Court Justices. And probably more. And the laws of statistics say that the first two justices to be replaced will be two of the most dependable votes for decency.
    14) If you seriously believe that it makes no difference in how this nation is governed over the next 30 years if those two justices are conservative or liberal - then there is no hope for your soul or sanity.
    15) If you seriously believe that in regard to the appointment of Supreme Court Justices - that it makes no difference between Hillary Clinton on the one hand - and Rudolph Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Mitt Romney, John McCain or even Newt Gingrich on the other hand - then you are seriously beyond redemption.
    16) It doesn't matter WHAT you may dislike about Hillary Clinton - or whoever the Democratic candidate is. If you have any regard for the future of this nation - you will remember this.

It's the SCOTUS, stupid.
    'nuff said. Case over. Dismissed.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Hypocrisy of Fred Thompson on Gun Control...

After voting for the Gun-Free-Shool Zones Act in 1996...

Fred Thompson in 2007 said when speaking of the Virginia Tech massacre, he said: "Whenever I've seen one of those 'Gun-free Zone' signs, especially outside of a school filled with our youngest and most vulnerable citizens, I've always wondered exactly who these signs are directed at. Obviously, they don't mean much to the sort of man who murdered 32 people just a few days ago."

Ask Hanoi John Kerry if Hypocrisy can win you the Presidency...

The clear thinking Republican voting majority will not allow Hillary "Billary" Clinton in the White house...

Although, ultra liberal propaganda scumbag Martin Lewis and Al-Qaeda are pulling for her...

I like Mike
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Although, ultra liberal propaganda scumbag Martin Lewis and Al-Qaeda are pulling for her...

ROTFL!!!:D
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast