Fred Thompson Wows 'Em At the NRA Convention - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fred Thompson Wows 'Em At the NRA Convention

Thumbs up

Why Republicans should ♥ Huckabee in 08
    http://maroon.uchicago.edu/online_ed...n-%e2%80%9908/

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Just to add another fly in the ointment, while I have no objection to Huckabee's platform, I have to wonder why Duncan Hunter is being so ignored. Hunter, in his demeanor, is much more "Reagan-esque" than Huckabee or any of the other Rep. candidates. While his campaign is not focused on passage of The FairTax, he is a supporter of it and has mentioned his support at all the debates so far.

Between Hunter and Huckabee, I think it's probably more a difference of perceptions, as, on paper, they're virtually identical on the issues (as far as I know that is, I was surprised to find how questionable Fred is on 2A issues, so if I'm wrong about Hunter, I'd like to know about it).

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Thumbs up

Duncan Hunter is great on the 2nd Amendment; but he has shot himself in the foot on...

Free trade - he supports these ongoing free trade agreements that are putting Americans out of work, by shipping their jobs overseas...
    Such support makes big business richer and the middle class and blue collar and now technical degreed individuals poorer...
    (Does anybody not agree that our jobs need to stay in America?)

Health care - Hunter was rated 11% by the American Public Health Association (APHA).

Social security - He has a anti-social security voting record.

Candidates in order of preference that also support the 2nd amendment and have the record to prove it:
    1. Mike Huckabee - best all around on all issues... http://www.mikehuckabee.com/
    2. Ron Paul - His position of segregating the U.S. from the rest of the world is his biggest down fall.
    3. Duncan Hunter - previously itemized.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123