Local rag...

Thread: Local rag...

Local rag...

We have an unabashedly liberal tabloid in Jacksonville called Folio Weekly. They have an editorial policy of beating up on conservative candidates, churches, and whatever else they can find. Getting lambasted by Folio is almost a badge of honor among local politicians.

This week's issue centers around firearms and "gun culture", in particular alluding to the idea that they "cause violence", that it's socially backwards, etc. You can see the cover on the above site.

One day I'm going to acquire ownership of Folio, fire all those hippies and send them packing with their hackeysacks.

As a side note, where in the world are there .45s for $39.95? I want to go there and get some.
    Last edited by toreskha; 06-08-2008 at 08:56 PM.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

The words news media and truth do not go hand in hand.

There is no such thing as an independent press in America, unless it is in the country towns. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print.

"I am paid $150.00 a week for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for doing similar things. If I should permit honest opinions to be printed in one issue of my paper, like Othello, before twenty-four hours, my occupation would be gone.

"The business of the New York journalist is to destroy truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify, to fawn at the feet of Mammon; to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. We are the tools and vessels for rich men behind the scenes. We are intellectual prostitutes."

John Swinton, editor of the New York Tribune.

"We live in a dirty and dangerous world. There are some things the general public does not need to know and shouldn't. I believe democracy flourishes when the government can take legitimate steps to keep its secrets, and when the press can decide whether to print what it knows."
    Katherine Graham, Washington Post publisher and CFR member.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

yes for sure.. the actual truth would in fact be a good thing.. how pathetic that these retards don't allow it.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

We can't handle the truth. ( we are all half allen) ahh the world is really flat, Pigs can fly. We would all go nuts if we new.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    There is no such thing as an independent press in America, unless it is in the country towns. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print.
    That all depends on who you are.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics