Where may one not legally carry a firearm?

Thread: Where may one not legally carry a firearm?

Where may one not legally carry a firearm?

Robert Louis Williamson’s Weblog (Rob the Lawyer Criminal Defense Blog)

Recently I’ve been asked about carrying a firearm into a Post Office. Most people think this is illegal because most Postal facilities have a “No Guns Allowed” sign on the front entrance. I did some research on this, and found that it is in fact, NOT illegal to carry a firearm into a Post Office as long as certain conditions are met.
    Question about concealed carry in a Post Office Robert Louis Williamson’s Weblog
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

Where may one not carry?

It varies from state to state. Call your state and local PD
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

Where may one not carry?

This question has been heavily researched and discussed on the old "Packing .org" website. Without going into the whole argument again; NO, it is not legal to CCW in a US Postal Service building anywhere in the USA. The problem arises from two differing sets of laws - one makes it appear that CCW is legal in a post office, then the other set nullifies the first, taking away what at first seemed relatively clear law. Be very clear - there has been no case law on this problem, so whomever wants to test the law, be ready for some long term problems. Sorry to not be quoting chapter and verse, but I'm already tired, besides feeling pretty lazy. All that info is in my files, but finding it could be long and frustrating. :10:
    sailor

I don't know of any other specific topic that has been discussed as much as this with out a clear decision. I have seen it on almost every gun site I have read and every time there are at least two people claiming both views. My advice is unless you really want to find out in court to leave the gun in the car, however we would appreciate you being the test case for the rest of us and I will donated $5 to your defense fund. Just provide details on where to send it after you have been arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I don't know of any other specific topic that has been discussed as much as this with out a clear decision. I have seen it on almost every gun site I have read and every time there are at least two people claiming both views. My advice is unless you really want to find out in court to leave the gun in the car, however we would appreciate you being the test case for the rest of us and I will donated $5 to your defense fund. Just provide details on where to send it after you have been arrested.
    lmao... +1 for me
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!