This came in the e-mail - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This came in the e-mail

With all the enviro-nut "off-jerks" out there, don't you think that someone might've started trying to find the gasoline alternative already? It's called the "FREE MARKET". You know, that "If you build it, they will come...." thing? Call me crazy, but if someone invented a viable alternative to gasoline, don't you think that every Ford, GM, Toyota, Daimler-Chrystler dealership would already have about 1000 of them in stock? It's a bunch of useless "inventors" claiming that the gummint is stifling invention to keep "Chaney's oil buddies" happy. Give me a break.

Like stem cells....if they were worth all this fuss, don't you think someone would be charging $10G's a pop for it?

By the way, who was the last Veep to have any sort of influence? Chaney must be SUPERMAN to do all the crap the libs accuse him of.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    With all the enviro-nut "off-jerks" out there, don't you think that someone might've started trying to find the gasoline alternative already? It's called the "FREE MARKET". You know, that "If you build it, they will come...." thing? Call me crazy, but if someone invented a viable alternative to gasoline, don't you think that every Ford, GM, Toyota, Daimler-Chrystler dealership would already have about 1000 of them in stock?
    Gas has only been expensive for a few years. The market is working, but alternative fuel technology is a whole new strain of application that requires a lot of basic research and R&D. It's not like just producing smaller computer chips or fat-free food.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

4. Have you all heard of the splash and dash gig. We are subidizing gas for the frogs through a lope hole.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Have you all heard of the splash and dash gig. We are subidizing gas for the frogs through a lope hole.
    Abraham Lincoln, River Phoenix and a quadriplegic walked into a bar.

Abe walked up to the bar and said, "I'll have a shot of that fourscore proof."
    The bartender said, "That'll be three dollars."

River ambled up and said, "Can I get something gay and fruity?"
    The bartender said, "That'll be five dollars."

The quadriplegic wheeled up and said, "I want a glass of oil."
    The bartender said, "Man, that stuff is an arm and a leg now!"
    The quadriplegic said, "Don't worry, I won't feel a thing."

Ok, so they don't pay me to write those, obviously...

:bicycle:
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

perhaps we should

just ride a bike .

Environmentalists are loving this. It has always been their goal for Americans to use less oil, so that the caribou living on the North Slope will be able to continue their mating habits unaffected. They do not feel the slightest bit guilty that their efforts are seriously jeopardizing national security. Not everyone has the luxury of living in cities served by public transportation, or of living close enough to their jobs to walk or ride bikes. The fact remains that government exists to serve the people, and any time government policies make people worse off, it has failed them. Thank you, environmentalists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12