The Church And Gun Control - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Church And Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Resolving arms and religion can sometimes be a controversial issue, but it doesn't really need to be.

The Church has long been an advocate of nonviolence, as it should be. I'm an advocate of nonviolence, too - which is why I carry a firearm. Unless I screw up and get myself in the wrong place at the wrong time, I'll never have to use it. As such, it's no more violent than my car keys.

All things being equal, churches should be against violence and support nonviolent, peaceful people who choose to arm themselves.

Couldn't agree with you more. I didn't start this thread for controversy but to try and answer questions concerning the prohibition in some states for carrying into a church. Many want to automatically blame politicians and not delve deeper into the reason.

3. The next lession,research and see who many shootings have been in Churchs ,Temples and others. This will make you ? why some states forbid guns in church.

I DO blame the politicians.But,as was previously stated,here in Texas it is not binding unless it is posted.And the church we go to is not.We go to a Catholic church,and I haven't heard them mention anything about being anti-guns.I'm not saying they're not,or they are.I'm just saying I haven't heard them get into it.But my family's safety is above all rules,and I carry in church.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. I didn't start this thread for controversy but to try and answer questions concerning the prohibition in some states for carrying into a church. Many want to automatically blame politicians and not delve deeper into the reason.
    If there is a deeper reason, it's probably because people have not properly resolved what they view as guns = violence and church = nonviolence. That's not the case, obviously, but their pattern of logic is what's important. Essentially this may mean they believe it's ok to act wrongly outside of church, but when they go in church, it's no smoking, no guns, etc.

Obviously they need to reconcile some ideas and come to terms with the reality of self-defense.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

6. What is great about Florida is that even if a business has a sign that states no guns are allowed, unless it it on the forbidden carry list of the State, you are still able to carry there. They actually have to know that you are carrying and ask you to leave. Of course, if you refuse, you are then subject to trespass and in a bind.

I and several others in our congregation always carry.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

Carry at churches is just like carrying on private property or in your home. There are two approaches that the State can take on this and which one is best is an argument in itself. Suppose the state said that anyone could come into your house armed unless you asked them to disarm. Or some other thing that you may not like such as smoking. Wouldn't you rather they ask first rather than having to tell them to put it out? Same way with carry in the church. In SC the law doesn't forbid carrying in churches you just have to ask first. Same way with carrying in a person's home, you have to sk first and get permission. Wouldn't you prefer someone to ask if they can hunt on your property rather than if you catch them tehn you can run them off?

I think the government should stay out of the churches and requiring someone to ask before carrying is not unreasonable or a violation of 2A to me. If they say you cannot carry at all or that the church cannot forbid carrying then that is a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12