CCW Holder Fired By Pizza Hut - Page 3

View Poll Results: Boycott Pizza Hut Nationwide

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Boycott Pizza Hut Till They Make A Televised, Printed, Apology And Retraction

    41 63.08%
  • Pizza Hut infringed upon its employees 2A Rights, Iowa's Right To Carry, by its policy & actions

    33 50.77%
  • No, I am With The Democrats & Obama Do Not Boycott Pizza Hut, They Were Well Within Their Rights

    5 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 101

Thread: CCW Holder Fired By Pizza Hut

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    It's unfortunate that the deliveryman was fired, especially since he could have been killed had he not violated the company's policy. However, I'm not voting in this poll because as much as I dislike what Pizza Hut did, I still enjoy their pizza and will continue eating their pizzas.

    If others want to boycott Pizza Hut, let them, but I won't, especially since technically, this was a company policy that presumably, the employee was aware of prior to the incident, so it's not as if it was sprung on him surprisingly.

    Secondly, yes, his 2A rights were violated, but while on company time, he is supposed to follow company rules; he already knew that he risked losing his job, yet he took a chance anyway. Besides, he got away with his life and he wasn't arrested; as far as I'm concerned, his life is more important than the job.

    Finally, just because I refuse to support a boycott of Pizza Hut, that does not make me an Obama supporter. My rights weren't violated; furthermore, I enjoy their pizza. So yes, as long as my rights aren't jeopardized, I will continue to patronize Pizza Hut.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    it's Unfortunate That The Deliveryman Was Fired, Especially Since He Could Have Been Killed Had He Not Violated The Company's Policy. However, I'm Not Voting In This Poll Because As Much As I Dislike What Pizza Hut Did, I Still Enjoy Their Pizza And Will Continue Eating Their Pizzas.

    If Others Want To Boycott Pizza Hut, Let Them, But I Won't, Especially Since Technically, This Was A Company Policy That Presumably, The Employee Was Aware Of Prior To The Incident, So It's Not As If It Was Sprung On Him Surprisingly.

    Secondly, Yes, His 2a Rights Were Violated, But While On Company Time, He Is Supposed To Follow Company Rules; He Already Knew That He Risked Losing His Job, Yet He Took A Chance Anyway. Besides, He Got Away With His Life And He Wasn't Arrested; As Far As I'm Concerned, His Life Is More Important Than The Job.

    Finally, Just Because I Refuse To Support A Boycott Of Pizza Hut, That Does Not Make Me An Obama Supporter. My Rights Weren't Violated; Furthermore, I Enjoy Their Pizza. So Yes, As Long As My Rights Aren't Jeopardized, I Will Continue To Patronize Pizza Hut.
    If You Don't Oppose The Antis You Are Supporting Them; This Is The Attitude That Got Us All The Jacked Up Gun Legislation To Begin With...

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do these corporations and some individuals responding to this thread not understand?

    You can not read any thing else into it...

    The Unabridged Second Amendment

    NRA-ILA ::

    Gun Owners of America

    If you fail to oppose any and all anti-gun measures, bans, etc., public and private, government, city, state or other municipality, you are supporting them and you may as well register to vote democrat and openly support Barack Hussein Obama, Billary Clinton, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, Chuck Schumer, Michael Bloomberg, et. al., instead of closet support by your non-action(s); as you clearly fail to comprehend your fundamental, inalienable, god given right to defend yourself, your family, friends, neighbors, peers etc., by any means necessary, anywhere, anytime, any place; reaffirmed by the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States.

    If we do nothing, we can only say we did nothing... George Washington
    What you don't understand is that no individual's Constitutional rights trump a private company's or private property owner's property rights. If someone wants me to leave their property for using profanity, they have every right to make me do so and have me arrested for trespassing if I refuse. The same goes for someone working for an employer who does not want employees carrying guns while on company time. Just like the company has the right to regulate that, people have the right to choose not to work there because of it. An individual's constitutional rights end where a property owner's rights begin. For you to say that respecting a private property owner's right to keep guns off their property makes me no better than the Democrats you made reference to shows just how little understanding and respect you have for the rights of property owners to administer their property however they see fit.

  5. #24

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    What you don't understand is that no individual's Constitutional rights trump a private company's or private property owner's property rights. If someone wants me to leave their property for using profanity, they have every right to make me do so and have me arrested for trespassing if I refuse. The same goes for someone working for an employer who does not want employees carrying guns while on company time. Just like the company has the right to regulate that, people have the right to choose not to work there because of it. An individual's constitutional rights end where a property owner's rights begin. For you to say that respecting a private property owner's right to keep guns off their property makes me no better than the Democrats you made reference to shows just how little understanding and respect you have for the rights of property owners to administer their property however they see fit.
    WHAT PART OF "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

    Just because it has not been challenged does not make it legal...

    The right to defend yourself is inherent, you are born with it...
    It is reaffirmed by the Second Amendment, AS INALIENABLE...

    The Unabridged Second Amendment

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    WHAT PART OF "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

    Just because it has not been challenged does not make it legal...

    The right to defend yourself is inherent, you are born with it...
    It is reaffirmed by the Second Amendment, AS INALIENABLE...

    The Unabridged Second Amendment
    Unabridged 2A does not and cannot trump unabridged private property rights.

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Unabridged 2A does not and cannot trump unabridged private property rights.
    NO PUBLIC/PRIVATE COMPANY/AGENCY ETC., CAN DEPRIVE AN INDIVIDUAL OF THEIR INALIENABLE RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES...

    A well-regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    BY NOBODY, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...

    Yes, if you are on an individual or companies private private property, and you are legally carrying and they happen to notice and they ask you not to and you refuse, the only recourse they have is to ask you to leave, if you don't you can be arrested for trespassing; but not for carrying on their property EVEN IF THEY HAVE IT POSTED, IT IS UNENFORCEABLE BY LAW...
    Further, the pizza hut driver was a 10 year + manager level employee and was not notified of the changes to corporate company policy until after he violated it and was terminated despite the circumstances of not being in a company vehicle, not being on company property and not being aware of the egregious policy he violated...

    In spite of all of that I hold that no body can legally prevent you from defending your life by any means necessary, any place, any time; THE DEFENSE OF YOUR LIFE TRUMPS ANY BODY'S PROPERTY RIGHTS, ANY MISGUIDED LAWS, CORPORATE POLICES REAL OR IMAGINED...

    BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA LOST ON THIS ONE IN THE ILLINOIS SENATE AS A STATE LEGISLATOR ...

    To not openly denounce Pizza Hut for this, is offensive to all that hold the Second Amendment dear...

    And it equates to supporting the Anti's...

    They only do what we let them do...

    If we do nothing, we can only say we did nothing...

    The Unabridged Second Amendment

    NRA-ILA ::

    Barack Obama -- GOA 2008 Presidential Candidates and the Second Amendment
    Last edited by Bohemian; 07-02-2008 at 11:40 PM.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    NO PUBLIC/PRIVATE COMPANY/AGENCY ETC., CAN DEPRIVE AN INDIVIDUAL OF THEIR INALIENABLE RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES...

    A well-regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    BY NOBODY, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...

    Yes, if you are on an individual or companies private private property, and you are legally carrying and they happen to notice and they ask you not to and you refuse, the only recourse they have is to ask you to leave, if you don't you can be arrested for trespassing; but not for carrying on their property EVEN IF THEY HAVE IT POSTED, IT IS UNENFORCEABLE BY LAW...
    Further, the pizza hut driver was a 10 year + manager level employee and was not notified of the changes to corporate company policy until after he violated it and was terminated despite the circumstances of not being in a company vehicle, not being on company property and not being aware of the egregious policy he violated...

    In spite of all of that I hold that no body can legally prevent you from defending your life by any means necessary, any place, any time; THE DEFENSE OF YOUR LIFE TRUMPS ANY BODY'S PROPERTY RIGHTS, ANY MISGUIDED LAWS, CORPORATE POLICES REAL OR IMAGINED...

    BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA LOST ON THIS ONE IN THE ILLINOIS SENATE AS A STATE LEGISLATOR ...

    To not openly denounce Pizza Hut for this, is offensive to all that hold the Second Amendment dear...

    And it equates to supporting the Anti's...

    They only do what we let them do...

    If we do nothing, we can only say we did nothing...

    The Unabridged Second Amendment

    NRA-ILA ::

    Barack Obama -- GOA 2008 Presidential Candidates and the Second Amendment
    Again, you're wrong. If I, a property owner, don't want people with guns on MY property, which I'm paying taxes on, then that is MY choice, just like you can choose not to come onto my property because of it.

    Yes, you're right that carrying guns or doing anything on MY property that I don't approve of, as long as the behavior itself isn't against the law, is not something you can get arrested for (unless you're trespassing, which is not a gun law violation), which I never wrote to begin with. As for your assertion that no one, including a property owner, can prevent you from having the tools of self defense at your disposal, yes he can, if it's on HIS property.

    Finally, if you, I, or anyone else is on private property where the RKBA is not respected, we also have the right to request that our safety be provided for while on that property. If that safety is in any way compromised, we have the right to sue that property owner.

    Basically what I'm saying is, if we want private companies and private property owners to respect our RKBA, we should not pass laws requiring them to allow guns per se. What I"m saying is, if they choose not to allow anyone to carry, they should be liable for any injuries to our persons that occur while on their property that could have been prevented had the person been carrying. I can guarantee that if this is the approach we take, all anti gun signs and anti gun policies will go away; no property owner wants to be held liable for any injuries people sustain on their property that could have been prevented had they been carrying.

    This is the only way I can think of that everyone's rights are respected. Can you think of something better?

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Again, you're wrong. If I, a property owner, don't want people with guns on MY property, which I'm paying taxes on, then that is MY choice, just like you can choose not to come onto my property because of it. ...
    There are already laws on the books, that provide for liability, for example if you are at a shopping mall and you get robbed in the parking lot of their property, and you are injured during the course of the robbery; they are liable for failing to provide sufficient security. This does not apply to theft, only personal injury...

    YOU STILL CAN'T READ...
    And obviously have not read anything I said other then a few words...
    Just because it is your property does not mean I do not have the absolute right to defend myself, my life by any means necessary...

    Even if I am breaking any superfluous request of yours and even if I am carrying an illegal gun or breaking the law in doing so...

    The defense of your life TRUMPS ALL...

    This has been held numerous times in the last year alone by the Illinois Supreme Court (against the opposition of Barack Obama) and others...

    This is a inherent right you are born with, nobody can take it away from you; it is reaffirmed by the Second Amendment as an INALIENABLE RIGHT...

    "A well-regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

    WHAT PART OF "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" DO YOU STILL NOT COMPREHEND?

    The Unabridged Second Amendment

    NRA-ILA ::

    Gun Owners of America

    Second Amendment Foundation Online

    pizza parlor worker kills would-be robber
    http://www.claytoncramer.com/gundefe...1_archive.html

    Pizza Delivery Man Kidnapped & Murdered
    http://wbztv.com/local/Colin.Lind.Pizza.2.608191.html

    Arrest in pizza delivery driver's death ruled proper
    http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=206989

    Three indicted in pizza shop killing
    http://www.chroniclet.com/2007/07/27...-shop-killing/

    Man gets life term in pizza driver's murder
    http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200..._OH-Pizza.html

    Reward Upped In Pizza Deliveryman's Murder
    http://kdka.com/local/Vocellis.murde....2.631179.html

    Pizza delivery is considered a hazardous job by the US government. They are third most likely to be murdered on the job, right after police officer and taxi driver...

    BOYCOTT PIZZA HUT!
    Last edited by Bohemian; 07-03-2008 at 08:10 AM.

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    WHAT PART OF "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" DO YOU STILL NOT COMPREHEND?


    BOYCOTT PIZZA HUT!
    I comprehend it perfectly. However, what part of Private property rights do you not comprehend? If I say that guns aren't allowed on my property, then they're not allowed, PERIOD! Furthermore, nothing is forcing you to be there. If you don't like my rules, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! It's as simple as that.

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I comprehend it perfectly. However, what part of Private property rights do you not comprehend? If I say that guns aren't allowed on my property, then they're not allowed, PERIOD! Furthermore, nothing is forcing you to be there. If you don't like my rules, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! It's as simple as that.
    I do not understand why you keep trying to change the topic/focus of this thread...

    THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PROPERTY RIGHTS OR THE PROPERTY RIGHTS OF PIZZA HUT OR ANYBODY ELSE'S FOR THAT MATTER, IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH BEING ABLE TO DEPRIVE SOMEBODY OF LIFE OR LIBERTY OR NOT...
    WHICH NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO DO, GUARANTEED BY THE CONSTITUTION, ENFORCED BY YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS...

    Without the second amendment, all others have no meaning and are unenforceable...

    A unknown, unlawful, unenforceable policy that puts someones employees lives, liberty in danger, is egregious, firing someone for defending their life regardless of whether or not they knew about the superfluous, unlawful corporate policy is UNFORGIVABLE; and is why in my view pizza hut should be boycotted nationwide until they, apologize and make amends; to their corporate policy that puts their employees life and liberty and risk...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast