CCW Holder Fired By Pizza Hut - Page 4

View Poll Results: Boycott Pizza Hut Nationwide

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Boycott Pizza Hut Till They Make A Televised, Printed, Apology And Retraction

    41 63.08%
  • Pizza Hut infringed upon its employees 2A Rights, Iowa's Right To Carry, by its policy & actions

    33 50.77%
  • No, I am With The Democrats & Obama Do Not Boycott Pizza Hut, They Were Well Within Their Rights

    5 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 101

Thread: CCW Holder Fired By Pizza Hut

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I do not understand why you keep trying to change the topic/focus of this thread...

    THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PROPERTY RIGHTS OR THE PROPERTY RIGHTS OF PIZZA HUT OR ANYBODY ELSE'S FOR THAT MATTER, IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH BEING ABLE TO DEPRIVE SOMEBODY OF LIFE OR LIBERTY OR NOT...
    WHICH NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO DO, GUARANTEED BY THE CONSTITUTION, ENFORCED BY YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS...

    Without the second amendment, all others have no meaning and are unenforceable...

    A unknown, unlawful, unenforceable policy that puts someones employees lives, liberty in danger, is egregious, firing someone for defending their life regardless of whether or not they knew about the superfluous, unlawful corporate policy is UNFORGIVABLE; and is why in my view pizza hut should be boycotted nationwide until they, apologize and make amends; to their corporate policy that puts their employees life and liberty and risk...
    This has everything to do with property rights (in this case, company policy is the same thing). My take on the whole thing is that if you're aware of the policy beforehand, as they deliveryman clearly was, and you choose to violate it anyway, which he did, don't be surprised of the consequences.

    Furthermore, do not get constitutional rights and self-preservation rights confused with job security. One's rights do not and are not supposed to guarantee job security. Show me where the Constitution or the law of self preservation requires job security and I'll concede defeat. In this case, the right to self preservation did not run the guy afoul of the law; he was not arrested and was not charged by the government for any wrongdoing. However, you cannot force the company not to keep someone who was in violation of a company policy that he was aware of beforehand. Furthermore, if you don't like a company's policy on carrying weapons while on the job, nothing is forcing you to stay there. You can alway choose to work somewhere else.
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 07-03-2008 at 01:21 PM.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    This has everything to do with property rights (in this case, company policy is the same thing). My take on the whole thing is that if you're aware of the policy beforehand, as they deliveryman clearly was, and you choose to violate it anyway, which he did, don't be surprised of the consequences.

    Furthermore, do not get constitutional rights and self-preservation rights confused with job security. One's rights do not and are not supposed to guarantee job security. In this case, the right to self preservation did not run the guy afoul of the law; he was not arrested and was not charged by the government for any wrongdoing. However, you cannot force the company not to fire someone who was in violation of a company policy.
    You continue to stray from the topic of this thread...

    He was not aware of the company policy beforehand...

    Property Rights and Company Policy are two distinct entities...

    AS IS THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"
    AND Pizza Hut Fired somebody for violating a corporate policy that they had no knowledge of in advance, and even if they did it was in defense of their right to self-preservation, their own life...

    No body can be deprived of their life, liberty, etc., without DUE PROCESS OF LAW...

    I hold that defending your life is not a justifiable reason for termination...
    Therefore, in my view Pizza Hut should be boycotted because of it...

    Moreover, that it is unlawful to institute a corporate policy that can willfully deprive someone of their life, liberty...

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    You continue to stray from the topic of this thread...

    He was not aware of the company policy beforehand...

    Property Rights and Company Policy are two distinct entities...

    AS IS THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"
    AND Pizza Hut Fired somebody for violating a corporate policy that they had no knowledge of in advance, and even if they did it was in defense of their right to self-preservation, their own life...

    No body can be deprived of their life, liberty, etc., without DUE PROCESS OF LAW...

    I hold that defending your life is not a justifiable reason for termination...
    Therefore, in my view Pizza Hut should be boycotted because of it...

    Moreover, that it is unlawful to institute a corporate policy that can willfully deprive someone of their life, liberty...
    I am not straying from the topic. Private businesses have the right to run their businesses any way they see fit, and that includes not allowing the carrying of firearms while the employees are on company time. Employees are just as free to choose not to work there if they do not like the policy. However, it is foolish to think that just because self-preservation is an inalienable right, that this argument is going to guarantee you job security, because it will not.

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I am not straying from the topic. Private businesses have the right to run their businesses any way they see fit, and that includes not allowing the carrying of firearms while the employees are on company time. Employees are just as free to choose not to work there if they do not like the policy. However, it is foolish to think that just because self-preservation is an inalienable right, that this argument is going to guarantee you job security, because it will not.
    I agree to this in part; but this guy had no knowledge of the corporate policy in advance, and even if he did it is absolutely egregious; that they would enforce the policy under the circumstances of defending ones life...

    Therefore, I hold that Pizza Hut should be boycotted nationally for their willful intent to deprive their employees from life, liberty, etc...

    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”

    AND Pizza Hut is being sued over this, in a wrongful termination suit and violation of the second amendment and other constitutional rights...
    Last edited by Bohemian; 07-03-2008 at 02:08 PM.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I agree to this in part; but this guy had no knowledge of the corporate policy in advance, and even if he did it is absolutely egregious; that they would enforce the policy under the circumstances of defending ones life...

    Therefore, I hold that Pizza Hut should be boycotted nationally for their willful intent to deprive their employees from life, liberty, etc...

    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”

    AND Pizza Hut is being sued over this, in a wrongful termination suit and violation of the second amendment and other constitutional rights...
    The following quote cannot be found in the Constitution, but is equally as sacred.

    Business owners' right to run their businesses as they see fit shall not be infringed. Furthermore, nobody's right to keep and bear arms shall entitle them to job security. Period.

    Business owners' right to run their businesses as they see fit shall not be infringed. Furthermore, nobody's right to keep and bear arms shall entitle them to job security. Period.

    Business owners' right to run their businesses as they see fit shall not be infringed. Furthermore, nobody's right to keep and bear arms shall entitle them to job security. Period.

    Business owners' right to run their businesses as they see fit shall not be infringed. Furthermore, nobody's right to keep and bear arms shall entitle them to job security. Period.

    Business owners' right to run their businesses as they see fit shall not be infringed. Furthermore, nobody's right to keep and bear arms shall entitle them to job security. Period.

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    The following quote cannot be found in the Constitution, but is equally as sacred.

    Business owners' right to run their businesses as they see fit shall not be infringed. Furthermore, nobody's right to keep and bear arms shall entitle them to job security. Period.

    Business owners' right to run their businesses as they see fit shall not be infringed. Furthermore, nobody's right to keep and bear arms shall entitle them to job security. Period.

    Business owners' right to run their businesses as they see fit shall not be infringed. Furthermore, nobody's right to keep and bear arms shall entitle them to job security. Period.

    Business owners' right to run their businesses as they see fit shall not be infringed. Furthermore, nobody's right to keep and bear arms shall entitle them to job security. Period.

    Business owners' right to run their businesses as they see fit shall not be infringed. Furthermore, nobody's right to keep and bear arms shall entitle them to job security. Period.
    ONCE AGAIN THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GUARANTEE OF EMPLOYMENT...

    This is about the guarantee of inalienable rights...

    I agree that businesses in corporate America such as pizza hut are allowed to make their own company policies as they see fit…

    EXCEPT:
    When it comes to depriving an individual of their fundamental, inherent, inalienable rights they are born with and guaranteed by the Bill of Rights and Constitution of the United States of America, such as the right to life, liberty and the right to keep and bear arms…
    To name a few…
    When they do so they are violating said rights and are subject to punishment under the law…

    The problem is too many Obama lovers; fail to comprehend this fact…
    And other whiners are either afraid to do or say something about it or they fail to do or say anything about in an actionable way that will bring about the right kind of change…

    Now that the Parker-Heller decision has been made and the SCOTUS has clearly spelled out that the Second Amendment can come under no stricter scrutiny then that it is a basic right; the militia provision is irrelevant and that you can not read anything else into “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”… it is only a matter of time before the Obama loving, Brady Campaign loving, corporate America, states, cities and other municipalities are handed down the directive to cease and desist the deprivation of inalienable rights; without DUE PROCESS OF LAW.

    Until then I support the boycotting of Pizza Hut and other Obama and Brady Campaign lovers, until they stop infringing upon inalienable rights...

    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”

    NRA-ILA ::
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation Online

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NW New Mexico
    Posts
    148
    As previously posted, (my understanding) this person fired was a contractor (delivery via his personal vehicle - not a company vehicle), and he had every right to have a defensive weapon on himself or in his car - private vehicle, after all! He did not present/use his weapon at Pizza Hut, but out on his delivery circuit. There is no way that he should be fired for defending his life AWAY FROM PIZZA HUT! On their property, in their premises, I can see that they could press for dismissal, even though that too would be problematic, in my view. His life trumps any rule, not law, of employment - always! Too many statements posted in conflict with what the story is or may be, I wasn't there, and I do not trust "reporting" - too often slanted or distorted or omissions of fact.
    sailor

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    ONCE AGAIN THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GUARANTEE OF EMPLOYMENT...

    This is about the guarantee of inalienable rights...

    I agree that businesses in corporate America such as pizza hut are allowed to make their own company policies as they see fit…

    EXCEPT:
    When it comes to depriving an individual of their fundamental, inherent, inalienable rights they are born with and guaranteed by the Bill of Rights and Constitution of the United States of America, such as the right to life, liberty and the right to keep and bear arms…
    To name a few…
    When they do so they are violating said rights and are subject to punishment under the law…

    The problem is too many Obama lovers; fail to comprehend this fact…
    And other whiners are either afraid to do or say something about it or they fail to do or say anything about in an actionable way that will bring about the right kind of change…

    Now that the Parker-Heller decision has been made and the SCOTUS has clearly spelled out that the Second Amendment can come under no stricter scrutiny then that it is a basic right; the militia provision is irrelevant and that you can not read anything else into “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”… it is only a matter of time before the Obama loving, Brady Campaign loving, corporate America, states, cities and other municipalities are handed down the directive to cease and desist the deprivation of inalienable rights; without DUE PROCESS OF LAW.

    Until then I support the boycotting of Pizza Hut and other Obama and Brady Campaign lovers, until they stop infringing upon inalienable rights...

    The right to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”

    NRA-ILA ::
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation Online
    That's where you are wrong. Once again, yes companies have the right to run their business as they see fit, and anyone who feels they are being denied their inalienable rights by working there is free to seek employment elsewhere. Just like everyone has the inalienable right to keep and bear arms, so too do property owners to deny anyone from exercising that right on their property on company time. Again, anyone who doesn't like the policy is not being forced to stay their against their will. Sheesh, let the free market prevail; the company is free to deny entrance or employment to anyone who violates their policy and prospective employees are free to accept that or go somewhere else.

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    That's where you are wrong. Once again, yes companies have the right to run their business as they see fit, and anyone who feels they are being denied their inalienable rights by working there is free to seek employment elsewhere. Just like everyone has the inalienable right to keep and bear arms, so too do property owners to deny anyone from exercising that right on their property on company time. Again, anyone who doesn't like the policy is not being forced to stay their against their will. Sheesh, let the free market prevail; the company is free to deny entrance or employment to anyone who violates their policy and prospective employees are free to accept that or go somewhere else.
    I AM NOT WRONG; YOU ARE... Read the fricking post(s) and then if you disagree show me chapter and verse where the Bill of Rights and or Constitution gives anybody the right to infringe upon any individuals inalienable rights...

    Just because they have been getting away with it until now does not make it right or legal...
    And the NRA, GOA, And SAF are on their way to putting the kibosh on that...

    It does not say "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" Except...

    It does not say no one may be deprived of their life, liberty, inalienable rights etc.... without due process of law... Except...

  11. #40
    Wish this guy lived here:

    I would hire him RIGHT NOW, without any question, and he can carry while at work. I'm so lucky that I am allowed to carry at work! I bet I can offer the gentleman a raise as well!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast