CCW Holder Fired By Pizza Hut - Page 9

View Poll Results: Boycott Pizza Hut Nationwide

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Boycott Pizza Hut Till They Make A Televised, Printed, Apology And Retraction

41 63.08%
  • Pizza Hut infringed upon its employees 2A Rights, Iowa's Right To Carry, by its policy & actions

33 50.77%
  • No, I am With The Democrats & Obama Do Not Boycott Pizza Hut, They Were Well Within Their Rights

5 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: CCW Holder Fired By Pizza Hut

I must say I agree with Tattedupboy. If the man was in his car, PH should have no say what he can/can not keep in his car. If businesses across the country start having the power to dictate what can or can not be in a personís car, whatís to say it stops there? I don't like the way this seems, makes me feel like "freedom" isn't sp free anymore. Sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I don't think it matters, he was still on the the Huts clock and thus still must follow their policy.
    He didn't follow the policy, therefore "must" was obviously not the case. We all must breathe to live; no one must follow corporate policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I'm not saying I agree with them, but as a private business owner, they can set any rules they want.
    They can set any policy, and employees can choose to follow or to ignore stupid and unrealistic policies. What if the employer had a policy that each employee must sacrifice his first born son or daughter to the manager? If someone thinks that the no-self-defense policy must be followed and also thinks that the sacrifice-first-born policy must not be followed, I suggest he study logic.

The fact that the driver was not killed indicates to me he made the correct choice, even though some (including Pizza Hut management) think he should have followed the policy and been killed like a loyal employee.

4. I agree the driver made the correct choice. I with ya. I just believe PH has the right to set a no carry policy. I think it is wrong, and individuals have the right to pass on this job.

We have a policy at work that the sales staff can not have anything 'objectionable' on their personal car. They must be neat and in good shape. They don't want sales lost because you have a NRA / Pro Choice / Pro Life / Pro Gay / Anti Gay sticker on your car. Yes it is the employees personal car, yes it rubs people the wrong way, but its my companies choice as its the employees choice to not take the job.

5. Really the only thing about this hole post is PH said the person has no right to self defense. That is against the law.

In my opinion, the two are totally unrelated. Having stickers on your car (okay understandable, doesn't make salesmen look good) and having something hidden IN your car are two different things. I do not think Pizza hut has the right to say "no guns in YOUR car". They may have the right to say "no obscene stickers on your car it makes us look bad when you deliver". In my eyes, the two are unrelated. If they said "you canít listen to a certain type of music in your car" is that any different? You guys will probably disagree with me, which is fine, this is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    In my opinion, the two are totally unrelated. Having stickers on your car (okay understandable, doesn't make salesmen look good) and having something hidden IN your car are two different things. I do not think Pizza hut has the right to say "no guns in YOUR car". They may have the right to say "no obscene stickers on your car it makes us look bad when you deliver". In my eyes, the two are unrelated. If they said "you canít listen to a certain type of music in your car" is that any different? You guys will probably disagree with me, which is fine, this is my opinion.
    BINGO! That's the point I've been trying to make all along. Pizza Hut should only be able to tell him not to carry if the car he's using belongs to them. In his car, they don't have that right. Period.

8. PH can prevent employees from having guns on their property. I would assume he is driving his own car to PH property to get the pizzas. Happens all over. Need an example? General Motors now prohibits any firearms from being on the property. That includes the parking lot. Dear season here in Michigan is a big deal. Workers used to routinely check out each others guns the day before we head up north for a hunt. Nope no longer allowed.

That very well may be the case. In my opinion, having guns in YOUR car is not in violation of that. My reasoning is the gun is in YOUR car which is YOUR property. Now if I was to take my gun out of MY property (for instance standing outside my car showing an employee), then that would be on THEIR property. I do not think this employee did anything wrong. Since his car was where the gun was kept, which was not a company car, PH should stay completely out of it. It’s not like he was carrying in the restaurant. The bottom line is if this person followed PH's rules and regulations he would be a corpse. PH should of cut him some slack, he was almost killed, which I think the after shock of that is enough punishment in itself (which their shouldn’t be any punishment anyway because he didn't do anything wrong). As I have stated before, what is in YOUR car is YOUR'S and as long as it is not anything ILLEGAL, you have the right to keep it there. I have a stack of cd's in my glove compartment, its might right to keep them there, and no one can tell me not to. In my eyes, the same would go if I had a gun in there, who has the right to tell me no by the 2A as long as I am not in violation of any law?

Its my right to keep them there*, sorry its early and I havn't had any coffee yet.

While we're in the midst of debating whether or not Pizza Hut was right to fire him for keeping a gun in HIS car, we have yet to determine whether it was HIS car he was driving. Does anyone have that information?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast