President Barack Obama - A Gun Owner's Worst Nightmare
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: President Barack Obama - A Gun Owner's Worst Nightmare

President Barack Obama - A Gun Owner's Worst Nightmare

by Dean Rieck

If you're not thrilled with the idea of having John McCain as the next President of the United States, you're not alone. He's angered gun owners for years with nonsensical anti-gun votes and support for so-called "campaign finance reform," which has done little except limit free speech and curtail grassroots political activism.

But would you prefer President Barack Obama? Obama is without doubt the single most anti-gun candidate to ever seek the office of President. By word and deed, he has consistently, without exception, worked to trash the Second Amendment and do away with guns and gun rights altogether.

I know you might not like either of these candidates. But politics is about dealing with reality. And the reality is this: The next President of the United States will be McCain or Obama.

Does that irritate you? It irritates me. But that's the way it is.

Buckeye Firearms Association has presented plenty of information about John McCain and his less than perfect record on gun rights. He has called for GOP "tolerance" for closing so-called gun show loopholes, supported bans on "cheap guns" and certain assault weapons, and sought to restrict gun access for youths.

But he's not a hopeless case. He voted against holding gun manufacturers liable for gun crimes, voted against the Brady Bill, voted against background checks at gun shows, and opposed D.C.'s gun ban.

Whatever you think of John McCain, he's not a gun owner's worst nightmare. Barack Obama is.

In his short political career, Obama has worked overtime to crush gun owner rights. Would-be President Obama ...

Endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership in Illinois.
    Supports gun bans in any city that wants one, including Chicago and Washington, D.C.
    Wants to totally eliminate the right of concealed carry nationwide.
    Voted to make it possible to prosecute innocent citizens who use firearms in self-defense.
    Voted to allow predatory lawsuits intended to bankrupt the firearms industry.
    Wants to bring back the failed Clinton assault weapons ban, discredited even by Clinton's own supporters.
    Voted to ban virtually every type of rifle ammunition used for hunting and sport.
    Supports gun registration for law-abiding gun owners.
    Refused to sign a friend-of-the-court brief affirming that the Second Amendment refers to an individual right.
    Served on the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the number one source of funds for anti-gun organizations.
    Supported a ban on gun stores within five miles of any school or park, which would practically eliminate every gun store in the country.
    Voted to prevent gun owners from knowing when the state of Illinois ran record searches on them.
    Supports forcing gun manufacturers to embrace micro-stamping, a financially ruinous and technically absurd farce.
    Wants to create and enforce mandatory waiting periods, under the assumption that only angry people buy firearms.
    Supports the ludicrous one-gun-a-month rule on gun sales.
    Supports banning cheap handguns, which would affect black and poor Americans the most, constituencies he claims to champion.
    Supports banning police departments from reselling firearms, even if the money raised would help purchase new equipment.
    Supports mandatory firearms training for all gun owners regardless of the cost or consequences.
    Supports a ban on gun ownership for anyone under 21 years of age, which would help weaken the American hunting tradition.
    Add to this the fact that he would be in a position to nominate wildly liberal Supreme Court judges and negotiate with ravenously anti-gun activists seeking to ban gun ownership worldwide, and you begin to see the nightmarish direction America could take under an Obama presidency.

I won't tell you who to vote for. As an American, you must cast your own vote for your own reasons. Just remember that like it or not, no third party candidate has any chance at all of winning. Virtually all the votes will go for either McCain or Obama. Polls indicate this could be a close race. A handful of votes, including yours, may decide the outcome.

And as of the time I'm writing this, there is still a chance that Obama will choose Hillary Clinton as his running mate, putting Obama, Hillary, and Bill in the White House - a terrifying anti-gun hat trick.

Think about it long and hard. President John McCain or President Barack Obama? The decision is yours.
    President Barack Obama - A Gun Owner's Worst Nightmare | Buckeye Firearms Association
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't
    pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for,
    protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend
    our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it
    was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

"We The People"

"The Pro Gun Blog"

"president obama"... now that just makes me cringe!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Just when you think things can't get any worse along comes someone like this. What is really scary is to think how many people in this country would even consider voteing for him. What has happened to America? A nation or people that would vote for someone like him deserves what they get but the sad fact is the rest of us will suffer along with them.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

True HK4U--His platform is "Change", and many of us would like to see changes. However, many have not done the research to determine His thought's on "Change" The man "Does Not believe in Your Rights" provided by the 2nd, with that said--what other beliefs does he have ragarding the power of the Government related to the right's of The People? Big Government or "Government Of The People" For those who will vote for Him, solely on their desire for "Change"--I hope they understand that there is such a thing as "Change for the Worse" Hopefully these people can understand, that His stand on the 2nd is not solely about Guns, it is a stand against Freedom---a Freedom established by "Truly Great Men"---Our Founding Fathers!!!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't
    pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for,
    protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend
    our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it
    was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

"We The People"

"The Pro Gun Blog"

Change from a God fearing nation to a police state.

Exclamation He speaks of change

And that's all we'll have left after we are taxed to usery.

Change what? Change how? Change who?

I would rather deal with Mac! He has a plan. Yes change is needed but a plan is better as you can see the end result. A plan has clear goals and a clear path.
    A plan is engineered to give performance based results.

Plan on McCain
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by tracker View Post
    If you're not thrilled with the idea of having John McCain as the next President of the United States, you're not alone. He's angered gun owners for years with nonsensical anti-gun votes and support for so-called "campaign finance reform," which has done little except limit free speech and curtail grassroots political activism.
    I'm confident that McCain is now well aware of the concerns of gun owners so that he'll go the right way on 2A issues, or at worst, he may need to be educated (and we can do that). In any case, he's someone who can be reasoned with - a far cry from Obama, who will not sway from being an anti-gun Nazi.

As for campaign finance reform, what McCain has done doesn't restrict freedom of speech or grassroots efforts in any way. Anyone can still say what they want, when they want. What McCain-Feingold does is attempt to clean up some of the massive corruption that has taken root in the campaign finance system. "Campaign donations" are often just a convenient excuse for a massive cash grab by various political elements from large businesses. It's no wonder that those benefiting the most from such outlays would make a big deal out of limits being put on their cash cow.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Angry Obama - The Most Anti-Gun Candidate in History.

Fed-up with Obama bashing? Then do it anyway, B 4 he gets sworn in, and your guns sworn out of existence pretty soon thereafter. My good God almighty I'd bet Osama bin Laden even (tried to) register to vote for his protégé of Jihadist change who will make Amerika a land where a few thousand well equipped and organized cells of al-Q's could bring us down so badly, not by brute force but by disarming any armed citizen who may just spot say a sarin chem WMD from making it into a subway by your vigilance, or a van loaded with a dirty bomb (a few kilos of depleted U238 will do the trick with a 1/2 life, meaning only 1/2 as lethal after 4.5 billion years, with the earth only being a formed planet some 4 billion years ago, that's for ever folks!) from crashing into a soft target close to you, or released into the water systems of the U.S. When the BG's are taking classes on the wide open opportunities this presidential hopeful will make their lives SO much easier to make your assets theirs & your dead body bound for a coroner's exam, by preventing you from an unalienable right to self-defense, or doing more than just calling 911 to report Farsi/Arabic speaking [military trained in fluid action and with a way of behaving most civilians lack) acting muj in action openly toting AK's and swapping Alla-hu Akbar's & farewell hugs & kisses, VERY soon to be Islamo-fascist martyrs from obviously performing more than a liquor-store hold-up. Try a U.S. or state ending event going down right in front of your defenseless eyes while U R frenetically pushing 911 on your cell-phone as maybe 1 or 2 squad cars show up and are easily neutralized if they interrupt the op, or (more likely) these terrorists have left out 20 minutes after P & S gets there, al-Q suicide op now unimpeded, on time and tracking & the LEO's report you just filed gets written-up at shift change as they cruise away to catch some dangerous traffic speeders or J-walkers! When your wits and guns could have prevented it, or just held it up long enough that it never made it to the execution phase. Our own government has told us a million times to be vigilant about exactly acts like these as cardinal & classic (pre-incident) indicators of possible terrorist activities, but a cell-phone doesn't shoot 9mm HP's, however an armed citizen can and by law has a duty to try to prevent a crime from going down (in many states), not disregard it and by doing so facilitate it like many good disinterested sheeple tend to do. 'Not my problem!' Complicit by disassociation, yet the 1st to point the blame finger at someone for not doing a job maybe the millions of CCW trained U.S. citizens could have @ least done something about even if only 10% of those legally armed citizens got nosy not got lazy or blew it off. That's about 100 or 1,000 (depending on state) more armed citizens, many with cop/military training in their past with eyes on their neighbors and living, working or commuting areas for every 1 cop who has eyes on what? A speed trap or a domestic in progress radio call? I would think we would be one hell of an asset to deter another much worse version of 9/11, even if all we did was call 911 and fed info back to the dispatcher, safe and alive. No one is asking any sane person with 1 pistol to take on a squad of full-auto armed ruthless nut-jobs who want to die anyway and will probably dispatch you very fast if you start playing 00-stupid.
    Pulled from U-Tube, made by FOX © current and powerful. Watch it please. U make a choice, or in a few months that choice may be taken away from you along with any guns you own, and make future gun ownership a felony-rap per one nation under District of Columbia CCW road-blocks echoed many times in this audio-visual by the democratic nominee for the top job in my nation. Or if you want BG's and Cops as the only gun owners in these United States, cast for this very dark horse and his millions of deluded followers from all sections of the pie of American life.
    Fox documentary of the fickle Obama-no-gun-nation.
    YouTube - Obama - The Most Anti-Gun Candidate in History?
    6mins, 26 seconds. Not too long to take out of your life to watch and FWD this link to any legal gun owning M8 or patriot you may have who thinks they will have a 2nd by this time next year, or B in jail with real BG's for saying 'Over my dead body' very possibly the last words out of their mouths as a SWAT team sniper brings you or a M8 down for the longest count.
    Getting mildly upset and keeping my thoughts to share with you folks only and my close M8's who also think we would be better off asking Liz II to take the 'colonies' back & rule over them, yes I actually said that, than voting them away to total control from powerful Islamic forces who want us dead at the invite to power by stupid sheeple who are believing this maniac. Utter disgust overwhelms me with every trip around this town driving by nice manicured lawns with Barack Hussein Obama's smiling face looking back at me on placards/signs from nice $1/2 million homes in middle-class neighborhoods with 2 nice autos parked up front, which will be the very 1st targets of armed BG's and their clueless, brainwashed [disarmed] owners who stuck that sign on their lawn to show their utter gullibility I guess wondering if they can take that vote they cast back. If you are one, PLEASE put me on your 'Ignore List' as fast as possible, as we don't have much in common, nor will you like reading my LONG posts, saves you the bother of trying to change my mind & keeps the peace on USA Carry.
    I try my very hardest to avoid inflammatory web-sites that clearly distort factual truth and falsify or try to opinionate the reader with lies or gossipy slurs. If you want to find some vital clues into Barack H. Obama, this anti-Obama site is full of them, makes for a long read, but I do believe it exposes a lot more about this man than he would like you to know about before November, 4 short months away.
    Don't Vote for Obama, The Most Complete Anti Obama website
    My regards and please try to watch that short report link.

Canis-Lupus

Unfortunately, today's political climate favors the Democrats, and gun owners stand to lose big as a result. God help us if Americans don't wake up and realize just what all an Obama presidency would entail for them. If you're a poor, minority, gay/lesbian/transgender, midget, pro-abortion, tree-hugging tax raiser, then you'll be just delighted with him. However, if you live outside of San Francisco (sorry, couldn't help myself), you'll detest his platform of tax increases, appeasement-style foreign policy, and anti-2A sentiment. He definitely will not be getting my vote this November.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Unfortunately, today's political climate favors the Democrats, and gun owners stand to lose big as a result. God help us if Americans don't wake up and realize just what all an Obama presidency would entail for them. If you're a poor, minority, gay/lesbian/transgender, midget, pro-abortion, tree-hugging tax raiser, then you'll be just delighted with him. However, if you live outside of San Francisco (sorry, couldn't help myself), you'll detest his platform of tax increases, appeasement-style foreign policy, and anti-2A sentiment. He definitely will not be getting my vote this November.
    +1. I am not thrilled with Mccain and we my not like what we get from him but I am sure we will not like where an Obama presidency leads us.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast