Supreme Court set to announce decision for DC v Heller - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supreme Court set to announce decision for DC v Heller

1. The court has ruled in a 5 to 4 decision in favor of Heller. The D.C. gun law is considered unconstitutional, but I have not seen the details of the decision yet
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

3. Color me surprised.......

With the trend of the SCOTUS, I am shocked.

Somewhere, Marion Barry is no doubt sporting a confused and bewildered look on his face....along with some white powder, no doubt!

Cool!

New

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Kennedy is the only justice whose vote I am not able to predict. As for the others, Scalia, Thomas, Roberts, and Alito will vote to overturn the ban and Stevens, Breyer, Souter, and Bader-Ginsberg will vote to uphold it. If only I could read the mind of Kennedy... Oh well. Hope all goes well.
    Damn, I'm good! I really did call that one, now didn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Damn, I'm good! I really did call that one, now didn't I?
    I think Archer was closer......

2) On the very issue of the gun ban itself, we will lose. The justices will rule that while the right to bear arms loosely applies to individuals that reasonable restrictions are appropriate. I believe they will point to the truly reasonable restriction (IMHO) of a background check for criminal and/or mental histories. They will deliver an opinion that does nothing but set the stage for more rulings on similar cases in the future. I think they will believe that the long term law that results from a body of 2nd ammendment cases in front of the SCOTUS will make up the law.

Sorry, I look for no clear declaration of our 2nd ammendment rights applying to individuals (not enough to put it to bed anyhow) and almost no decision at all on this case.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I totally got the spread wrong. Mea culpa.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    I think Archer was closer......
    Actually, I was just referring to my prediction on how each of the justices would vote, in which case I was spot-on, sans Kennedy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12