Chicago Tribune: Repeal the 2nd Amendment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Tribune: Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Repeal the 2nd Amendment

No, we donít suppose thatís going to happen any time soon. But it should.

The 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is evidence that, while the founding fathers were brilliant men, they could have used an editor.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

If the founders had limited themselves to the final 14 words, the amendment would have been an unambiguous declaration of the right to possess firearms. But they didnít and it isnít. The amendment was intended to protect the authority of the states to organize militias. The inartful wording has left the amendment open to public debate for more than 200 years. But in its last major decision on gun rights, in 1939, the U.S. Supreme Court unanimously found that that was the correct interpretation.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't
    pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for,
    protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend
    our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it
    was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

"We The People"

"The Pro Gun Blog"

It is possible to repeal the second amendment but I am willing to bet the farm that it doesn't happen in my lifetime. It may be nullified by court decisions or laws but will not be repealed.

This is merely a desperate attempt to justify their pitiful and unconstitutional Gun Ban. What better way to get rid of the proof of your failure than to eliminate the facts----Hell---I was so upset with their STUPIDITY that while posting this on my Blog, I wiped out my 3 previos posts----Now that Chaps My Hide!!!!!!!!!!!

"We The People"

"The Pro Gun Blog"

They are nothing but a bunch of left wing communist morons. They should take their stinking opinions and move to Red China where they would be more at home.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    They are nothing but a bunch of left wing communist morons. They should take their stinking opinions and move to Red China where they would be more at home.
    Now---Tell us how you really feel----HaHaHa---I had to say that " Lord I Apologize"

"We The People"

"The Pro Gun Blog"

Exclamation You forgot a few words

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Hopeless, clueless, spineless, brainless, Quiche eating, birkenstock wearing, tree hugging, self righteous do-gooders whose liives are so screwed up the insist on wrecking ours so they won't feel so bad...
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

HAHAHA....I'd like to park a giant billboard truck outside of their office, taunting them.

Read it and weep...2A lives on! :-D
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Hopeless, clueless, spineless, brainless, Quiche eating, birkenstock wearing, tree hugging, self righteous do-gooders whose liives are so screwed up the insist on wrecking ours so they won't feel so bad...
    festus---I am shocked---Not at your wording ( Knowing that your such an easy going guy), but at the duration of time it took for you to jump on this post!!!---( Tracker leaps behind couch, covers with blanket, and awaits Incoming Mortar Rounds)

"We The People"

"The Pro Gun Blog"

Talking I had to

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post

[/I]stop before I got angry but those might have been my next words.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Talking hk,

the tree hugging bit reminds me of a certain person we used to work with..... time to absorb energy ! ;]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast