BATFE Targets CCW Holders - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BATFE Targets CCW Holders

I thought the legislature wanted to raise the fees and the Governor threatened to veto it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I thought the legislature wanted to raise the fees and the Governor threatened to veto it.

NOPE: read the earlier threads...

NHPA and NSA wanted to jack up the rates through the roof, legislature said nope, unjustified...

Again this stems from the BATFE running unchecked making their own rules and saying our CCW law is deficient because of two words in the law...

the NHPA and NSA saw the opportunity to get some PORK out of a deal with the legislature...

Nye County Sherrif De Meo has responded favorably to my email. He stated that he supports the NICS exemption and will support the call for another audit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    NOPE: (Not legislatures fault)

Nevada Highway Patrol and Nevada Sheriffs Associations AND THE BATFE...

NHPA & NSA arranged the deal with the BATFE so they could jack up the permit renewals and new renewals... The legislature would not go for raising the permits $100.00's of dollars...
    Exactly and a fee increase will not work or ever pass because AZ, ID and UT all have NICS exemptions and are considerably less than the NV CFP. As long as three bordering States have a NICS exemption and their fee is considerably less than the NV CFP then increasing the fees to keep a NICS exemption will not work.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

6. What happened to a government by and for the people? 70% of us work for the gov. why is it out of control.

BATFE's Reasoning On Nevada

Before you go off the deep end with this rhetoric, please check the following information out on why the BATFE is now requiring the checks in Nevada > > >

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/053008_nevadaffl-openletter.pdf

I am retired from the Ark. State Police and have had the honor and privilege to work with a number of BATFE agents over my 31 years of service. They are fine law enforcement officers who do their best to serve the their country with honor, integrity, and hard and dangerous work. I have a close BATFE friend of mine who was wounded at the Waco, TX camp years ago and another one, Agent Robert Williams, who was killed there. Whether you agree or not about the handling of the Waco event, those men were doing their duty to the best of their abilities for the safety of us all. The ONLY reason for the deaths there was that, in my opinion, the BATFE and others were trying to deal with extremist psychos.

Have the laws changed. Fire the bosses (President Clinton/Attn. Gen. Reyno in the above case). Elect good, honest, patriotic (oxymorons?) politicians if you can find them.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Before you go off the deep end with this rhetoric, please check the following information out on why the BATFE is now requiring the checks in Nevada > > >

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/053008_nevadaffl-openletter.pdf

I am retired from the Ark. State Police and have had the honor and privilege to work with a number of BATFE agents over my 31 years of service. They are fine law enforcement officers who do their best to serve the their country with honor, integrity, and hard and dangerous work. I have a close BATFE friend of mine who was wounded at the Waco, TX camp years ago and another one, Agent Robert Williams, who was killed there. Whether you agree or not about the handling of the Waco event, those men were doing their duty to the best of their abilities for the safety of us all. The ONLY reason for the deaths there was that, in my opinion, the BATFE and others were trying to deal with extremist psychos.

Have the laws changed. Fire the bosses (President Clinton/Attn. Gen. Reyno in the above case). Elect good, honest, patriotic (oxymorons?) politicians if you can find them.
    Actually, I have looked at the BATFE's letter which conveniently omits many pivotal details...

And I have the minutes from the State Legislature...
    And the proposed amendment written and submitted by the Nevada Highway Patrol and Nevada sheriff's Associations...
    Which I will post to this thread when I have a little bit more time...

I don't agree with the BATFE's actions in Waco, and I know those that died were doing their job...

Despite enforcing the willful infringement of the second amendment upon those at the Waco compound... And in my view it had NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR SAFETY...

They should not have been there to begin with... No disrespect intended...

I have nothing against those BATFE individuals, only the agency they represent...

And this thread has nothing to do with Waco...

And you should really look into the egregious shenanigans that the BATFE regularly take action in against law abiding gun dealers such as Reds Trading Post...

"Always think seizure first" is a pretty egregious motto for a government agency...

Red face Nevada's BATFE Ruling

Check out the following gov. site, please.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/053008_n...openletter.pdf

It explains BATFE's reasoning behind the checks. Also, I had a good friend of mine wounded and another killed at Waco, TX, during Clinton's term and feel that you and others are being overzealous in your attacks against the BATFE. These are/were great guys and law enforcement personnel doing their jobs as directed by our government. I worked with both of these guys and many others during my 31 years with the State Police here in Arkansas and I can say they are and have been patriotic, fair and hardworking.

Give 'em a break and work on your Government...especially work on doing away with the anti-gun left wing idiots.

Larry

10. Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Check out the following gov. site, please.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/053008_n...openletter.pdf

It explains BATFE's reasoning behind the checks. Also, I had a good friend of mine wounded and another killed at Waco, TX, during Clinton's term and feel that you and others are being overzealous in your attacks against the BATFE. These are/were great guys and law enforcement personnel doing their jobs as directed by our government. I worked with both of these guys and many others during my 31 years with the State Police here in Arkansas and I can say they are and have been patriotic, fair and hardworking.

Give 'em a break and work on your Government...especially work on doing away with the anti-gun left wing idiots.

Larry
    Not to be insensitive, but the whole WACO thing was a farce. The BATFE were way out of line. Reno is responsible for ordering the murder of all those men, women and children. There never was a reason for any federal involvement, and it was a fact that the charges against these people were trumped up because of fear by the government.
    Crazy religion, or not, the whole affair was a sham. If your friends were injured I am sorry. But obedience to unconstitutional laws is not appropriate behavior. So, good guys or not, they had a moral obligation to object and bow out. No one had any moral turpitude here. No one has any grounds for being compliant witht he law of the land as they were disobeying it by their own presence. Koresh and his followers had the right to be unmolested on their property and their murder is and was an outrage.
    That said, the BATFE IS not a lawful or legl organization and in fact, stands like OSHA as a violation of our laws and constitution.
    Flame me if you will it will not matter as I know in my heart, and through research I am right.

These are/were great guys and law enforcement personnel doing their jobs as directed by our government.
    I believe the phrase is, "I was only following orders."

Regrettably, there comes a time in many (all?) our lives when we have to stop...pause...and think, 'WTF AM I DOING?!? AND WHY??!??'

...and maybe choose the harder path, and walk away from it.

I've watched the documentary "Rules Of Engagement", a treatise about Waco and what happened, and what was said to have happened, by those involved. They make a good case.

Listen...I like Cops. Tried to get on the job when I was young. They're doing a hard job under difficult circumstances for an unappreciative public. But they still have a moral responsibility to the country, the public and - for some - the Constitution.

They're called "hard" choices for a reason.
    Last edited by Ektarr; 07-05-2008 at 07:16 PM.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast