BATFE Targets CCW Holders - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BATFE Targets CCW Holders

1. I have great respect for LEOs and great affection for LEOs who are my friends. But the phrases "I was only doing my job" and "I was following the orders of my government" were often heard at Nuremburg. We need to be very careful about how casually we take "doing a job" is used to justify malefaction. Whether or not the Waco compound people were nuts and/or fanatics shouldn't even enter into the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Kind of drops back to what I said, letting the police make and decide law is a real bad idea.
    I agree 100% that is why I need to reiterate...

It is imperative that if you are a Nevada resident and you value the second amendment and the right-to-carry that you personally attend the following forum… (if you are out of state write a letter, make a phone call, fax, email , all of the above, you can find the contact info I previously posted, stick up for Nevada, if you don't you might be next if they get away with it!)
    Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Concealed Carry Forum! Wednesday, September 10 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m... further info, location, etc at:
    NRA-ILA :: Legislation

I do not know for certain but I suspect that it is because they have a group of Police Chiefs that decide gun laws in their state instead of letting the legislature do it. Letting the Police make and decide how laws are interpreted is a real bad idea.
    Well, if there is a fee for the NICS, which is done by the federal government, not any of the state governments, I'd think that the federal government would be deciding on fees, not the state.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Well, if there is a fee for the NICS, which is done by the federal government, not any of the state governments, I'd think that the federal government would be deciding on fees, not the state.
    Pursuant to the NICS Improvement Act of 2008... (That the GOA Warned Everybody About And Called the "Veterans Disarmament Act") no agency utilizing the FBI's NICS system shall be charged for said use...

The states still have the choice of whether or not to utilize the FBI's NICS system or their own NICS system; the NICS check is a federal mandate that is to be performed when ANYBODY whom does not already hold a valid State issued CCW buys a firearm...

Should a State choose to not utilize the FREE FBI NICS System; they can charge a per use fee as they see fit…

Currently ONLY CCW holders in the State of Nevada are NO LONGER EXCLUDED from the NICS check whenever they purchase a firearm... AND THE FEE ASSOCIATED WITH IT BECAUSE NEVADA REFUSES TO UTILIZE THE FREE FBI NICS SYSTEM.

Due to the shenanigans itemized in this thread by the BATFE and the Nevada Sheriffs, Chiefs and Highway Patrol Associations…

THAT IS WHY It is imperative that if you are a Nevada resident and you value the second amendment and the right-to-carry that you personally attend the following forum… (if you are out of state write a letter, make a phone call, fax, email , all of the above, you can find the contact info I previously posted, stick up for Nevada, if you don't you might be next if they get away with it!)
    Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Concealed Carry Forum! Wednesday, September 10 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m... further info, location, etc at:

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Pursuant to the NICS Improvement Act of 2008... (That the GOA Warned Everybody About And Called the "Veterans Disarmament Act") no agency utilizing the FBI's NICS system shall be charged for said use...

The states still have the choice of whether or not to utilize the FBI's NICS system or their own NICS system; the NICS check is a federal mandate that is to be performed when ANYBODY whom does not already hold a valid State issued CCW buys a firearm...

Should a State choose to not utilize the FREE FBI NICS System; they can charge a per use fee as they see fit…

Currently ONLY CCW holders in the State of Nevada are NO LONGER EXCLUDED from the NICS check whenever they purchase a firearm... AND THE FEE ASSOCIATED WITH IT BECAUSE NEVADA REFUSES TO UTILIZE THE FREE FBI NICS SYSTEM.

Due to the shenanigans itemized in this thread by the BATFE and the Nevada Sheriffs, Chiefs and Highway Patrol Associations…

THAT IS WHY It is imperative that if you are a Nevada resident and you value the second amendment and the right-to-carry that you personally attend the following forum… (if you are out of state write a letter, make a phone call, fax, email , all of the above, you can find the contact info I previously posted, stick up for Nevada, if you don't you might be next if they get away with it!)
    Glad I live in a state that utilizes the free FBI NICS check. Has any reason been given by the powers that be in Nevada as to why the FBI system isn't used? Is is possible that this is a backdoor attempt by a group of antis to make prospective gun buyers less willing to purchase firearms?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Glad I live in a state that utilizes the free FBI NICS check. Has any reason been given by the powers that be in Nevada as to why the FBI system isn't used? Is is possible that this is a backdoor attempt by a group of antis to make prospective gun buyers less willing to purchase firearms?
    Real good question!! I also live in a state Michigan that uses the free system, my son use to work in a gun store (Dunham"s) and made literally hundreds of calls into the NICS system with never a charge.
    Over the years I have seen many a misinformed anti police chief although many of the officers on the street are for the honest citizens right to carry the chief is usually against any citizen owning a gun, and that is my base line for thinking that it is a bad idea to put these types in control of anything to do with guns and laws involving them.
    Last edited by Sheldon; 09-08-2008 at 11:37 AM.

Real good question!! I also live in a state Michigan that uses the free system, my son use to work in a gun store (Dunham"s) and made literally hundreds of calls into the NICS system with never a charge.
    Over the years I have seen many a misinformed anti police chief although many of the officers on the street are for the honest citizens right to carry the chief is usually against any citizen owning a gun, and that is my base line for thinking that it is a bad idea to put these types in control of anything to do with guns and laws involving them.
    Last time I checked, BATFE is an EXECUTIVE agency, meaning it is supposed to enforce laws, not make or change them. Not that I'm in favor of charging fees for the NICS check, but if any body is in charge of doing it, Congress, which makes the laws, would do it, not the BATFE.

I live in Tennessee and I pay the $25.00 fee and go through the check, permit or not!
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by napolifred View Post
    I live in Tennessee and I pay the $25.00 fee and go through the check, permit or not!
    Well it appears that there are at least two states now Tennessee and Nevada that are charging for the NICS check regardless of CCW Permit; out of the 48 that allow concealed carry; this became effective July 1st, 2008 here in Nevada; I do not know when it became effective in Tennessee but both are in violation of federal law regarding exclusion of CCW holders from fees and further NICS checks...

for my friend in Tennessee and anybody else whom values their second amendment rights and the right to carry I ask you to write your representatives and the NRA, GOA, SAF using the links I have previously supplied to voice your displeasure with the continued infringement of your second amendment rights by the BATFE and other various agencies state, local and other municipalities ...

And for the sake of all firearm owners vote McCain-Palin November 4th, 2008 or take advantage of early voting...

If we do nothing, we can only say we did nothing... George Washington
    Last edited by Bohemian; 09-13-2008 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by napolifred View Post

Make that two states now. Did this start in Tennessee at the same time it started in Nevada?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345