Joe Horn of Pasadena, Texas - Not Guilty Of Killing Illegals
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Horn of Pasadena, Texas - Not Guilty Of Killing Illegals

Joe Horn of Pasadena, Texas - Not Guilty Of Killing Illegals

Joe Horn cleared of killing suspected burglars...

(Whom Were Habitual Criminal Illegal Aliens)

Everybody's favorite neighbor Joe Horn was cleared...

Another great day in America...

A Texas grand jury has cleared a 62-year-old retiree who who shot and killed two men he suspected of burglarizing his neighbor's home last fall in the Houston suburb of Pasadena.
    Joe Horn saw the men crawling out the windows of a neighbor's house and called 911. He told the dispatcher he had a shotgun and was going to kill the men. The dispatcher pleaded with Horn not to go outside, but Horn confronted the men and shot both in the back with a 12-gauge shotgun as they fled.
    The suspected burglars, Hernando Riascos Torres, 38, and Diego Ortiz, 30, were unemployed illegal immigrants from Colombia. Torres was deported to Colombia in 1999 after a 1994 cocaine-related conviction.
    Civil rights activists organized protests, saying that the shootings were racially motivated and that Horn engaged in vigilante justice.
    "The message we're trying to send today is the criminal justice system works," Harris County District Attorney Kenneth Magidson said after the grand jury declined to indict Horn. The Pasadena Citizen has the DA's statement.
    The Houston Chronicle has the story, a photo gallery and audio of the 911 call Horn made.

Texas man cleared of killing suspected burglars - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

I don't agree with shooting anyone in the back while they're fleeing, but I'm glad that these folks won't be able to victimize anyone else.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Make no mistake about it - those guys were thugs. However, judging from the 911 call, Horn let his emotions get ahead of him and dictate his actions. He voluntarily put himself into a position where no person was in danger, and then shot a couple of people in defense of someone else's property.

However, I also don't think what he did was criminal, so he shouldn't be charged.

BTW, imagine this scenario with a twist...what if some law-abiding person with a CWP were walking their dog past this guy's house, and saw a couple of guys running away while another guy chases them with a shotgun, yelling and shooting? That would look bad for Horn. They might draw on Horn and kill him, thinking he was a mad gunman on a rampage.

IMO we should all carry and endeavor to protect ourselves, our family and our property but not make an incident out to be more than it is.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

He was very lucky under the circumstances but they brought it on themselves.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

While I don't agree with him shooting someone in the back...

HE SHOT THEM ON HIS "OWN" PROPERTY...

I wanted to make that clear. I have heard the entire tape, and some witnesses info. They saw him with the gun, and came OVER THE FENCE into his yard after him. He shot them in HIS own yard, not his neighbors. Don't let the media portray it any different, they were "not" on his neighbor's property when they were shot, nor were their bodies in his neighbor's yard where they died... they were on his property.

Like I said, I'm not defending him, I would NEVER have shot someone in the back... well... if they had caused one of my loved one's serious harm... then I know I would... but not for property. That's what insurance is for.
    Last edited by MP3Mogul; 07-02-2008 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MP3Mogul View Post
    While I don't agree with him shooting someone in the back...

I wanted to make that clear. I have heard the entire tape, and some witnesses info. The saw him with the gun, and came OVER THE FENCE into his yard after him. He shot them in HIS own yard, not his neighbors. Don't let the media portray it any different, they were "not" on his neighbor's property when they were shot, nor were their bodies in his neighbor's yard where they died... they were on his property.

Like I said, I'm not defending him, I would NEVER have shot someone in the back... well... if they had caused one of my loved one's serious harm... then I know I would... but not for property. That's what insurance is for.
    I disagree, I think he sent all the criminals and illegals a long overdue message...

WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE...

Quote Originally Posted by MP3Mogul View Post
    That's probably the main reason why he wasn't indicted.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    That's probably the main reason why he wasn't indicted.
    Pursuant to TEXAS law; a homeowner is able to protect his own property, life and that of his neighbors, including but not limited shooting perpetrator(s) carrying off his own property and or that of his neighbors, regardless of whether said perpetrator(s) were on his property or not...
    In this case they happened to get shot on Joe's property...

GO TEXAS! We need a nationwide Joe Horn Doctrine, based on Texas Law and honoring Joe Horn...

Joe Horn was a good neighbor, and was covered in his actions 8 ways to Sunday by TEXAS law...

Additionally, Joe Horn has been vilified by most of the Media and other left wing groups such as the BLACK PANTHERS...

Moreover, Joe Horn did not shoot THE perpetrator(s) in the back, they were shot in the torso by a 12 gauge...

GIVE JOE HORN A MEDAL...

And he sent a pivotal message to all criminals and illegal aliens in NON-SANCTUARY CITIES...
    We are tired of being Victimized and are not going to take it anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I disagree, I think he sent all the criminals and illegals a long overdue message...

WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE...
    +1 to that. they don't deserve to get away with the stuff they do.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Actually,

The law that I read (please someone correct me if I am wrong), you are NOT allowed to protect your neighbor's property, you are only allowed to protect YOUR property.

I am not saying he was wrong, and hey, they were criminals anyway, but I just can't justify shooting them in the back over some personal property. Then again, I wasn't there, I don't know what happened, as there is no video.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast