Nevada: CCW Holder Call To Action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nevada: CCW Holder Call To Action!

Nevada: CCW Holder Call To Action!

NEVADA: Important Information for Right-to-Carry Permit Holders!As many of you have been made aware, as of Tuesday, July 1, Nevada CCW permits will no longer qualify as an alternative to a National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) through the Federal Bureau of Investigation. This action is a result of Nevada's loss of exemption due to an audit conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) in 2004 which uncovered a number of Brady Law violations. NRA has recently learned that the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Association (NVSCA) will be discussing the possibility of asking BATFE for another audit of the Nevada CCW permit process prior to their scheduled July 17 quarterly meeting. According to NVSCA Executive Director Frank Adams, he believes that Nevada could pass a new audit, however, the request to BATFE must be given the green light from all seventeen sheriffs. Please take the time to contact your Sheriff immediately and ask that they join with their fellow sheriffs when this matter comes before them! The contact information for your Sheriff, as well as all seventeen, can be found on the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Association website at www.nvsca.com/agency_links.html. For more information, please click here.

cross posted...

I always thought that the BATFE could only do what it was specifically authorized to do by Congress. I wasn't aware that it had the authority to unilaterally enact new laws on its own. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 07-07-2008 at 02:31 AM.

I wrote to, and received a reply from, Sheriff De Meo of Nye County. He said that he will join with the other Sheriff's in asking for another audit.

5. So we have to pay for another backround check for every additional handgun purchased now?

Quote Originally Posted by danfordman View Post
    So we have to pay for another backround check for every additional handgun purchased now?
    For Every Additional Firearm ...

Not handgun specific...

Including redemption of your own firearm, if due to ObamaNomics or other reasons you had to pawn one or more of your firearms...

Gun Owners of Nevada
    http://gonv.org/

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

So we have to pay for another backround check for every additional handgun purchased now?
    If an FFL is charging you for a NICS background check you need to find a new FFL. There is no charge for the NICS check.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    If an FFL is charging you for a NICS background check you need to find a new FFL. There is no charge for the NICS check.
    Nevada is a POS State...

Meaning they can CHOOSE to run their own NICS-type system and CHARGE you for it...

The FFL does not get the money...
    The State of Nevada does, because they refuse to allow the FFL's in Nevada to use the Federal Tax-Payer Funded (Unconstitutional) NICS System run by the FBI...

The kicker is they... "The State of Nevada" redundantly also uses the FBI NICS System, hence the higher # then normal delays ...

For Further Detail On Nevada Firearm Laws See...
    Gun Owners of Nevada:
    Gun Owners of Nevada Official Website

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Nevada is a POS State...

Meaning they can CHOOSE to run their own NICS-type system and CHARGE you for it...

The FFL does not get the money...
    The State of Nevada does, because they refuse to allow the FFL's in Nevada to use the Federal Tax-Payer Funded (Unconstitutional) NICS System run by the FBI...

The kicker is they... "The State of Nevada" redundantly also uses the FBI NICS System, hence the higher # then normal delays ...

For Further Detail On Nevada Firearm Laws See...
    Gun Owners of Nevada:
    I think I remember seeing something along the same lines in TN. on the news So my first letter is going out to my Senator John Ensign, he recently pushed to get the National Parks to allow CCW holders to carry guns in. What next to help protest and hopefully reverse this stupid greedy law??

I think I remember seeing something along the same lines in TN. on the news So my first letter is going out to my Senator John Ensign, he recently pushed to get the National Parks to allow CCW holders to carry guns in. What next to help protest and hopefully reverse this stupid greedy law??
    The Nevada Legislature is the only one whom can fix the problem with Nevada CCW Holder exemptions from NICS Checks... short of the Brady Bill(s) Ad nauseam being repealed...

Nevada Legislature

State Senators:
    Senate Member Information

State Assemblymen:
    Assembly Member Information

Recommend Contacting Gun Owners of Nevada & signing up for their action alerts and such, perusing their site and you will find next steps, regarding Dumping Harry Reid, Electing Sharron Angle, repealing Nevada's status as a POS state, CCW, B.S. Blue Card Requirements etc...

11. My fault. Should have kept my mouth shut. The Federal NICS check is free. If Nevada State is charging to be a middle-man that sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast