Pizza Hut Open Carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pizza Hut Open Carry

1. Pizza Hut

Does Pizza Hut serve Beer.. If so you cannot carry in the store. It is against the law...

3. In AZ you can't carry in an establishment if it serves beer.... Does Pizza Hut serve beer. I think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc and his Glock View Post
    In AZ you can't carry in an establishment if it serves beer.... Does Pizza Hut serve beer. I think so...
    It appears that Pizza Hut does not serve liquor. Here's a link to the drink page of their menu: PizzaHut.com ? Menu

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

[QUOTE=Bohemian;30038]I applaud your open carry actions, which Nevada also supports; but disagree with you not wanting to pay the 20% gratuity...

I have sisters in the service industry and I live in Vegas and tips begin at 20% its a unwritten understanding just about anywhere I have been in the United States and abroad...

Most service peoples wages are based on an average of those 20% tips they are anticipated in receiving; when you don't tip your server you are only hurting the server whom has to split what meager tips they get with the house and pay taxes on them to boot...

Many actually get paid less then minimum wage; because the anticipated tips are factored into their base hourly wage...
    An underhanded way of employers paying sub-standard wages in my view...
    but its legal and they have been doing it for decades.

[\QUOTE]

When I worked as a server, We got paid minimum wage. There is a minimum wage for people who get tips. When I was working mimimum wage was 5.50/hr and for servers it was 2.13/hr +tips. And we only had to claim 10% of our tips.

Again this was a few years back. As for the gratuitity... I think 6 is a little small for added gratuitity. Our policy was 8 or more.

And if the servise isn't good I don't give more than the Gratuitity.
    Andrew

A word of warning

If that Pizza Hut has a liquor license, you could have been charged for possession of a firearm in an establishment that serves alcohol. AZ is what I call a dry or prohibition carry State.

As for Pizza Hut. I don't go give them any business. The service in my area tends to be horrible to begin with.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    It appears that Pizza Hut does not serve liquor. Here's a link to the drink page of their menu: PizzaHut.com ? Menu

gf
    They do in Michigan, but we have the 51% rule here before it is a no zone, BTY the beer is on a separate menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    That is for online take out or delivery orders.

I don't know of a restaurant that delivers alcohol with their meals. Since I live in Vegas where alcohol is easier to obtain than water if such a beast existed it would be here.

Also the Pizza Hut Carry-Out and Expresses do not have liquor licenses. Your Pizza Hut locations that share the property with a sister establishment (Pizza Hut, KFC and Taco Bell are all owned by the same company) do not serve alcohol either. Only the full brick & mortar establishments that have a full menu/dining area typically do.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

The Pizza Hut We Went To

Did not serve alcohol. I would not have carried there if they did. Like I said, I called the Maricopa Co. Sheriffs office prior to departure to check my P's and Q's.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I wait tables, and unless your service was absolutely horrible, i think its pretty pathetic/distasteful to gripe about a mandatory tip, which if your service was so horrible in the first place maybe you should have asked to talk to the manager, before you got your check. Just my 2cents being a waitress in a busy restaurant!
    Last edited by MissPriss; 07-23-2008 at 11:56 AM. Reason: me being a blonde!

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Did not serve alcohol. I would not have carried there if they did. Like I said, I called the Maricopa Co. Sheriffs office prior to departure to check my P's and Q's.
    The issue here isn't whether you were violating a law banning guns in an establishment that serves alcohol (in which case you should have been asked to leave, not simply been made to pay more), but your belief that you were discriminated against because you were carrying. I think the consensus among everyone who has posted on this board is that while you were within your rights to be carrying there openly, you are overreacting to the mandatory gratuity. The fact is, you would have been charged the gratuity whether you had been carrying or not, and you really just need to let this thing go and just accept that if you go into places like this with a group of people, you're going to be asked to pay more. Before you start complaining some more about that, maybe you need to put yourself in the shoes of the waitresses who have to serve you and your group. I can guarantee that you will then come to appreciate the service they provide and not be so quick to believe that they are discriminating against you for carrying.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast