Pizza Hut Open Carry - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pizza Hut Open Carry

Exclamation Here are the Facts

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    The issue here isn't whether you were violating a law banning guns in an establishment that serves alcohol (in which case you should have been asked to leave, not simply been made to pay more), but your belief that you were discriminated against because you were carrying. I think the consensus among everyone who has posted on this board is that while you were within your rights to be carrying there openly, you are overreacting to the mandatory gratuity. The fact is, you would have been charged the gratuity whether you had been carrying or not, and you really just need to let this thing go and just accept that if you go into places like this with a group of people, you're going to be asked to pay more. Before you start complaining some more about that, maybe you need to put yourself in the shoes of the waitresses who have to serve you and your group. I can guarantee that you will then come to appreciate the service they provide and not be so quick to believe that they are discriminating against you for carrying.
    1. Our orders were nearly all wrong. (we ordered the stromboli type dish and were served dishes contrary to what we ordered.
    2. We ordered cinnimon sticks and they never made it to the table.
    3. Our beverages were not refilled unless you waived down the server.
    4. The pizza hut we ate at was dirty.

I don't feel I over reacted. The Pizza Hut Where we live is clean and efficient compared to the one we went to in AZ.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

frank.macher Guest
    MP3 Mogul - I concur... I tip appropriate to the level of service, it is a hard job, but many do the job and make it pleasant to dine. Those I always tip in excess of the recommended and usually call over the manager to applaud in their presence. If I have a bad experience the tip reflects it, the manager is called over and privately spoken to. An old maxim my Senior Non-comms taught was praise in public, counsel negatively in private... I have had managers do a double take when I came over and asked them to come back to the table when their wait staff was present. They always like to hear feedback - good or bad - it's the attitude brought to bear when you express it that they don't always appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    1. Our orders were nearly all wrong. (we ordered the stromboli type dish and were served dishes contrary to what we ordered.
    2. We ordered cinnimon sticks and they never made it to the table.
    3. Our beverages were not refilled unless you waived down the server.
    4. The pizza hut we ate at was dirty.

I don't feel I over reacted. The Pizza Hut Where we live is clean and efficient compared to the one we went to in AZ.
    I'm confused now. At first, you said you felt that the mandatory gratuity was added in response to the host seeing your gun. Now you're saying that your complaint is based on the poor service and dirtiness. It seems that this list of complaints had nothing to do with you carrying. After all, if the restaurant was dirty, you having your pistol in plain sight did not change that, did it?

Actually if you re read his original post, it was about the manager giving him a dirty look when he OC his (good taste in firearms BTY) .45 HK USP. Most of the section about the tip was a separate sentence so subject mater was separated into a different object. Therefore other than a dirty look there was apparently no issue with the OC N this is mostly about lousy service and a 20% added tip.

When the management tagged that on that the server will likely only see a small percentile of. Which is a good reason the service was so bad, can you say under staffed and employee attitude? As to dirty call the health inspector and corporate n file a complaint. Last time I was in a Pizza Hut N they forgot the appetizer, I mentioned it n they brought it out and took it off the tab.

That is why I like to tip separate from the check, 10-25% dependent upon service, and when it's bad I just will leave my two cents on the table n pay the bill. I have to agree I do not like the tip added at the cash register either, and will protest it if I think the service did not warrant the % of the added gratuity.
    Last edited by Sheldon; 07-24-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Service with a smile

who cares why they tacked on 20%......

Dont be a baby about it. Pay the 20% and remember that the next time you order pizza.

If the service was bad, dont leave a tip.
    If the food was terrible, tell the manager.
    Call corporate like you did Festus. You say they never contacted you back, right?
    If it was that big of a deal, wouldnt you pursue this a little more?

Exclamation Got a letter from Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by IheartTedNugent View Post
    who cares why they tacked on 20%......

Dont be a baby about it. Pay the 20% and remember that the next time you order pizza.

If the service was bad, dont leave a tip.
    If the food was terrible, tell the manager.
    Call corporate like you did Festus. You say they never contacted you back, right?
    If it was that big of a deal, wouldnt you pursue this a little more?

It basically apologized for the service and said the matter was being "looked" into. I hope they do a good job with good integrity internally...otherwise they are just as bad off as they were before.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

It basically apologized for the service and said the matter was being "looked" into. I hope they do a good job with good integrity internally...otherwise they are just as bad off as they were before.

I did not know you received a letter from corporate.
    G2G
    Last edited by IheartTedNugent; 07-24-2008 at 02:15 PM.

9. I hate mandatory gratuity...its always more than 15% Its insulting when they think you're going to run out.

Most chain pizzas suck and are not worth the money, esp when there's really good stuff out there. Find the good and bypass the bad. Find out ahead of time what's rated the "best place" in the area - they usually do nonstop business and have a fanatical following. You'll get more personalized service, and they're less likely to screw things up.

In this area, we have Moon River, which is incredibly good. There's also a burrito place that is extremely popular. It's run by flaming hippies. I'm sure they wouldn't like me carrying in there, but they can suck it.

When you talked to corporate, did the fact that you were carrying even come up?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast