Pizza Hut Open Carry
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pizza Hut Open Carry

Talking Pizza Hut Open Carry

Hey all,
    Just out on vacation...Visiting Family in AZ. We decided to go for Pizza and ended up at Pizza Hut. I made a conscious effort to make sure my HK USP45 was clearly visable in OPEN CARRY and in we went! Loved the look the Manager gave me but unfortunately for him they decided to tack on a mandatory 20% gratuity for a party of 6. When I asked him about whether or not he could show the policy in writing, he could not give me a proper answer. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with corporate and let them know about the shady tactics they were using for gratuities. This will all be cleared up in 2-3 business days.

By the way, I love AZ open carry as I don't sweat all over the heater and and have to do even more preventive maint.

It seemed logical that Pizza hut be exposed to as many Law-Abiding gun owners as possible.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Could you provide us with the content of your phone call to the Corporate Office? I'm not saying it has to be verbatim, just all the important stuff. I'd be interested in seeing what they said to defend the employee's actions.

What part were you in? I have a brother in Sun City in Phoenix.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Hey all,
    Just out on vacation...Visiting Family in AZ. We decided to go for Pizza and ended up at Pizza Hut. I made a conscious effort to make sure my HK USP45 was clearly visable in OPEN CARRY and in we went! Loved the look the Manager gave me but unfortunately for him they decided to tack on a mandatory 20% gratuity for a party of 6. When I asked him about whether or not he could show the policy in writing, he could not give me a proper answer. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with corporate and let them know about the shady tactics they were using for gratuities. This will all be cleared up in 2-3 business days.

By the way, I love AZ open carry as I don't sweat all over the heater and and have to do even more preventive maint.

It seemed logical that Pizza hut be exposed to as many Law-Abiding gun owners as possible.

Dude any restraunt you go to will most likely have some sort of gratuity for a large group. Have you ever been a waiter before? Its hard work, and gets harder when you have alot of people. You only did that because it was at Pizza Hut. Come on man.

Quote Originally Posted by IheartTedNugent View Post
    Dude any restraunt you go to will most likely have some sort of gratuity for a large group. Have you ever been a waiter before? Its hard work, and gets harder when you have alot of people. You only did that because it was at Pizza Hut. Come on man.
    I've thought about that since my last post on this thread. I could see his point if he had been to that particular Pizza Hut before carrying concealed and with a lot of people and did not get charged extra. However, since he has never been to that Pizza Hut before, it is a bit presumptuous to suggest that he was being discriminated against because he was carrying.

M not sue on this but you may have been in violation of AZ law, they have this little thing about certain places to eat at being off limits to CCW at least but I am not sure about open carry.

Exclamation talked with Maricopa Co. Sherriffs office before visit

Made dang for sure that I was not running afoul of the law. Sherriff Joe is one tough dude that you do not cross.
    My wife's family that took us have never been charged a mandatory gratuity at that restaraunt before. I think they were just being knuckleheads. My wife's Aunt hit the roof when she spoke with the manager as she had been going to that particular store for the last 13 years.

I still havent heard back from corporate.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Hey all,

I applaud your open carry actions, which Nevada also supports; but disagree with you not wanting to pay the 20% gratuity...

I have sisters in the service industry and I live in Vegas and tips begin at 20% its a unwritten understanding just about anywhere I have been in the United States and abroad...

Most service peoples wages are based on an average of those 20% tips they are anticipated in receiving; when you don't tip your server you are only hurting the server whom has to split what meager tips they get with the house and pay taxes on them to boot...

Many actually get paid less then minimum wage; because the anticipated tips are factored into their base hourly wage...
    An underhanded way of employers paying sub-standard wages in my view...
    but its legal and they have been doing it for decades.

I STILL RECCOMEND THE BOYCOTT OF PIZZA HUT NATIONWIDE FOR THEIR FIRING OF A 10 YEAR PLUS EMPLOYEE AND CCW HOLDER THAT UNKNOWINGLY VIOLATED CORPORATE COMPANY POLICY WHILE IN THE DEFENSE OF HIS LIFE BY AN ARMED ROBBER.

OK,

We've gone a bit far. The statement that many make LESS than minimum wage is totally false. The FEDERAL GOVT says if this occurs, the employeer must pay the difference, and my wife, having worked many many years in the service industry has stated that NO ONE is going to make a small amount of money unless they are horrible at being a waiter / waitress.

During my wife's service industry days, (no minimum percentage was required) she averaged around 20.00 per hour on good days, and as little as 10.00 on bad days. It averaged out.

I have been to restaurants that I left a .01 (ONE PENNY) tip. The waiter / waitress never came back to fill empty glasses, to see if we wanted dessert, etc... they don't deserve any tip... I have taken the 20% off of a bill manually because of this and challenged the manager about it. Of course, I always won.

While I agree, if the service is good, it's okay, if the service is not what it's supposed to be... my tip will so reflect, and my wallet by never returning again.

I'm inclined to agree with Mogul. I like to reward good service (the reason I go out in the FIRST place is to be "waited on"!), but I don't feel it should be mandatory, and I resent it. If there's a mandatory gratuity of 15, 18 or 20 percent, what incentive does the server have to even DO a good job? My usual tip is 20%, but I want the option. Mediocre service gets 15%, less than decent service gets maybe 10, maybe less if it's really bad. I don't ever remember leaving nothing, but recently, where I was assessed a built-in 18% (in Greenville, SC), they ended up screwing themselves...I would have left 20 if allowed to decide on my own!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast