Election night contingency plans? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Election night contingency plans?

Quote Originally Posted by dancingwolf View Post
    Well, if the election is anything like the Bush-Gore match-up, I could see where problems could result. I wouldn't worry about it, though.
    I suspect that whoever wins, the sun will still come up in the east, and set in the west. My own concerns were about the associations of Obama with more radical groups and individuals and his take on the 2nd amendment, among many other issues, with which I personally agree. I think the charismatic Obama you see on TV is not the political Obama, but what the heck do I know? His economic platform to tax small businesses, that provide about 70% of the jobs in the U.S. at a time when gas and food prices are through the roof seem kind of myopic to me, if not stupid and would send the U.S. further into recession. Like they say in Chicago (where you cannot have a handgun for the most part), vote early and vote often! It is a highly emotional, actually invested election. We all have a stake in the outcome. Whatever side of the fence you are on, please vote.
    The only practical thing I can do at this point is to continue accumulating a few more boxes of primers. If you think about it, you can reuse cases, you can even buy or make powder and pour you own bullets. The thing in short supply will always be good primers, stored properly. My son seems to believe this and has literally 20,000 primers, all very well stored. For myself, I will spend most of my efforts in the voting booth in November and hope I too will not need that many primers. If McCain wins, I would hold off on excess primers.

I don't plan on doing anything differently than what I would normally do on election day. Go vote, go to work, go home from work and watch election returns. That's it.

i was chewed out for mentioning this in another forum... if Obama looses, there is a potential for rioting, etc on a grand scale, esp. in urban areas. When you have the likes of Sharpton, Jackson and the democrats in the mix, it can become mob rule. I am not fearful, but will be prepared. I live on the outskirts of Vegas which is a little goo-goo over Obama, so who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62 View Post
    i was chewed out for mentioning this in another forum... if Obama looses, there is a potential for rioting, etc on a grand scale, esp. in urban areas. When you have the likes of Sharpton, Jackson and the democrats in the mix, it can become mob rule. I am not fearful, but will be prepared. I live on the outskirts of Vegas which is a little goo-goo over Obama, so who knows..
    That's what I'm concerned about. Huge sections of Jacksonville seem to be very pro-Obama and may get violent either with a win or loss. I'm not sure which would be worse and I'm taking the McCain sticker off my car after the polls close.

I sped up my purchase of the Moss 500 partly for the upcoming election. Pistols just may not cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    That's what I'm concerned about. Huge sections of Jacksonville seem to be very pro-Obama and may get violent either with a win or loss. I'm not sure which would be worse and I'm taking the McCain sticker off my car after the polls close.

I sped up my purchase of the Moss 500 partly for the upcoming election. Pistols just may not cut it.
    i have some Bush 2004 stuff on my jeep back in the day and the tolerant, accepting leftists vandalized my car and my stickers.... they are a brazen bunch, so i'd be careful with your McCain sticker. i don't expect much to happen when he looses (yes, i am being hopeful), but i am prepared none the less.
    "Around this turn where the cross will cast your shadow The people will all gather To remember such a day Where the flames grew as high as trees And the world stopped for you and me...

...Pain has never been so brilliant I made sure you were buckled in Now you can walk hand in hand Hand in hand with Him"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12