Election night contingency plans?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Election night contingency plans?

Election night contingency plans?

I've heard some people saying that they might either leave town, or lock down their homes on election night in case of trouble.

Hopefully Obama loses...but his supporters are insanely fanatical, and riots might break out especially if the decision is controversial in any way.

Thoughts?
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

You have a good point. No chads. Marshel law.

Stock up on supplies. i.e. food, water , medicine. ammo batteries for flashlights and radios etc. etc. Oh yes, one more thing. Pray a lot.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

5. Red face

Well, if the election is anything like the Bush-Gore match-up, I could see where problems could result. I wouldn't worry about it, though.

i am with HK4U on this deal...

especially on that prayer thing... i can't remember wo said it, but i wish i had." there are no crisis for those who are properly prepared."

WHile riding to work this morning it struck me that if Obama wins there may be some outbreaks of not neccesarily violence but exuberent celebration that may lead to problmems. I know several people that are planning a change in there actions based on an Obama win and what they are planning is not plesant. Much like when one of the African countries gained independence the people lined up outside of the banks to get their share of the money in the banks and when told it didn't work like that they rioted.

There are some that feel a win by Obama will set the free to do things they have never done before and frankly is scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    WHile riding to work this morning it struck me that if Obama wins there may be some outbreaks of not neccesarily violence but exuberent celebration that may lead to problmems. I know several people that are planning a change in there actions based on an Obama win and what they are planning is not plesant. Much like when one of the African countries gained independence the people lined up outside of the banks to get their share of the money in the banks and when told it didn't work like that they rioted.

There are some that feel a win by Obama will set the free to do things they have never done before and frankly is scares me.
    I think the problem may arise if he loses. There are a lot of people with a very high emotional investment in his victory. If he doesn't pull it off (a situation fondly to be desired) they may not handle it well. The Democrats didn't respond well when Gore lost in 2000 and the emotional investment is significantly higher this time around.

I think it is coming inspite of whom wins.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsteele View Post
    I think the problem may arise if he loses. There are a lot of people with a very high emotional investment in his victory. If he doesn't pull it off (a situation fondly to be desired) they may not handle it well. The Democrats didn't respond well when Gore lost in 2000 and the emotional investment is significantly higher this time around.
    You are probably correct but the way it will be carried out depends on who wins. If McCain wins there could be some very ugly riots in some places. As you say emotions are running very high this time.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    You are probably correct but the way it will be carried out depends on who wins. If McCain wins there could be some very ugly riots in some places. As you say emotions are running very high this time.
    Either way it may be like the post-game violence after a World Cup or Super Bowl where one or both sides go totally nuts.

After I get done campaigning for myself for the day, I'm going to a State Rep candidate's house to watch the results come in. It's far removed from any bad areas of town but I feel bad for some of the other people.

I'll definitely be carrying extra in the car for a few days though.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast