Walmart goes anti-gun - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Walmart goes anti-gun

If you think that's bad, I purchased some crossman bbs' and co2 cartridges last week from Wal-Mart. The guy in sporting goods didin't have an open register, so he walked me to the front cashiers for "security reasons".

Do they really think I'm going to shoplift a box of bbs' and 10 co2 cartridges? Talk about a waste of manpower. The kicker was that I had to pay for the items at the front, couldn't pay in the electronics department or photo departments adjacent to the sporting goods. Gotta admit that "Wally World" has got some strange policies!

gf

Quote Originally Posted by t11spanner View Post
    I have been to the local Wally world twice since receiving my CCW.

There are no signs at this store.

I only shop there because there is no other department store within 100 miles.

I keep it concealed (Like the permit says I can do) and nobody notices.

Someone mentioned that the local manager "walked the gun to the car" thing....I had to laugh, cause the one local hardware store (their are two in town that sell weapons!!) here carries the gun to the front door and hands it to you after you exit for "security reasons"....I thought that was so funny, cause in this "open carry" state, I walked in with my loaded pistol on my side, in plain sight.....

She still walked me to the door....IMHO, Just funny....
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    If you think that's bad, I purchased some crossman bbs' and co2 cartridges last week from Wal-Mart. The guy in sporting goods didin't have an open register, so he walked me to the front cashiers for "security reasons".

Do they really think I'm going to shoplift a box of bbs' and 10 co2 cartridges? Talk about a waste of manpower. The kicker was that I had to pay for the items at the front, couldn't pay in the electronics department or photo departments adjacent to the sporting goods. Gotta admit that "Wally World" has got some strange policies!
    gf
    After reading this thread I'm wondering if WM has any chain-wide policies at all. I've never had a problem CC at WM here in Vegas, and I don't particularly worry if someone figures out I'm armed.

Compare your experience above to mine less than a week ago. I bought a scope and some ammo. The young man (I had to use the phone at the Sporting Goods desk to call and ask for help) who unlocked the ammo case didn't have the code for the cash register. He walked me to the next department, Electronics, and let them ring me up. I then walked out with my purchase. I've been walked to the front register at other WMs and I've been checked out in Sporting goods at some stores too.

It seems that each store makes it up on their own...
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

4. No signs in the florida store I shop

5. Wal-Mart becoming anti-gun?

Before Arizona passed it's CCW law, any sitizen who could legally own a gun could wear it anywhere they wanted, with a few exceptions. When the law went into effect, Wal-Mart led the rush to post signs, "No weapons Allowed on Premises." Within a few weeks, many places posted these darned signs. I told a Wal-Mart manager that if I were ever hurt because I had been deprived of my ability to defend myself, I would own Wal-Mart. the same applies to any other business showing that sign. I asked if the had heard of Luby's, in Killeen, TX. A young woman was there, and since Texas had no CCW law at that time, the was a good little doobie and had her gun locked in her car. She saw her parents both murdered in cold blood when she could havce stopped it right away. I don't ever want to see my loving wife murdered when I could be able to place two .45 ACP slugs in a two inch circle at 25 yards. It is interesting that Wal-Mart is also anti-service animals. We have two chihuahuas we have trained as hearing assist dogs, and Arizona Wal-Marts always put up a fight trying to keep us from bringing them in. Washington is very dog friendly. Funny thing is, at the Wally World in casa Grande, there is an old man who comes in often wearing a huge Colt Python, and no one ever gives him any static. Isn't Wal-Mart being discriminatory?
    Last edited by wuzfuz; 08-27-2008 at 04:12 PM.

6. Walmart is anti american and pro china

Ok i read almost all four pages. Can i get a yes or no on this matter lol. Is it still ok to carry in walmart?
    Last edited by S&WM&P40; 08-27-2008 at 06:14 PM.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Wally world

I always make it a point to carry at wal mart. However I carry concealed> What the doent know will not hurt them

9. That never was the question. I always carry in florida and georga stores.Is wallmart going to stop selling guns and ammo.The store here in gainesville a super wm is on the black side of town and does not sell guns.

I Open carry at Wally World each and every time I go there. I have never had a problem whatsoever in my area.
    Springfield Loaded Custom Champion
    RIA 1911A1 Duo-Tone Tactical
    XD40 Sub-Compact
    Ruger 22/45
    Browning Baby 6.35mm
    Ruger K10/22
    Marlin 336w 30-30
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty & The Pursuit Of Those Against It

I have never seen any signs forbidding the licenced carrying in any of the Wal Marts in Texas. I have never had a problem but then again this is a concealed Carry state only so no one would know that I carry. As others have said it must very from state to state and store to store.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast