Walmart goes anti-gun - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Walmart goes anti-gun

1. The Walmart in my area doesn't thing posted regarding pistol in the store. And I notice that they are more than happy to take my money for pistol ammunition...
    Ken.

3. WM in my area is not posted so you can carry, But if you try to buy ammo there you have to give up info I am not willing to give them.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

None of the Walmarts around here are posted either. However, one of them mysteriously stopped selling firearms and ammo. Don't know why or how long ago it stopped; a couple of months ago I went to buy some shotgun ammo, and the sporting goods area was no longer there. I'm wondering if the Gander Mountain sporting goods store that opened up across the street took that business away from them.

We have metal detectors at the entrances/exits here at the W*M in my town. Wouldn't the CCW pistols set off the bells and whistles?

6. Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    We have metal detectors at the entrances/exits here at the W*M in my town. Wouldn't the CCW pistols set off the bells and whistles?
    It might be fun to walk into the store with a short piece of iron pipe in your pack to see if it would set off any alarms. Just a thought.
    Ken.

Yes it would so it looks like it's a no there. unless there is nothing posted about CC. Then i would walk in and set it off and show the people greater my gun and my CCL and they would let you in or call the AM. The Am would let me in or turn me away till i lock up the Gun. If the AM says no i would ask to talk with the manager, the i would call the GM and then the market manager.I would get names and dates/times and call the head walmart store and ask them about that crap. WalMart is taking guns out of some stores that do not sell enough among other reasons. My 24 hour super center use to sell guns but they took them out because not enough
    sales. They still sell Ammo,handgun,rifle,shotgun they also still sell Muzzle loaders. I was also told that if i need a lot of ammo of any kind they could order it for me at there discounted price. All they need is a deposit of half the cost of the ammo and the rest when it comes in. It's starting to look like walmart's GM's are cracking down in the so called Brady states. That they know they can do it with out the lose of sales over the matter. In the Pro gun states you don't see this no CC in the stores crap. Another thing about the metal detectors if you walk really slow some times you don't set them off. Or take your car keys out hold them in your hand out in front of you it will set it off. Then when the people greater asks show them your keys. Not like they can stop and search you so you should be all set.
    Last edited by S&WM&P40; 08-31-2008 at 06:55 PM.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

8. The WM here has a thing that looks like a metal detector but will only go off if you have a security tag that has not been deactivated. I walk pass this all the time with my gun and have never set it off.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    From what I've read from posters on other forums, Wal Mart is generally one of the more gun friendly businesses around. When did they start putting metal detectors at the entrances? Have you or anyone else you know of contacted the corporate office about that?

10. Having spent my 58 years being a total 'good guy'..having never harmed anyone , ever. Having followed rule and laws ...even speed limit laws when it's possible, I can say that I've had it. I decided that I'll follow laws I believe in and disregard those I don't. I will remain a gentle, honest, good guy but will reject stupid laws. From local morons on small time boards, making silly town laws, to State, to Gov.
    Yes, it is wonderful to obey all laws but...what if some clown decides to pass a law that one cannot step on cracks on a sidewalk? Silly? yes, of course..but ask are grandfathers if they ever thought there would be a law ( pick any of the over-the top laws passed in the last decades) and they would laugh...And yet, here we are, knuckling under to prissy arsed, local,state and gov morons pushing their little agendas.
    I'll not trouble myself for a 'permit' to build a little shed on MY property, NO One will ever tell me I can't smoke in my own home ( if I chose to). No one will ever take my firearms ( they will all be 'stolen' the night before any confiscation..what a damn shame huh?)
    I'm a good guy and I'll remain a good guy but, I've had it with screwballs telling me what to eat, what to drink, what to wear, how to think, what to own, what to say and when to say it.
    If this makes this good guy into a criminal...so be it..They did it, I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    Having spent my 58 years being a total 'good guy'..having never harmed anyone , ever. Having followed rule and laws ...even speed limit laws when it's possible, I can say that I've had it. I decided that I'll follow laws I believe in and disregard those I don't. I will remain a gentle, honest, good guy but will reject stupid laws. From local morons on small time boards, making silly town laws, to State, to Gov.
    Yes, it is wonderful to obey all laws but...what if some clown decides to pass a law that one cannot step on cracks on a sidewalk? Silly? yes, of course..but ask are grandfathers if they ever thought there would be a law ( pick any of the over-the top laws passed in the last decades) and they would laugh...And yet, here we are, knuckling under to prissy arsed, local,state and gov morons pushing their little agendas.
    I'll not trouble myself for a 'permit' to build a little shed on MY property, NO One will ever tell me I can't smoke in my own home ( if I chose to). No one will ever take my firearms ( they will all be 'stolen' the night before any confiscation..what a damn shame huh?)
    I'm a good guy and I'll remain a good guy but, I've had it with screwballs telling me what to eat, what to drink, what to wear, how to think, what to own, what to say and when to say it.
    If this makes this good guy into a criminal...so be it..They did it, I didn't.

+1 on that one... well said
    Springfield Loaded Custom Champion
    RIA 1911A1 Duo-Tone Tactical
    XD40 Sub-Compact
    Ruger 22/45
    Browning Baby 6.35mm
    Ruger K10/22
    Marlin 336w 30-30
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty & The Pursuit Of Those Against It

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast