Walmart goes anti-gun
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart goes anti-gun

Exclamation Walmart goes anti-gun

This was posted over on OpenCarry.org:

schwarzi88 on OCOD wrote:
    sorry this is a lil late but i had some major stuff to take care of at my house...... Anyways, i was at the Walmart at 106th south and 5th west on thurs July 3rd around 8:30 PM when i was asked to leave ..... i was not even in there for 10 min. as 2 [bottom]. Mngs came up to me and asked me to put my sidearm in the car befor i continue doing my shopping .... i told him that coprate stated ....bla bla bla ....bla bla ...... and i asked to talk to the district Mng. .... he told me he wasn't avalible and when i said that i was not going anywhere until he got ahold of him someone on the walky talky said to call the police..... that was my cue, lolol. so on the way to the door the 2nd [bottom]. Mng went to get me a supposed E-Mail that the legal department sent to all the stores. So as i passed the door greeter i asked her to give me a paper and a pen so i can write down the names of both [bottom]. Mng. As luck would have it i saw a LEO patroling the parking lot and i asked the male [bottom]. Mng. to go talk to her and clear some things up ....... to make a long story short she asked them why they didn't post sighns against Weapons to avoid this all the time ..... they said that since it was Private property they didn't have to ..... so about that time the 2nd [bottom]. Mng came out and handed me the 2 E-Mails......... i'm gonna paste these on here and u guys argue it out. I just think that Walmart is using its power as a corp. Giant to do as it pleases and silly enough gets away with it! I'm thinking that they have a lawsuit waiting to happen just to proove a point ...... maybe get a $10,000 Gift card out of it lol. well guys all jokes aside i think this prob shoud be addressed!

Looks like this affects both OC and CC, check out the emails below (sorry they are so small please open them to read them):

Lets flood Mark Johnson's office with emails and bring this crap to an end.
    Last edited by FBMG Smithy; 07-13-2008 at 11:01 AM.

the sad thing is

the company can and will get away with it because it is the world's largest retailer and alot of gun owners, like myself and the wife work at our local store. might be different in Texas , but this needs to be addressed before a Luby's type incident occurs. a armed society is polite society. thanks for the email addy. as soon as i can think of how to write my thoughts about this without getting fired i am going to. calling him a scumbag might be a little far for me een though it's probably the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    the company can and will get away with it because it is the world's largest retailer and alot of gun owners, like myself and the wife work at our local store. might be different in Texas , but this needs to be addressed before a Luby's type incident occurs. a armed society is polite society. thanks for the email addy. as soon as i can think of how to write my thoughts about this without getting fired i am going to. calling him a scumbag might be a little far for me een though it's probably the truth.
    It took me a little bit to put inteligent thought together too. This instance happening at a walmart I go to got me fired up enough to curse. It's better that I pulled it off without it.

Keep it covered next time and see what happens.

6. When I HAVE TO go to Wally Word I am covered and have had no problem. But like most of you I try to avoid that place as much as I can. It is time for them to get knock down some getting to big. They are a store not the gov.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Of coarse I go covered. I have to admit that even though I can I have only gone out open once and that was because I went out with the wife after work and didn't have anything with me to cover it with. The thing that bothers me is that the wally's email lists concealed weapons too. I've never had a problem and I go there concealed often. To be turned away like that when concealing would be the straw that breaks the camels back. I wouldn't go back.

I don't shop often there either. The few times that I have in the last year I always carry concealed and have not had a problem but that I am sure is due to the fact that it is concealed and they did not know. If I am ever asked not to carry or if they ever put signs up to prevent me from carrying I will never go back. I make it a practice not to spend my money anywhere where my 2nd amendment rights are violated.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I open carry at the 3 WalMarts in my area "all" of the time without any incident. I am sure every store manager has seen me, and most nod, smile or wave a hand. They know that I am not a LEO, and they have no problem. My local WalMart (other in my area are a few miles further), the manager there told me that their corporate policy is that they follow the LAW OF THE STATE IN WHICH THE STORE IS LOCATED.

My wife works for WalMart, and today she verified this policy with corporate in Arkansas...

Quote Originally Posted by MP3Mogul View Post
    My wife works for WalMart, and today she verified this policy with corporate in Arkansas...
    Can she get a copy of that to paste on here?

11. Reguardless of what you think, you MUST follow the state law in reguards to open or concealed carry. If the state law states a retailor has the right to tell you no carry on his or her property then that's the way it is.. It is the law like it or not... If you break the law you make things harder for gun owners.. All of us must obey the law... as it is written not as we see it..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast