In Support Of A Gun Ban?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Support Of A Gun Ban?

In Support Of A Gun Ban?

If a gun ban of this type were to come up, would you support it?

http://pajamasmedia.com/2007/10/a_gu...rica_needs.php

No! I would not support it. Why? Once a bill of this natures gets in front of congress the final bill would be different. You would be openning Pandoras box. Besides we don't need more laws on the books when we are already have laws that outlook the person. Illegals and spies and terrorists, and drug smugglers. I say enforce the current laws and for congress to stop wasting taxpayers money on creating new phony laws. Their first job is to defend this country and they aren't doing it!
    Don
    Ret. MSgt
    USAF

And why exactly will terrorists comply with this legislation?

Making unenforceable laws does far more harm than good. Haven't we learned this by now? Those with evil intentions will acquire firearms illegally. We can't prevent this via legislation, only mitigate the risk caused by it with good police work and citizen involvement.

By the way, my wife is a national of Japan. She's a tax-paying, law-abiding legal resident of this country and she deserves the privilege to carry a firearm to defend herself. There are millions like her. This bill would stop her from defending herself against violent sexual predators, but would have no effect upon its purported targets.

In short, this bill seems to combine some of the worst logical fallacies of the anti-gun crowd with hysterical anti-immigrant paranoia thrown in.
    Last edited by ishi; 10-05-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Sorry, it's the Department Of Defense and the President's job to defend the country (actually it's everyone's job). It is Congress' job to pass laws and oversee the President. I do agree, however, there are enough laws on the books concerning firearms and they should be staunchly enforced.

Thumbs up

Have you looked at the NICS form you fill out lately?

There are already laws against anybody that is not a U.S. Citizen from purchasing, owning, possessing a firearm...

The ONE good thing about the NICS checks is it keeps illegals and known terrorists from buying, possessing weapons legally...

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

GET IT?

Any gun ban, regardless of class, type etc., is an infringement thereof...

Further, the right to self-preservation by any means necessary is an inalienable right...

The government has no authority over the people, but that which we give them...
    Newt Gingrich on the Constitution...

P.S. Cho Seung-Hui was a naturalized U.S. Citizen...
    Last edited by Bohemian; 10-05-2007 at 05:58 PM.

Bottom line, no law in the past, present or in the future will keep weapons out of the hands of criminals...period!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Bottom line, no law in the past, present or in the future will keep weapons out of the hands of criminals...period!
    Wow, didn't mean to get you yelling. :) However, I agree with you to an extent. We must hold everyone responsible for their actions. Enforce current laws, put criminals behind bars or execute as the case may require.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Oh yeah? try SIZE=7, SUCKA!

:o

No. Wait, let me reconsider: No.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Brought this question up on a couple of other sites, had a good discussion going on one. No I would not support an all out gun ban either, however, I do support enforcing the laws currently on the books and punishing anyone using guns in crimes very harshly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast