Obama's 'civilian national security force'
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama's 'civilian national security force'

Thumbs down Obama's 'civilian national security force'

Perhaps he could also organize the teens of the country into a group and call them brown shirts like the little man with the funny mustache did in the 30's.

Obama's 'civilian national security force'

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

BETWEEN THE LINES
    Barack Obama's plan
    for giant police force
    Exclusive: Joseph Farah exposes senator's desire
    for military-sized 'civilian national security force'

Posted: July 15, 2008
    1:00 am Eastern

By Joseph Farah

With all the reporters covering the major presidential candidates, it amazes me no one ever seems to ask the right questions.

For several days now, WND has been hounding Barack Obama's campaign about a statement he made July 2 in Colorado Springs – a statement that blew my mind, one that has had me scratching my head ever since.

In talking about his plans to double the size of the Peace Corps and nearly quadruple the size of AmeriCorps and the size of the nation's military services, he made this rather shocking (and chilling) pledge: "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

Now, since I've never heard anyone inside or out of government use the phrase "civilian national security force" before, I was more than a little curious about what he has in mind.

Is it possible I am the only journalist in America who sought clarification on this campaign promise?

What does it mean?

If we're going to create some kind of national police force as big, powerful and well-funded as our combined U.S. military forces, isn't this rather a big deal?

I thought Democrats generally believed the U.S. spent too much on the military. How is it possible their candidate is seeking to create some kind of massive but secret national police force that will be even bigger than the Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force put together?

Now, maybe he was misquoted by the Congressional Quarterly and the Chicago Tribune. I guess it's possible. If so, you would think he would want to set the record straight. Maybe he misspoke. That has certainly happened before. Again, why wouldn't the rest of my colleagues show some curiosity about such a major and, frankly, bone-chilling proposition?

Are we talking about creating a police state here?

The U.S. Army alone has nearly 500,000 troops. That doesn't count reserves or National Guard. In 2007, the U.S. Defense budget was $439 billion.

Is Obama serious about creating some kind of domestic security force bigger and more expensive than that?

If not, why did he say it? What did he mean?

So far, despite our attempts to find out, the Obama campaign is not talking.

At this point all I can do is enlist your help – and the help of every other journalist who still thinks the American people have a right to know the specifics about a presidential candidate's biggest and boldest initiatives before the election. I also want to ask radio talk-show hosts across America to start asking this same question. I have a feeling if others join our quest, we might yet get clarification on this proposal from Obama.

Who will Obama appoint to administer this new "civilian national security force"? Where will the money come from? Where in the Constitution does he see justification for the federal government creating such a domestic army?

The questions are endless.

But before we can hope to get to the specifics, we need much more in the way of generalizations from Obama.

Certainly there have been initiatives like this elsewhere – Cuba, the Soviet Union, China, Venezuela, North Korea. But has anything like this ever been proposed in a free country?

I have a feeling there would be more questions from the press if I myself had proposed the creation of something as preposterous as a "civilian national security force" than there has been about this proposal by the presidential candidate currently leading in most of the polls. I'm quite sure I would be hung out to dry as some kind of Nazi thug. Meanwhile, Obama makes this wild suggestion and it is met with a collective yawn from the watchdogs.

Help me out here. What am I missing?

Can I get a hand?
    Last edited by HK4U; 07-16-2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: spelling
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Since he gave no details it would be inappropriate for us to speculate either how wonderful or how horrible this program would be. Hopefully, he'll elaborate on his plans for this force over the course of the campaign.

O.K., I'll just say this one more time; "That guy scares the S#*T out of me!"

Anyone think I'm just paranoid?
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Hitler youth ring a bell? but not armed with guns of course. a national security force made up of spineless liberals who think govt. is the answer.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    O.K., I'll just say this one more time; "That guy scares the S#*T out of me!"

Anyone think I'm just paranoid?
    I don't. He IS scary!
    Stay safe - DW
    NRA Endowment Member
    Retired Fed

Be Afraid!!

" keep your friends close and your enemies closer." i am watching tis guy.

Said it before, gonna say it again:

He's the AntiChrist

Unhappy Obstapo?

When Hitler figured out the army (Reichswehr) he helped rebuild was great for fighting wars but full of new young soldiers who did swear an oath of total allegiance to Der Fuhrer, but inside may have had agendas of their own, with many Brown Coats (Kalifornia's muscle man Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's father was one BTW) who had more loyalty to their founder; a bisexual drunk (Ernst Röhm), who aided Hitler's rise to power but was dispatched along with 83 other senior members of the SA/Brown Shirts, with the remainder sent to camps or to die in penal battalions created for no-win battles and not even part of the regular German Army, some of whom helped along with other members of that order on 'The night of the long knives' (June 30-July 2, 1934), as it became known at the hands of rising SS (Schutzstaffel) stars and mass-murderers of millions over their tenure. Something very close to Obama's version of a large unit of highly trained automatons to do only one job: obey any order without hesitation involving the mass eradiation, displacement or 'civil unrest control' using military platforms from bombing entire areas out of existence to pitching M2A2 Bradley Fighting Vehicles and close air support of Apache attack helicopters or even chemical weapons to take out angry civilian masses gathered in a town square, or hiding out in the boonies maybe close to you by this time next year. Very well equipped and very well paid White House appointed district commanders responsible for entire sections of these United States running 24/7 smaller but just as well kitted-out mobile death-squads and even a more cult driven inner personal body-guard group of personal body guards allowed into the inner sanctums of the halls of power toting arms as their loyalty is that well established and proven. Louis Farrakhan and his ilk comes to mind and this Obamination of AmeriKa gone very wrong bears a look see if U can spot any anti-white, pro-radical Muslim agendas anywhere here: Nation of Islam activists on Obama camp payroll) to protect the boss called the Fedayeen, or in English 'Men of Sacrifice'. Men are so trusted and fanatical they act as a human shield when their ammo runs out and do not take prisoners. Back in the 1930's they were the Gestapo (Geheime Staatspolizei), and now that role could easily be given to the Nation of Islam, which will follow Obama to keep an eye on how well these new law enforcers perform duties only ruthless immoral sadists could call a job or have the lack the humanity to perform without guilt or a second thought. In 1934 whose rising stars and consumate 'Yes-Men' included the Final Solution architects: Himmler, Goebels or Heidrich, acting on direct orders from dear old Alolph. Next year men very like these long-gone ****-heads may be acting against any Americans who clings to their regional/cultural values and norms, religious teachings, or violates anything but strict adherence to the political correctness of a new president turned dictator. Hitler desperately needed a Praetorian Guard unit of ruthless and brainwashed corps of such men (and some women) who only existed to serve the whims of the boss, lived outside of any laws which they made up to fit the situation. Those same people can be found today, many fill our jails and are skilled in dispatching humans. Felons who have a love for power and given a clean slate/new start with a licence to do almost anything they wish to anyone or anything, or back into the slammer they go if they fail the training. Clones of who Hitler used. Hitler needed an armed political body-guard corps who policed the German people, reported on the German army regular soldiers slightest complaints or hints of disagreement with orders that by Stalingrad stopped making much sense, could run special ops like racial/political cleansing (Auschwitz and the other death or slave labor camps), did not answer to the normal military chain of command and to no civilian one, but were in fact regional commanders, with an SS Captain or Gestapo (government non-uniformed personal representative of Der Fuhrer), telling a Field Marshall what to do or the consequences of just 1 call back to Berlin if they refused. Ruthless men acting independently who were above the German police force scope of control or even cooperation, could not be charged for any criminal acts and were assigned duties ranging from concentration camp guards to tag-alongs who deployed with whole units that would engage enemy units ignoring all rules of land warfare. Waffen SS: at least four corps and 13 divisions for the better part of 1944. Well over 100,000 men who fought from tanks to infantry with little regard but to victory or death trying, amongst the highest fatality rates of any German army unit ever matched with their no quarter asked nor given dogma, domestic in every German or occupied city, or moving with the normal forces as the political advisors who would shoot a German soldier trying to surrender rather than let that soldier become a disgraced coward who chose life in a POW camp or slow death in a Soviet gulag over certain quick death at the hands of allies moving in from all sides by 1944. A new form of armed enforcers was needed and BHO is now thinking along those very same lines! HELLO!!! So the SS and Gestapo was born out of a need to use full military power on military and civilians alike with millions of dead to the mark the tattoo the SS wore on their forearms as the only I.D. needed in or out of uniform to do whatever they wanted and walk away free and legal. A unit that would come in very handy for a new U.S. president who wanted to treat Americans as totally for him or totally dead if it suited his needs against his 'changes'. Today this is exactly like the religious police who enforce secular codes of conduct within nations like (allied) Saudi Arabia, above the law yet able to beat a person to death or chop off a limb or head for missing any of the 5 prayer times per day or drinking a beer when they are out in force. Built on a model of absolute terror answering only to the nation's top ruler or cleric, in many Muslim states one and the same person. Picture fully kitted military trained, best weapons and equipment para-military units of these ruthless inhuman wolves moving around our nation, assigned wherever our troops are home or overseas, but seldom on front-line duty where even a rumor of complaint is all it takes for these goons to break any law and do anything their senior officers tell them to, with no fear that their actions will ever be judged as anything but the will of Obama translated down to interment camps for folks like me who post to the net, or maybe you for owning a gun, or not watching state run T.V. and towing the line of those too scared to act in any way but full compliance, knowing your actions will also result in the round-up and interment of friends and family who had nothing to do with whatever brought you to the attention of these Obstapo goons.
    Take some military types who don't fit in with their units because they act like lone wolves, always in trouble and unhappy with their chain of command, give them 3 months of terror training and double their pay, kit them out with better weapons than even our Special-Ops units have and do not bind them to any rules like the UCMJ or any civilian laws, and in a year you will have maybe 20K willing volunteers who get off on safer rear duty rounding-up, interrogating and torturing their victims and you now have the type of unit that maintains the changes Obama talks about at the cost of all your rights under a re-written emergency powers executive mandate over-riding any Constitution or Amendment protection that come at you with the spin that they were formed to keep radicals (like me and you) from upsetting or disrupting the peace that absolute terror has always brought to those who are forced to live under it. Behind door 1 is immediate eradication of the offender and all he or she loves with all tangible assets or property forfeit to the government. Behind door two is a round up for lesser crimes like wearing the wrong T-shirt then an indefinite stay of forced labor in a reeducation camps far from prying eyes that looks and is administered very much like a concentration camp model, or death camp for those whose labor is needed but within a year death takes them any number of ways, and behind door # 3, U.S. citizens selling up and beating feet for nations claiming political asylum that may turn out worse than the quicker death of an M16 round thru the head for tagging a poster of Obama's smiling face on every bill-board and building that will probably soon follow his rise to power. Every nut-job B 4 has carpeted their enslaved populations with portraits of the tyrant who will bring you change all right. Never happen? Stick around and watch America's voting people give their freedoms away just like 17,300,000 Germans did in 1933 who faced similar problems like few jobs, a nation facing run-away inflation, bankruptcy, forclosures and no hope for help from anyone outside and the hatred of most of the world just for being who we are. Name a nut from Nero to Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Mao, Pol-Pot, Ho-Chi Minh, Saddam or the current smiling faces in many lands bill-boards who 'lovingly' watch over the changes that made their subjects dead or compliant out of the most basic human need for survival at almost any cost. Heavy stuff.
    I put some work into this post. Why? The subject bears just too many similarities to so many true historical events, and like Obama who slipped and recently mentioned he had "visited all 57 States", may just have forgotten how those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them, or that message is the one maybe he hopes will happen and he can pull it off where (almost) every despot before him has failed, and the real blame if this turns into 'Gulag Amerika' will be those who voted for him who maybe need this reminder e-mailed to them. Another long post but if it's size bothers you or it's content upsets you, vote Obama and wait around for his "changes'!
    Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Canis-Lupus

Probably a more modern version of this is the neighborhood spy system popularized by Cuba. The left's fascination with Cuba amazes, annoys and scares me.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    I put some work into this post.
    That is apparent and appreciated. You might consider a summary paragraph at the top for those of us without the stamina for a very long post.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast