Daley's $1 mil. push to buy back guns misfires
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daley's $1 mil. push to buy back guns misfires

Daley's $1 mil. push to buy back guns misfires

Mayor Daley wants to raise $1 million to buy back guns and remove them from Chicago streets, but the latest in a string of corporate fund-raisers got off to a slow start.

Sources said former Board of Education President Michael Scott was asked to co-sign a wave of fund-raising letters and make fund-raising phone calls after the initial response was lukewarm from a business community that's also being called upon to bankroll Chicago's 2016 Olympic bid.

Suntimes
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't
    pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for,
    protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend
    our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it
    was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

"We The People"

"The Pro Gun Blog"

Ill take $10,000 for my old muzzel loader. $100. might get him a bb gun.

If he really wanted to do something to curb crime he would take the million bucks and buy as many law abiding citizens in Chicago as he could a gun and their first box of ammo. When you have insane patients running the assylum you get Chicago.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

"If he really wanted to do something to curb crime"--- HK4U--You win the prize--He doesn't--He's just looking to further His "Moronic" campaign against the 2nd---probably a shot at a higher office, or the padding of the wallet!!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't
    pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for,
    protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend
    our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it
    was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

"We The People"

"The Pro Gun Blog"

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    If he really wanted to do something to curb crime he would take the million bucks and buy as many law abiding citizens in Chicago as he could a gun and their first box of ammo. When you have insane patients running the assylum you get Chicago.

+1 HK. That was exactly what I was thinking.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

And to think, this idiot actually tried to use taxpayer money to establish a 100-mile gun-free zone centered in Chicago, which would have included my hometown of Gary, which is in Indiana, as well as southeastern Wisconsin. Who in the hell does this guy think he is? Thank goodness common sense prevailed in this case, but to this day, he continues to stop at nothing to make the rest of Illinois as bad as Chicago is. At least downstate Illinois politicians, both Democrat and Republican, have the guts to stand up to him and keep him from spreading his Nazi vision of a gun-free "utopia" to the rest of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    HK those are words of wisdom. unfortunately wise people in office seem to be very hard to come by.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

You guys aren't getting it

If the citizens become armed, and crime drops
    they would need to downsize the gest.. I mean police force
    now how would the mayor justify where all those million$$$ are going ?
    You all want him to put all his friends out of a job ?
    How selfish of you guys ................

10. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Chicago, New York, Cali.
    They all say the same junk and the quote twisted surveys and say guns kill people, BULL!
    Every place in the world that has an armed citizenry has LESS crime.

The United Nations met this week trying to disarm the WORLD, yes the WORLD.
    They enable all the dictators they love so much to abuse their populous and control their countries through fear and death!

Some of our leaders here are not much better than this tin pot despots and in any example of this you see one thing, controlling the people to maintain the power they have.

Mayor Daly is no better than any other world scumball!

WHAT??? There are guns in Chicago to buy???? I thought there was some sort of ban on guns in Chicago. Surely all the citizens there properly disposed of their firearms as soon as the ban took effect. ;)

I'm with you too HK4U--that place is nuts. Mayor Daley doesn't care about lowering crime, only pushing his agenda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast