D.C. v. Heller: It's not about Guns, It's About Self-Governance, Safer Streets

Thread: D.C. v. Heller: It's not about Guns, It's About Self-Governance, Safer Streets

D.C. v. Heller: It's not about Guns, It's About Self-Governance, Safer Streets

By John Longenecker

There is no such thing as a sensible gun law, and gun bans are a fake-out fraud and abuse of power. Unwind Gun Bans and you begin to unwind other abuses so adverse to Family and Liberty.

Buckeye Firearms Assoc.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't
    pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for,
    protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend
    our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it
    was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

"We The People"

"The Pro Gun Blog"

Yes sir this is what I have been saying all along.Self government requires morals and some of our society has rejected them.

Exactly. I have been preaching this for a long time. The real reason behind most of those pushing for a ban on firearms is not to reduce crime. They know full well it will not reduce crime. Except for a few uneducated sheeple those behind gun controle are for people controle. Their agenda for us, to be accomplished, requires we be disarmed.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

When you dis-arm the people--they are easy subjects to impose your wishes upon. No tyrant is his right mind would allow his subjects to own firearms, and no "Unarmed People Can Defend Themselves Against a Corrupt Government" ---Hey---Just a thought!!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't
    pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for,
    protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend
    our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it
    was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

"We The People"

"The Pro Gun Blog"

I was applauding the day the Supreme Court "supposedly" overturned the D.C. gun ban, but after the D.C. city council's recent actions, D.C. is just as inhabitable to law abiding gun owners (if there really is such a thing there) as it was before Heller. It continues to have America's worst gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I was applauding the day the Supreme Court "supposedly" overturned the D.C. gun ban, but after the D.C. city council's recent actions, D.C. is just as inhabitable to law abiding gun owners (if there really is such a thing there) as it was before Heller. It continues to have America's worst gun laws.
    +1 to that. I was in the car going home from a camping trip the day of the ruling. I checked the news on my phone and the ruling was in and I was cheering in the car. and look what it changed... very very little. I hope the pro rights people there will not stand for this nonsense.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    +1 to that. I was in the car going home from a camping trip the day of the ruling. I checked the news on my phone and the ruling was in and I was cheering in the car. and look what it changed... very very little. I hope the pro rights people there will not stand for this nonsense.
    DC will have to be forced to comply with the decision, it seems they can't understand a world in which their view might be wrong. But for us all: SCOTUS ruled that the 2nd Amendment recognized a personal right. That is a huge change in the limits which can be place on government intrusion into our lives. Courts don't pass legislation, they interpret it. It will take years and many court cases before the newly recognized limits are defined and laws rewritten / struck down. We just need to be patient and continue the struggle, there are a number of court cases now entering the courts which will more directly affect our daily lives.

I'm thinking now is a good time to explain the 'new' rights the SCOTUS finally recognized to people and encourage them to buy guns, get a CCW, join pro-gun rights groups, etc. This is a bad time for complacency.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Great Article

Great Article thanks for posting it!

The only sensible gun law...

is the one that doesn't exhist...

11. People need to remember that history repeats itself.

One of the first sets of laws the Hitler government passed in Germany was "Gun Control", and we all know how that turned out.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"