Dang; What the heck????

Thread: Dang; What the heck????

Exclamation Dang; What the heck????

GUN-SEIZURE LAWSUIT
    By PHILIP MESSING
    ARMS CONFLICT: Gabriel Razzano claims Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (pictured) had cops illegally confiscate his guns a day after he visited her office.

Last updated: 7:27 am
    July 21, 2008
    Posted: 4:42 am
    July 21, 2008

An outspoken Long Island gun owner's home was raided by Nassau County detectives, who seized two dozen weapons he lawfully owns just one day after Rep. Carolyn McCarthy's office made a 911 call about him.

Freeport resident Gabriel Razzano claims he was targeted in the spring raid for his "unpopular" political beliefs.

He's now filed a $5 million federal lawsuit against the Nassau PD and McCarthy, charging they joined forces to strip him of his guns unconstitutionally.

The case pits Razzano against McCarthy, the most outspoken gun-control advocate in Congress. A crazed gunman murdered her husband in the infamous 1993 Long Island Rail Road Massacre.

The flap arose on March 19, when Razzano visited McCarthy's Garden City office to discuss an article about an illegal immigrant who was deported but was later nabbed in Freeport for the attempted murder of a cop.

"The office staff felt that Razzano's behavior was disruptive and threatening," said Lt. Kevin Smith, a police spokesman.

Razzano's home was raided the next morning.

I hope this guy wins and wins big!!!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

An outspoken Long Island gun owner's home was raided by Nassau County detectives, who seized two dozen weapons he lawfully owns just one day after Rep. Carolyn McCarthy's office made a 911 call about him.

Should that read Nazi county detectives?

Freeport resident Gabriel Razzano claims he was targeted in the spring raid for his "unpopular" political beliefs.

Guess that means most of us here are in trouble.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. Question

There's GOT to be more to this story that we're not hearing. How did they find out about his guns, and if LEGALLY owned, why confiscate?? Did he make a threat against the congresswoman or member of her staff? Why would he go to her office instead of calling in his complaint? Does this guy have a history with McCarthy that didn't hit the papers?

I'm not taking McCarthy's side in this - believe me when i say I have no love for her or her anti-gun agenda. But, am I the ONLY one who thinks this story strange?
    Stay safe - DW
    NRA Endowment Member
    Retired Fed

Exclamation NRA/ILA had the article

on the website. They normally don't run BS stories. I think if they are involved there is a good chance it is true.

One thing to consider...Absolute power corrupts absolutely
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Doesn't this prove what we gun owners have known all along, that registration (and PRNY is one of the states that has a gun registry) leads to confiscation? In this case the police knew that his home had guns and how many of them there would be; nevertheless, that by itself did not justify them taking his firearms. From what I can tell, the firearms were not used in any crime, so why were they confiscated?
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 07-22-2008 at 03:07 PM.

Please post a link if you have it.

And, yes, I hope this guy wins big time--it would be a great message reinforcing recognition of gun rights.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

This one is going to be very interesting to follow! I hope Razzano wins and they award him $50 million.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

If this is all true, i definitely hope he wins, but come on, 5 million, people are getting a little out of control with suing, pretty soon its going to get to the point were if you look at someone wrong your going to be paying them 1 million in restitution.

Quote Originally Posted by MissPriss View Post
    If this is all true, i definitely hope he wins, but come on, 5 million, people are getting a little out of control with suing, pretty soon its going to get to the point were if you look at someone wrong your going to be paying them 1 million in restitution.
    you've got a point with that... but he should get something for sure. I hope he wins and sends a message.. who knows.. if he does get 5 mil maybe others will think twice about being stupid?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!