Gun Control=Hillbilly - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun Control=Hillbilly

1. Gun Control

I have seen and heard of places that if you are carrying concealed and hte wind lifts the tail of your jacket, exposing your piece, you can be arrested for brandishing.
    I was at a swap meet one time when I was legally carrying a Colt .45ACP in Condition 1, cocked and locked. Some snowbird from back in cold country where they do not allow people to go armed approached me and asked if that wasn't dangerous, with the hammer back like that. I looked her straight in the eye and said, "Why, yes ma'am, it is very dangerous.... for any idiot brave enough to try to attack me or anyone else here." I pointed to the six-pointed star on my belt, then she seemed to think all was right with the world.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    I work in the worlp of politics and we have a saying that paraphrases your thoughts.

"It doesn't have to be true, it only has to be said"
    and this is how the world is ran
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

4. Tell a lie long enough and you will believe it.

Speaking as a proud Hillbilly, I would suggest that you find another word to imply ignorance. I would suggest "buckeye."

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    I have seen and heard of places that if you are carrying concealed and hte wind lifts the tail of your jacket, exposing your piece, you can be arrested for brandishing.
    I was at a swap meet one time when I was legally carrying a Colt .45ACP in Condition 1, cocked and locked. Some snowbird from back in cold country where they do not allow people to go armed approached me and asked if that wasn't dangerous, with the hammer back like that. I looked her straight in the eye and said, "Why, yes ma'am, it is very dangerous.... for any idiot brave enough to try to attack me or anyone else here." I pointed to the six-pointed star on my belt, then she seemed to think all was right with the world.
    I can't imagine someone's sidearm becoming exposed in that manner and not being able to beat the brandishing charge in court. Accidental exposure actually shouldn't be illegal in most states, due to the fact that most states do allow open carry, and as long as the weapon does not leave its holster, you're okay.
    What are the places you're talking about where this can get you a brandishing charge?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123