Obama Echoes Reagan in Call for Global Unity
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Echoes Reagan in Call for Global Unity

Thumbs down Obama Echoes Reagan in Call for Global Unity

If this does not raise the hackles on the back of your neck I don't know what does. He is a globalist elitist, one world government kind of guy.

ABC News: 'People of the World, This Is Our Moment': Obama Draws 200,000+ in Berlin

"I come to Berlin as so many of my countrymen have come before. Tonight, I speak to you not as a candidate for president, but as a citizen -- a proud citizen of the United States, and a fellow citizen of the world," Obama said, standing before Berlin's famed Victory Column in Berlin.

"People of Berlin – people of the world – this is our moment. This is our time," he said.

"America cannot turn inward. That is why Europe cannot turn inward. America has no better partner than Europe. Now is the time to build new bridges across the globe as strong as the one that bound us across the Atlantic. Now is the time to join together, through constant cooperation, strong institutions, shared sacrifice, and a global commitment to progress, to meet the challenges of the 21st century," Obama said.

"Yes, there have been differences between America and Europe," he said, "But the burdens of global citizenship continue to bind us together.

Let us build on our common history, and seize our common destiny, and once again engage in that noble struggle to bring justice and peace to our world."

ABC news talked to some of the Germans as they were leaving. Many praised Obama. One made the statement "He is my new messiah". Kind of scary don't you think?

So there you have it. The above views are Obama's. The following are those of a patriot

The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is, in
    extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political
    connection as possible. So far as we have already formed engagements, let
    them be fulfilled with perfect good faith. Here let us stop.

Europe has a set of primary interests, which to us have none, or a very
    remote relation. Hence she must be engaged in frequent controversies, the
    causes of which are essentially foreign to our concerns. Hence therefore,
    it must be unwise in us to implicate ourselves, by artificial ties, in the
    ordinary vicissitudes of her politics, or the ordinary combinations and
    collisions of her friendships or enmities.

Our detached and distant situation invites and enables us to pursue a
    different course. If we remain one people, under an efficient government,
    the period is not far off, when we may defy material injury from external
    annoyance; when we may take such an attitude as will cause the neutrality
    we may at any time resolve upon, to be scrupulously respected; when
    belligerent nations, under the impossibility of making acquisitions upon
    us, will not lightly hazard the giving us provocation; when we may choose
    peace or war, as our interest, guided by justice, shall counsel.

Why forego the advantages of so peculiar a situation? Why quit our own to
    stand upon foreign ground? Why, by interweaving our destiny with that of
    any part of Europe, entangle our peace and prosperity in the toils of
    European ambition, rivalship, interest, humor, or caprice?

`Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any
    portion of the foreign world; so far, I mean, as we are now at liberty to
    do it; for let me not be understood as capable of patronizing infidelity
    to existing engagements. I hold the maxim no less applicable to public
    than to private affairs, that honesty is always the best policy. I repeat
    it therefore, let those engagements be observed in their genuine sense.
    But, in my opinion, it is unnecessary and would be unwise to extend them.

From George Washington's Farewell address.
    Last edited by HK4U; 07-25-2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: grammer
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Saying he echoed Reagan would be giving Obama way too much credit. This nutjob reminds me a lot more of another certain famous leader who was all for unity and was just crazy about Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Saying he echoed Reagan would be giving Obama way too much credit. This nutjob reminds me a lot more of another certain famous leader who was all for unity and was just crazy about Germany.

Obama makes you think about Pope Pius XII?
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Makes me think of something like the antichrist. If the frogs like him we are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Obama makes you think about Pope Pius XII?
    I was thinking about Hitler.

I understand everyone's apprehension about Obama being this close to the White House, but don't you think it's a bit extreme to hint at him being like Hitler? I'll admit that the idea of a President Obama in the White House makes me nervous, but never in a million years would I hint at a comparison to Adolf Hitler when there really is no evidence of any.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I understand everyone's apprehension about Obama being this close to the White House, but don't you think it's a bit extreme to hint at him being like Hitler? I'll admit that the idea of a President Obama in the White House makes me nervous, but never in a million years would I hint at a comparison to Adolf Hitler when there really is no evidence of any.
    There actually are similarities. First though, much of Hitler's insanity was actually drug-induced by his crazy doctors. He was just a very angry white supremacist until he became a drug addict. So, I'm talking about Hitler before he ran totally off the deep end.

• Extreme, virtually unquestioned popularity which the individual does not attempt to dispel.
    • Highly idealistic visions with detailed inner workings that are, in reality, extremely unrealistic. These are often different from the "status quo" plan of the day, but are untested and likely unworkable.
    • Surrounding oneself with many questionable figures - more questionable than normal. Obama has been linked to his racist preacher, Weathermen terrorists who helped in his Illinois State Senate campaign...why these kinds of people? I can understand the Rezko link; that was money, property and power. But terrorists and racists? Why? That's unnecessary.
    • Obama lives in a bubble of people who do not question him. GWB exists in a similar bubble of fanatical RNC cronies. Not every president has completely bought into their circle of ass-kissers, but some do. They take anything he even has as an idea, and convince him that he's completely infallible and the public supports his position wholeheartedly, except for "the traitors" on the other side. I've met these people (on the GOP side), and they have the insulating mindset that causes tyranny. You see where that got us? $2 trillion in the hole, thousands of soldiers in the ground, etc.

Now I'm not saying that Obama is right now planning to put us all in camps and start seizing guns the day after he gets sworn in and has Obama's Master Plan of World Domination mapped out on a wall. But, his behavior and world view, combined with the desire of many liberals to "compensate" for the Bush years, has a high chance of leading us into some fairly serious oppression. I can see where we could get there through a short series of events and some public outrage.

Granted, Obama is a lefty...so he'd be more like Opposite Hitler, with oppression in the other direction. Everything will be framed as "let's live with one and the world" rather than "get those dirty whoevers". Might want to dust off your UN charter...

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post

The one similarity that does strike me is the way Obama seems to draw crowds and how they seem to be enthralled with him. The one German citizen leaving after the speech that made the statement "He is my new Messiah" is really scary. Germany thought the same of Hitler.
    Last edited by HK4U; 07-27-2008 at 12:11 PM. Reason: grammer
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Angry think on this...

this guy is a lousy 2 bit senator from illinois, who HAS NOT EVEN COMPLETED HIS FIRST TERM AS A U.S. SENATOR AND HE IS NOW THE LEADING CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDET AND WHO WILL TAKE HIS OATH ON A KORAN INSTEAD OF A BIBLE?!! WHO IS PULING THE STRINGS?! SOMETHING SMELLS LIKE ******!!!!!

11. Smells like s--t looks like s--t must be fertilizer. He does not have a clue,but he will and the hightest bidder wins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast