Another "Self defense-free-zone" attacked - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another "Self defense-free-zone" attacked

1. I'm wondering why you felt it necessary to post your add-on called "Info." Are you holding them up to ridicule with our particular "demographics" as, generally, conservative gun-owners? It would seem so to me, otherwise why post it? I would hate to think it was posted as some sort of veiled "they deserved it" remark, and refuse to think that it was. Still...

They are the victims here, and I don't think their beliefs or the tenets of their sect or denomination should enter into discussions about what happened to them.

Perhaps I am misreading your intentions. If so, I will be quick to offer apologies for ruffled feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoots Running View Post
    Perhaps I am misreading your intentions. If so, I will be quick to offer apologies for ruffled feathers.
    I was accused of badly naming this thread because I did not do my homework beforehand. I added the information to support the fact that they are a LIBERAL church and that because of the false information they are being fed, their church is a psychological "gun free zone".

NEVER would I believe, let alone post, any feeling that they "Had it coming". Quite the contrary...I am frustrated that these people were misled into dangerous and ultimately fatal beliefs. They were really victims twice.
    "Chance Favors the Prepared Mind"

Please visit my Blog @ http://blaahblaahblog.wordpress.com/

4. OK. Thanks. Might have been better (that ol' 20-20 hindsight!) to have said THAT along with the post.

Quakers are that way, too, you know. And quite a few other groups. I have to say that I still think you were "going after" them to some extent. You certainly have that right.

But let's not get into a thing. Let it pass in the interests of the many points of AGREEMENT that we surely have.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofreakinyah View Post
    I was accused of badly naming this thread because I did not do my homework beforehand. I added the information to support the fact that they are a LIBERAL church and that because of the false information they are being fed, their church is a psychological "gun free zone".

NEVER would I believe, let alone post, any feeling that they "Had it coming". Quite the contrary...I am frustrated that these people were misled into dangerous and ultimately fatal beliefs. They were really victims twice.
    When you created this thread, I'm certain that you weren't referring to the church as a victim disarmament zone in the psychological sense, because if you were, you would have said so knowing that churches are in fact not off limits to permit holders in TN. As for the church being liberal, you have absolutely no evidence of what the members are being taught regarding RKBA, so make absolutely sure you know what you're talking about before you start mentioning all these hypotheticals; for all you know this church could be more pro gun than you are. Finally, two people are dead and all you are doing is ridiculing them for being members of that church; it's almost as if you are blaming their deaths on them being members of a denomination that you claim is anti gun. I agree that this church's teachings are questionable at best, but it is totally inappropriate for you to be ridiculing the church and not the gunman.

Are You Kidding Me?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    When you created this thread, I'm certain that you weren't referring to the church as a victim disarmament zone in the psychological sense, because if you were, you would have said so knowing that churches are in fact not off limits to permit holders in TN. As for the church being liberal, you have absolutely no evidence of what the members are being taught regarding RKBA, so make absolutely sure you know what you're talking about before you start mentioning all these hypotheticals; for all you know this church could be more pro gun than you are. Finally, two people are dead and all you are doing is ridiculing them for being members of that church; it's almost as if you are blaming their deaths on them being members of a denomination that you claim is anti gun. I agree that this church's teachings are questionable at best, but it is totally inappropriate for you to be ridiculing the church and not the gunman.
    It must be an amazing burden for you being the smartest man in the room at all times. How exactly is it that you are certain about something you know nothing about? And how exactly is it that you know what "evidence" I have about anything? Your arrogance and ignorance are astounding. My brother and Siter-in-Law ARE Unitarian Universalists and I know exactly what crap they are fed. That's my evidence. I've spent years trying to talk sense and debating their beliefs with my Brother.

Ridiculing them? For God's sake. I have read and re-read my original post and every other. Where the Hell are you reading ridicule? You didn't even take that stance until it was somehow mentioned by someone else. How can frustration and sadness over unnecessary, preventable deaths...possibly be confused with ridicule.

UNBELIEVABLE! I was so excited to finally find a forum that was filled with people that held intelligent, logical opinions where I could discuss extremely important issues with fellow mebers of a common cause...and I am attacked by a fellow member based upon "the wording of a thread title." Then he is going to question all of my intentions and thoughts as if he knows them better than I. Seems there is always at least one elitist egomaniac in every forum that needs to constantly remind everyone in the room how incredibly smart and wise he is regardless of the actual facts. You can have your room Brother. Hopefully all of your sheep will stay and give you your daily stroke.
    Last edited by Boofreakinyah; 07-29-2008 at 03:57 AM.
    "Chance Favors the Prepared Mind"

Please visit my Blog @ http://blaahblaahblog.wordpress.com/

Here in SC, we have to have the "Leaders of the Church" approve carrying in the Church. My church is currently starting a Security Committee, and this is a topic that is coming up.

I think it is imperative to have armed members in the church, as well as having a few that do "rounds" during the service - especially towards the back of the church, where Childrens Church and the Nursery are located.
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

Quote Originally Posted by Boofreakinyah View Post
    It must be an amazing burden for you being the smartest man in the room at all times. How exactly is it that you are certain about something you know nothing about? And how exactly is it that you know what "evidence" I have about anything? Your arrogance and ignorance are astounding. My brother and Siter-in-Law ARE Unitarian Universalists and I know exactly what crap they are fed. That's my evidence. I've spent years trying to talk sense and debating their beliefs with my Brother.

Ridiculing them? For God's sake. I have read and re-read my original post and every other. Where the Hell are you reading ridicule? You didn't even take that stance until it was somehow mentioned by someone else. How can frustration and sadness over unnecessary, preventable deaths...possibly be confused with ridicule.

UNBELIEVABLE! I was so excited to finally find a forum that was filled with people that held intelligent, logical opinions where I could discuss extremely important issues with fellow mebers of a common cause...and I am attacked by a fellow member based upon "the wording of a thread title." Then he is going to question all of my intentions and thoughts as if he knows them better than I. Seems there is always at least one elitist egomaniac in every forum that needs to constantly remind everyone in the room how incredibly smart and wise he is regardless of the actual facts. You can have your room Brother. Hopefully all of your sheep will stay and give you your daily stroke.

Whoa, calm down there, Boofreakinyah! Without turning this thread into a flame war, I am not being elitist; I'm just simply calling it as I see it. It would seem to me that if you want to discuss the church and its liberal inclinations, the place for that would be in the off topic section, not in 2nd amendment issues. Even still, I am not being elitist in explaining how disrespectful I believe it is to the victims to be railing against the church and not against the gunman when the most important issue at hand is the fact that two innnocent people lost their lives. To me what we should be discussing is not the church and its teachings, but how something like this can be prevented in the future, whether it is against a virulently anti gun church denomination or anyone else.

As for the church and its teachings, news did just break that the gunman's motive was indeed the fact that the church taught things that he did not agree with. In the wake of that information, indeed a separate forum on that would be a good idea, as long as we all show respect for the innocent victims.
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 07-29-2008 at 10:38 AM.

why is it when either talk of politics or religion, an argument takes place? I will not discuss ether as you can not argue with a fool. I'm outtahere!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

10. No more skunk fights, guys.

I thought Bookfreakinyah was wrong to post as he did and told him so. He responded. We don't agree with each other. So what? Let's move on

We have too much in common -- not to mention "at stake" -- to get in pissin' contests that don't ultimately matter.

Can't we all just get along.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast