Heller Files Suit Against DC New Gun Laws 7-28-08 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heller Files Suit Against DC New Gun Laws 7-28-08

Quote Originally Posted by LeavingMass View Post
    I don't know what the cost of living and type of life is in VA, but I'm asking myself the same question
    Why they don't just move to VA.
    Well, what are you waiting for? Your handle tells me that you're ready, so what's holding you back?

Seriously though, I just don't understand how the PRTA (People's Republic of Taxachusstts), PRDC, and all the other people's republics out there are able to get away with what they're putting all law abiding gun owners through. Sure, it's up to us freedom lovers to fight for change, but sometimes it's easier to just leave and go somewhere where you don't have to put up with such crap. The great state of Virginia is one of those places.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Well, what are you waiting for? Your handle tells me that you're ready, so what's holding you back? .....
    4 year commitment = college

4 year commitment = college
    What part of PRTA do you go to school in? I don't suppose it's possible for you to commute there from either Vermont or New Hampshire, is it?

I don't know what the cost of living and type of life is in VA, but I'm asking myself the same question
    Why they don't just move to VA.
    Its alot beter than living in DC, trust me.
    If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.
    Ted Nugent

Hopefully this want take too long to get a ruling. Since the Circuit court deemed their laws unconstitutional and the Supreme Court upheld it the Circuit court should uphold this new lawsuit. I doubt the Supreme Court will have to weight in since they have already made their ruling. If for some reason the Circuit court sides with DC then the Supreme Court will probably revisit the complaint.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

hey, doc!!

cream and sugar for thetea?

8. Quote Originally Posted by 1911Jon View Post
    Clearly....

People who know nothing about the operation of guns should not be permitted to draft laws regulating them. They ought to have some professional 1911 shooters demonstrate how fast one can drop a mag and replace it with a new one. 8, 16, 24, 32 rounds...maybe then they'll realize how stupid the law is.
    Yeah, and then they'd try to pass laws requiring fixed magazines and load-from-the-top stripper clips a la Bolo Mauser!

Somehow, I get the feeling that if the Supreme Court were to issue a blanket ruling repealing all gun control laws, or if the President were to issue an executive order to that effect, DC would still try to do everything it could to defy it. This godforsaken place is an abomination to the very concept of liberty and can only be made to comply by federal authorities. Don't hold your breaths on that, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoots Running View Post
    Yeah, and then they'd try to pass laws requiring fixed magazines and load-from-the-top stripper clips a la Bolo Mauser!
    Geez... don't be giving them any ideas, that would make WAYYYY to much sense to them!

11. These people are raceist they only want criminals to have guns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast