The duplicity and dishonesty of politicians is boundless. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: The duplicity and dishonesty of politicians is boundless.

  1. #21

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    He speaks well, not good :)
    I stand corrected
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Let's see: He's anti gun, pro abortion, anti drilling, wants to raise taxes, wants to impose a "windfall profits tax" on businesses that make "too much" profit (whatever that means), wants taxpayer-funded health care for everyone, including people who make poor lifestlyle choices (such as smokers, alcoholics, drug abusers, and prostitutes), and refuses to allow drilling in ANWR or offshore as a way to decrease our dependence on foreign oil. If this isn't looking at the whole picture, then I don't know what is.
    Let see here. Agree on guns, but he won't do anything to take them away. He's got to much of w bush to clean up after. He personally won't do anything about abortion just like bush. I mean bush has been in there for how long and it is still rampant in america. Its up to the state so abortion is not even an issue. No president will do anything about it. He is anti drilling but would do it if it would really lower gas prices. It would be like 5 to ten years before all those rigs could be built and could actually start shooting some crude oil in the market to lower prices. Thank God he wants a windfall tax. It's about time someone stands up to big oil and makes them pay more taxes since they are the richest people alive. that tax would give you and i a 1000 rebate. he is for taxes on the rich but not for the middle class or poor. The republicans are for the rich people the democrats are for the average joes like all of us here on the website. He is smart about anwar drilling and offshore drilling. We got thousands of acres that already oil company's can use to drill on. its just a ploy for the republicans to try and find something to cry about. Why risk that beautiful place for a little oil that. It won't decrease our dependency on foreign oil either. We should spend all our time and power on long term solutions instead of just drilling our way out for what a little relief. Then we are in the same situation in ten years. Why not start now. Be completely off of foreign oil or maybe oil in general in ten fifteen years. If the republicans want to help you guys out with some relief at the pump they can release those 70 million crude barrels into the market out of the reserve. Going back to the tax thing he actually wants to lower taxes for middle and lower income family's. If you make 250k or more a year then you should complain cause your taxes will be higher when he is elected.

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    Let see here. Agree on guns, but he won't do anything to take them away. He's got to much of w bush to clean up after. He personally won't do anything about abortion just like bush. I mean bush has been in there for how long and it is still rampant in america. Its up to the state so abortion is not even an issue. No president will do anything about it. He is anti drilling but would do it if it would really lower gas prices. It would be like 5 to ten years before all those rigs could be built and could actually start shooting some crude oil in the market to lower prices. Thank God he wants a windfall tax. It's about time someone stands up to big oil and makes them pay more taxes since they are the richest people alive. that tax would give you and i a 1000 rebate. he is for taxes on the rich but not for the middle class or poor. The republicans are for the rich people the democrats are for the average joes like all of us here on the website. He is smart about anwar drilling and offshore drilling. We got thousands of acres that already oil company's can use to drill on. its just a ploy for the republicans to try and find something to cry about. Why risk that beautiful place for a little oil that. It won't decrease our dependency on foreign oil either. We should spend all our time and power on long term solutions instead of just drilling our way out for what a little relief. Then we are in the same situation in ten years. Why not start now. Be completely off of foreign oil or maybe oil in general in ten fifteen years. If the republicans want to help you guys out with some relief at the pump they can release those 70 million crude barrels into the market out of the reserve. Going back to the tax thing he actually wants to lower taxes for middle and lower income family's. If you make 250k or more a year then you should complain cause your taxes will be higher when he is elected.

    . The republicans are for the rich people the democrats are for the average joes like all of us here on the website.

    You did not say that with a straight face did you?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  5. #24
    yeah i did, why you say that?

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    yeah i did, why you say that?
    I am 59 years old. l lived through the Kennedy years. The LBJ commie programs, the Carter foul ups and what can I say about the Clintons? I am sure not rich but I never was any better off under any of them. The only people that were better off were those that did not want to work and expected middle income tax payers to take care of them. It cracks me up when someone talks about the government taking care of someone. Last time I looked the government did not have a money tree in Washington. What they really mean is the government stealing our money at the point of a gun and giving it to worrhless no good bums and throwing it away on crap like the National Endowment for the Arts etc etc Don't get me wrong I am not one that thinks the Republicans are always better either. I still remember Bush #1's "read my lips, no new taxes" NOT. We seem to get the shaft no matter who is in office. Politicians talk about cutting spending, taxes and reducing the budget until they get in office and then find some reason why they can't keep their promises. Remember how you can tell if a politician is telling a lie. If their lips are moving.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  7. What is the differance when you have the presses to make more money. Deffecit or surplus is all BS with no gold standard.

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    What is the differance when you have the presses to make more money. Deffecit or surplus is all BS with no gold standard.
    And the Federal Reserve gets rich when it prints worthless paper money to loan to the USA with high intrest. And you wonder why the national debt keeps going up and the tax payers have to pay more and more.
    Last edited by HK4U; 08-06-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spelling
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Jwtollett21, what in the world do you have against rich people and rich companies? Basically you're saying that the richest Americans, who already paid 37% of their incomes when Clinton raised taxes, should pay more, should pay more? How would that make you feel if you were rich? Raising taxes kinda defeats the purpose of working hard because what ends up happening is that people realize that they are no longer working for themselves, but for the government. Furthermore, as for big oil, what would be the point of being in business if you could not make a profit. Democratic crybabies act as if making large profits is a crime and want to give the oil big companies less of an incentive to be in business by taxing "excessive profits." Again, how much of an incentive do you think you would have to do business if the government increased the amount of taxes you pay?

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Jwtollett21, what in the world do you have against rich people and rich companies? Basically you're saying that the richest Americans, who already paid 37% of their incomes when Clinton raised taxes, should pay more, should pay more? How would that make you feel if you were rich? Raising taxes kinda defeats the purpose of working hard because what ends up happening is that people realize that they are no longer working for themselves, but for the government. Furthermore, as for big oil, what would be the point of being in business if you could not make a profit. Democratic crybabies act as if making large profits is a crime and want to give the oil big companies less of an incentive to be in business by taxing "excessive profits." Again, how much of an incentive do you think you would have to do business if the government increased the amount of taxes you pay?
    Actually got nothing against the rich brother. I plan on being rich by the time I retire anyways. I'm only 25 but I am planning ahead and saving and investing. All I am saying is, lets reverse the bush tax cuts for the super rich and like you say take them back to where they were in the clinton days. I don't think they even asked for those tax cuts in the first place. Again i am not against the rich, i got rich family and stuff. Also, just for the record if I was rich i would seriously lean toward the republican vote.

    The Big oil people are raping us thats whats wrong with that situation. I don't care how much they make but i do if their doing it with your money and mine. I have no problem taxing their butt and giving it back to us. better than that the government should cap the amount that they should be able to charge.

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I am 59 years old. l lived through the Kennedy years. The LBJ commie programs, the Carter foul ups and what can I say about the Clintons? I am sure not rich but I never was any better off under any of them. The only people that were better off were those that did not want to work and expected middle income tax payers to take care of them. It cracks me up when someone talks about the government taking care of someone. Last time I looked the government did not have a money tree in Washington. What they really mean is the government stealing our money at the point of a gun and giving it to worrhless no good bums and throwing it away on crap like the National Endowment for the Arts etc etc Don't get me wrong I am not one that thinks the Republicans are always better either. I still remember Bush #1's "read my lips, no new taxes" NOT. We seem to get the shaft no matter who is in office. Politicians talk about cutting spending, taxes and reducing the budget until they get in office and then find some reason why they can't keep their promises. Remember how you can tell if a politician is telling a lie. If their lips are moving.
    Your right none of them ever do what they say. It's crazy. I may just right in HK4U for president this fall. ha ha. You have to admit whether the clinton day helped you or not. During his eight years he reduced the number of people on welfare in half and put the budget in surplus. My middle class family did good during those years. and i know alot of people who can vouch that those were some good years. What he did with the monica thing was horrible but thats beside the point. I believe he did 9 out of ten things in favor of the working man too. More than any republican ever will. Final note and i feel like i've said it a 100 times here but Mcain voted with the bush administration 89% of the time. He is not going to change anything. Please just don't vote for him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast