Next time someone says....

Thread: Next time someone says....

Wink Next time someone says....

Thanks for the links. I will take a look.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Crime statistics aren't an exact science...they can be measured in a variety of ways. Administrations and LEAs in most major cities will reformulate the way they calculate crime to put themselves in the best possible light. Sometimes the crimes aren't even calculated correctly at all. Here in Jacksonville, we found 60 extra murders just by doing a recount.

• If a criminal commits multiple acts simultaneously, is that a single act or more? For example, a thug rapes, beats, and kills a woman then takes her money and car. Is that a murder, or an assault, battery, rape, robbery, murder and carjacking? Is it a carjacking or just GTA? Does it count as an "attempted kidnapping"?
    • If five thugs commit the same act, is it one instance, multiple instances or what?
    • Is a self-defense shooting counted as a "homicide"? Most SAs count it that way.
    • What's a "violent homicide"? Does that include smothering, poisoning, etc?

From everything I've heard, the US tends to be lower in property crime. We're probably lower in other categories as well, but higher in terms of your chance of dying as a result of getting shot.

This is really a case of there being no such thing as a utopia. If everyone went OC, we wouldn't have incredibly low crime, any more than if there were no guns at all. A society is either going to have high property crime and low murder/violence (Vietnam, Cambodia, etc) or high violence and low property crime (US and UK, comparatively). Your crime is going to come from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Crime statistics aren't an exact science...they can be measured in a variety of ways. Administrations and LEAs in most major cities will reformulate the way they calculate crime to put themselves in the best possible light. Sometimes the crimes aren't even calculated correctly at all. Here in Jacksonville, we found 60 extra murders just by doing a recount.

• If a criminal commits multiple acts simultaneously, is that a single act or more? For example, a thug rapes, beats, and kills a woman then takes her money and car. Is that a murder, or an assault, battery, rape, robbery, murder and carjacking? Is it a carjacking or just GTA? Does it count as an "attempted kidnapping"?
    • If five thugs commit the same act, is it one instance, multiple instances or what?
    • Is a self-defense shooting counted as a "homicide"? Most SAs count it that way.
    • What's a "violent homicide"? Does that include smothering, poisoning, etc?

From everything I've heard, the US tends to be lower in property crime. We're probably lower in other categories as well, but higher in terms of your chance of dying as a result of getting shot.

This is really a case of there being no such thing as a utopia. If everyone went OC, we wouldn't have incredibly low crime, any more than if there were no guns at all. A society is either going to have high property crime and low murder/violence (Vietnam, Cambodia, etc) or high violence and low property crime (US and UK, comparatively). Your crime is going to come from somewhere.

Only thing I know is the more armend citizens you have shooting back the less repeat offenders you will have.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

If the truth was told it would not be P.C. We must be protected from the truth.

Unfortunately, I can find just as many "statistics" showing the other way. It's an inexact, and easily manipulated, science. Our best bet is to stick with known facts based on actual events. Just my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Unfortunately, I can find just as many "statistics" showing the other way. It's an inexact, and easily manipulated, science. Our best bet is to stick with known facts based on actual events. Just my 2 cents worth.
    You're exactly right. Detroit had one of the nation's highest murder rates before Michigan became shall issue, and it continues to have among the highest murder rates since its advent. Same with my hometown of Gary, Indiana.

Look at who make up most of the population in or jails. Is this a fluke or is this a sign of the times. Those numbers don't lie. Monsters come in all colors .

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Look at who make up most of the population in or jails. Is this a fluke or is this a sign of the times. Those numbers don't lie. Monsters come in all colors .
    Not sure I know exactly what you're talking about. Can you elaborate?