Democrats push bill to Mandate that gun owners purchase 'liability insurance'.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Democrats push bill to Mandate that gun owners purchase 'liability insurance'.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down Democrats push bill to Mandate that gun owners purchase 'liability insurance'.

A New York Democratic lawmaker is behind a national push that would force gun owners to buy liability insurance or face a $10,000 fine.

The Firearm Risk Protection Act, pushed by Rep. Carolyn Maloney and seven co-sponsors, follows efforts at the state level to create the controversial new kind of insurance for gun owners.

"For too long, gun victims and society at large have borne the brunt of the costs of gun violence," Maloney said in a written statement. "My bill would change that by shifting some of that cost back onto those who own the weapons."

The likelihood, though, of Maloney's bill gaining any traction is slim. Republicans control the House, and even states where Democrats have sizeable majorities have not approved the insurance idea.

Six states -- California, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York and Pennsylvania -- have all introduced gun liability insurance legislation over the past few months. None has produced any results thus far.

Democrats push bill in Congress to require gun insurance under penalty of fine | Fox News
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    A New York Democratic lawmaker is behind a national push that would force gun owners to buy liability insurance or face a $10,000 fine.

The Firearm Risk Protection Act, pushed by Rep. Carolyn Maloney and seven co-sponsors, follows efforts at the state level to create the controversial new kind of insurance for gun owners.

"For too long, gun victims and society at large have borne the brunt of the costs of gun violence," Maloney said in a written statement. "My bill would change that by shifting some of that cost back onto those who own the weapons."

The likelihood, though, of Maloney's bill gaining any traction is slim. Republicans control the House, and even states where Democrats have sizeable majorities have not approved the insurance idea.

Six states -- California, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York and Pennsylvania -- have all introduced gun liability insurance legislation over the past few months. None has produced any results thus far.

Democrats push bill in Congress to require gun insurance under penalty of fine | Fox News
    I can just see it now.....

If you have 'multiple firearms', then you would need to purchase 'multiple insurance policies'.
    Certain firearms would 'cost more' to insure than other firearms....Semi-Auto's would be more expensive, etc...

What about all of those 'uninsured' gang banging illegals with guns?
    Would we also be required to purchase 'uninsured gunman' insurance?

Where would it end?
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Ahh yes... AmeriKa. Land of the dipsh!ts, home of the @ssholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Senator Maloneys husband was killed in a shooting on a train. She used it as a platform to get elected. Apparently almost every bill she introduces is anti gun.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    Senator Maloneys husband was killed in a shooting on a train. She used it as a platform to get elected. Apparently almost every bill she introduces is anti gun.

My uncle was killed by a hit and run driver,
    Nobody ever elected me to run for office and no one wants me to promote anti-vehicle legislation.

So Senator Maloney (Baloney) can go get bent as far as I'm concerned.
    ~Outlaw~

That was Carolyn Maloney's friend and colleague, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy from Long Island, NY. Her husband and son were shot by Colin Ferguson on the L.I.R.R. some years back. McCarthy filed lawsuits against the manufacturer of the gun and ammo that was used to kill her husband. The suits were tossed out. She then re-filed them on behalf of her wounded son. They were again tossed-out and she was warned by the court that her actions were frivilous. So she decided to run for office. Her entire platform is guns. Constantly thinking-up new and crazy ways to attack law-abiding ownership through taxes, insurances, regulations, bans, etc. She's a "one-issue" Congresswoman.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Maloney... Macarthy... I can't tell one democrat from another anymore.

Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

They need to change the air in the heads of these politicians. What a bunch of clowns.

Outlaw, I'll vote for you and your anti-car legislation as long as it doesn't include motorcycles!

Like any 'good' politician, you need to protect your special interest supporters.

Maloney... Macarthy... I can't tell one democrat from another anymore.

Clones. Cut from the same mold. Regurgitating the talking points with no experience related to an issue.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

11. So now only rich people can own guns? Will I be able to get govt subsidized insurance if I can't afford it?

It seems like having to pay to exercise a constitutional right would be as unconstitutional as the poll tax.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast