Despite Sequester, White House hosts another 'Star Studded' Concert...SMFH

Thread: Despite Sequester, White House hosts another 'Star Studded' Concert...SMFH

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down Despite Sequester, White House hosts another 'Star Studded' Concert...SMFH

Though the White House has been singing the sequester blues, the Obamas still have managed to scrape together enough of our Taxpayer's Cash to throw yet another star-studded concert celebrating "Memphis Soul" later this month.

The White House announced Tuesday that the 10th concert in its "In Performance at the White House" series would go on April 16. Set to perform are Al Green, Ben Harper, Queen Latifah, Cyndi Lauper and Justin Timberlake, among many others.

Though the White House last month decided to suspend official tours of the "people's house" citing the sequester, the budget cuts apparently have not impeded the concert schedule.

Since their inception in 2009, the White House concerts have featured Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder and other stars.

The concerts are not for the Obamas' ears only. The events are streamed live on The White House, and the April 16 concert will be broadcast on PBS stations across the country. It will also be broadcast to U.S. forces overseas at a later date.

Virtually every social event held by the first family, though, has come under scrutiny, given the impact of the sequester. Republican lawmakers ripped the administration for its decision to cancel White House tours, which affected school groups and others who had made spring plans to visit.

White House throwing star-studded concert despite sequester | Fox News
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Though the White House has been singing the sequester blues, the Obamas still have managed to scrape together enough of our Taxpayer's Cash to throw yet another star-studded concert celebrating "Memphis Soul" later this month.

The White House announced Tuesday that the 10th concert in its "In Performance at the White House" series would go on April 16. Set to perform are Al Green, Ben Harper, Queen Latifah, Cyndi Lauper and Justin Timberlake, among many others.

Though the White House last month decided to suspend official tours of the "people's house" citing the sequester, the budget cuts apparently have not impeded the concert schedule.

Since their inception in 2009, the White House concerts have featured Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder and other stars.

The concerts are not for the Obamas' ears only. The events are streamed live on The White House, and the April 16 concert will be broadcast on PBS stations across the country. It will also be broadcast to U.S. forces overseas at a later date.

Virtually every social event held by the first family, though, has come under scrutiny, given the impact of the sequester. Republican lawmakers ripped the administration for its decision to cancel White House tours, which affected school groups and others who had made spring plans to visit.

White House throwing star-studded concert despite sequester | Fox News
    Typical Limousine Liberals...
    We the sheeple must 'Do as they say, not as they do'.
    Friggin hypocrites!
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post

Imagine being stationed in the middle-east, watching Obama cut military spending over the sequester cuts and then having a music event broadcast to you from his living room. The man has no scruples.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Yep, obummer said that everyone must give up something. So far I have not seen or heard what the obummer's have gave up. They seem to go on vacation every 2 weeks and have a concert every other week that they are in the White House.

Oh I think I know what they have given up! They stopped going to church except for special occasions and for photo shoots!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    Yep, obummer said that everyone must give up something. So far I have not seen or heard what the obummer's have gave up. They seem to go on vacation every 2 weeks and have a concert every other week that they are in the White House.

Oh I think I know what they have given up! They stopped going to church except for special occasions and for photo shoots!!!!!
    Obama has given-up a lot of things... faith in America, the U.S. Constitution, the economy, support for business owners just to name a few.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

The sequester is nothing more then liberal double speak. It's nothing more then a 2% reduction in growth. The government will grow spending at 6% instead of 8%. It's not any different then local government cutting public safety to punish tax payers when the object to paying higher taxes. They aren't about to reduce spending in any program that the public won't notice. Cut were it hurts, that's the name of the game.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I do feel a little insulted that they think Americans are this stupid but I guess when we continue to prove that we are, it doesnt matter.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

And some people think he gives a damn about any of us... lmfao!!! Hahahahaha! I'm sure PBO would say, "You think I do what I do for you?! April Fools M'er F'ers! Haha!"... AmeriKa, you've just been PUNK'D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html